Truma Airmix

blackray

I've no experience of Truma's "Airmix" product, but installation instructions can be found here:

http://dealer.truma.com/_anweisungen/Truma-Katalog/pdf_verzeichnis/40_000/40030_22700.pdf

In principle, it looks straightforward enough to DIY retrofit. There are caveats regarding which Truma heaters are suitable (Page 6 of the instructions), but the main challenges will be finding the space to fit the unit as the caravan manufacturer normally won't have allowed for its future installation, and cutting a hole through the caravan floor.

I note that you've asked about this on the Caravan Talk forum

http://www.caravantalk.co.uk/community/topic/84336-truma-airmix/

and received a comprehensive reply from 'penman'.

Thank you Derek for your help on this, I'm not certain it's worth the cost and time. We currently just run the fan without the heater on in hot weather and we get cooler air into the caravan. I wonder if the addition of this would make any difference.

Ray

At present you are using your heater's blown-air fan to circulate the air within the caravan and, if you leave windows open, some air should be brought in from outside. If cooler air is going to be anywhere It's likely to be beneath the caravan, so Airmix should offer some comfort benefits. But (as was emphasised on Caravan Talk) Airmix provides no actual cooling of the air that's drawn in - for that you'd need to fit air-conditioning of some sort.

I would have thought Airmix might be worth specifying as a cheapish option when buying a new caravan, but it's debatable if DIY retro-fitting would justify the £70-odd cost of the unit, and very debatable that paying for Airmix to be installed (assuming that it's actually practicable to do this) would be worthwhile given the system's limited capability.

Archived