Travel to France?

Derek Uzzell

Original posting (9 June 2021 6:34 PM) from new forum-member Ding.

Hi

I'm new. We have a caravan which is stored in the South of France. We are fairly desperate to get there because we need to do some maintenance. We live in Wales and have ordered proof of vaccination. I think I have probably solved most obstacles but I have two things that I am worried about and I wondered if anyone has any answers.

1. Will the Welsh letter of proof of vaccination be accepted by the French?

2. How/ where can you get a lateral flow test for return to the UK? I know that you can buy them to take with you but we are not really good at doing video things and the wifi on our campsite is unreliable. I have been unable to find anywhere in Calais but I'm sure it must be possible.

I'd be really grateful for anyone's comments especially if anyone else has been or intends going to France this summer.

My reply (12 June 2021 7:38 AM)

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Ding.

If you look at earller entries on the Caravan Chat forum you’ll see that hardly any enquiries receive a reply. The reason for this is because the present forums were created (in 2006) from a forum dedicated to motorcaravanning and this pastime still dominates.

As your questions should be of general interest to people wishing to travel to France this summer (motorcaravanners as well as caravanners) I’ve moved your enquiry to the Motorhome Matters forum where it should get more attention.

The Motohome Matters copy is here

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Travel-to-France-/58317/

Archived