The 85% Towing Match (recommendation)for Beginners/Novice Caravanner's.

TheTravellingRooster

Hi to you all out there. To some of you,Yes it's Me Again.

It is my personal opinion that the 85% should not be messed with,unless it is a reduction. In real terms whilst caravan & tow vehicle technology has come on in leaps & bounds,the human element hasn't. Beginners to caravanning haven't & won't always have the benefit of technology,nor the money to afford all of the "Essential Toys" to get them out of scrapes. That only comes with experience & bigger paypackets. As good as technology is,it won't tell you that it is about to fail;it just does it. You will only see the light (on the dash panel)if the bulb hasn't died. A novice with a caravan on the back that exceeds 85% and is pushing it "because he/she now feels confidant" after all of the first 100miles or so of his/her maiden outing with the "outfit". Then suddenly,something goes wrong,a sudden tyre deflation or a truck gets to close,the driver was using his lap-top on the steering wheel or having his Fast-Food breakfast or both whilst aiming the truck with his knees. Then BANG the outfit becomes a contender for Strictly but with a load of F-in & G-effin. The only musical input is then at the Cremation or if there is enough left,a funeral.

Oh,while I am at it. Towing above 100% of kerbweight,no matter how clever you think you are, on the Queens Highway (don't be smart & say it may soon be Charlies) is NUTS.

Archived