Summer is Here!

Dave225

Summer is here. Or at least the clocks say it is. Last week was actually quite mild so we decided to take the van out for the weekend to Moffat and have the 1st trip of the season. What happened? The temperature dropped like a stone on Friday and Saturday was very cold. Talk about 2 souls hiding under the duvet. I got the chore of getting up first to put the heating on, just because I have the outside of the bed. ‘She’hid under the covers until it was all cosy. However, the sun did shine for part of the time and it did not rain, so not too bad. Everything actually worked, which was a pleasant surprise after such a long cold winter. The toilet flush pump decided not to work for the first little while and then gurgled into life, so that was a relief, in more ways than one.

It is always interesting the first trip as you are replacing all the items removed at the end of the last season, and of course always forget something. This time ironically it was coffee. Left the jar sitting in the spare bedroom and yes, we could easily have bought another one, but for 2 nights we survived, especially as it was a BOGOF deal, and the local COOP is a bit pricey.

So, more or less it is ready for another season. I did not get it serviced this year as the first available date was the end of June, so this will be done after the summer. However, brakes work fine and now the hitch is greased, and lights checked, it all should be ok for the long trip to Spain.

Hi

We had our first trip of the season too, we are in the South, it was gorgeous all week and Wednesday decided to book a night down near Lyme Regis at the C&C club Charmouth site...

The weather was a bit cloudy on Saturday afternoon but it was still really lovely and Sunday was fabulous... made me realise that summer is just around the corner....

No disrespect but this winter started last November so we have had 5 almost into the 6th month of it. Last year it was fine until February when it went all downhill. Yes, it was bad but for not as long as this one. I fully accept that last year we picked up the van from storage in the rain at the end of April to head for Spain, and expect to do the same again this year. But at least a week later we were in shorts on the beach. Hopefully we will do the same again this time.

Al I ask, as a poor humble mortal is a week or so of dry warmish weather between now and the end of April to get a 2nd short trip just to check things over. Looking at tonight's forecast and it is rain until the weekend again. Yeuch! so not much chance yet.

Archived