Mobile engineer.

jillian

I have a motorhome but want to share this with the caravan owners out there because this guy works on both caravans and motorhomes.

After years of travelling to and from dealers for repairs and servicing I recently tried a mobile guy who popped a card through my letterbox. My fridge was faulty and wouldn't work on gas. Had already rang my dealer who quoted a small fortune to diagnose the problem plus whatever parts were needed. So I had a look at the mobile guys website and spoke to him over the phone. he seemed very nice and agreed to have a look at the fridge for me. He arrived promptly at the appointment time and quickly diagnosed the problem and rectfied it all for a fraction of the expense it would have been and when you add on diesel, shopping spree and lunch etc. I was delighted. In these dark days of failing customer service the experience has been a breath of fresh air.

He operates in Yorkshire but he told me he is a member of a network of engineers that cover the whole of the UK so where ever I travel emergency assistance is only a phone call away.

www.leisurevehiclemaintenance.co.uk

Jillian.

Thanks for that Jillian

I doubt that I will use a guy from Yorkshire - but good to know there is a network of sorts.

We use a local mobile engineer at the site where our caravan is based on a seasonal pitch. Have to say we are very pleased with the quality and thoroughness of the work. He came highly recommended by the site owners and other seasonal pitch c'vaners.

He picked up a slight problem on looking at our offside awning rail a year or so back and suggested we get it looked at by someone who could repair it - he could not as it would need to be done under cover.

We did this and sure enough, he had spotted the seal coming away and his warning that water could and would get in over time was backed up by the servicing guys. So I believe he saved us a lot of agro and money.

Also - the fridge not working on gas is usually dust or insect debris sitting on the gas jet. A good hoover and all is often well. We were quoted over £100 to take the Fridge out on our previous c'van but in the end a knowledgeable mate took it out in about 10 min's - we hoovered out behind and checked all the connections etc. and bingo! - it fired up no problem at all.

As you say - we have found that a local mobile guy for servicing is very good value indeed and a lot of common problems are fairly simple DIY jobs.

Archived