Advice regarding testing equipment.

Shanks120

I am currently training to qualify as a mobile caravan/ motorhome service technician. I need to purchase numerous pieces of service equipment, testers, meters, jacks etc. Have any members any advice regarding what/ what not to buy, how much to pay and so on. Treat me as a novice? Thanks...

I may be being naive, butI would have assumed the Course you are following would be giving advice such as you are requesting. I do not know if there is a Code of Practice but I would assume there are minimum standards for the equipment required and would also have a list of accepted suppliers. Equipment that a lay person would use as a DIY tool is not likely to be acceptable for a professional business.

Dave, thanks for your response. I am currently studying for the National Caravan Council exam from a study pack that is 'extremely dry' and has no pictures or anecdotal advice about what equipment to use/ purchase. I was hoping for some advice from any practioner regarding suitable/ adequate testing equipment. I know damp testers can be purchased for under £20 but I would suggest at that price they may not be robust enough. On the other hand you can pay two or three hundred pounds for top of the range. I was hoping a reader would have been able to give me suitable advice based on experience on what would be appropriate for my intended use.

Archived