Power movers

Wingpete

I have been reading various forums about the variety of movers for caravans, but I have just had Powertouch trying to fit one that does not meet my criteria, so still searching for a suitable piece of equipment.

My criteria are:

The mover has to fit a "Brian James Minno Shuttle " enclosed trailer.

Used for transporting a small car or large motorcycle.

The trailer has twin axles.

The wheels are outboard of the vertical chassis member, which is in galvanised steel, 10 inches high.

The distance of the outer edge of the wheels from the side member is 8 inches max.

To put the trailer into my garage, I cannot have any protusion beyond the wheels of more than half an inch to clear the uprights.

Yes, it is a very tight fit and I do struggle a bit to push the trailer in, even empty, but it does fit and keeps the trailer secure.

Your thoughts most welcome, as I am not as young as I think I should be !

• 2 years later...

This idea will only any good to you if getting it in your garage is the only reason for having a mover. If it is have you considered a towhitch mover? They are not so popular now so you might be able to pick up a secondhand one at a good price. An alternative might be to fit a removable tow hitch to the front of your vehicle so its easier to see where the trailer is going.

David

Archived