You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Caravans -> Caravan Chat
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
porch awnings
AuthorMessage
userHolidaytime
Posted: 16 December 2016 8:34 PM
Subject: porch awnings

Just joined

Hi, I am wondering about porch awnings, whether they are worth having, would value any thoughts and experiences that people might have. We may have the opportunity to keep it up all season on a site, do people think that this is a good idea, we are not local to the van site. Many thanks.
userderek pringle
Posted: 18 December 2016 8:51 AM
Subject: RE: porch awnings

Treasured contributor

hi holidaytime and welcome,
We have a small inflatable awning we use with our van. It has proved quite stable even in strong winds but I don't think I would leave it up. We bought the inflatable typ
e as they are easier to put up. I suggest you watch some of the videos on youtube showing the different types being erected.
I have not mentioned a particular type as peoples personal tastes vary
Good luck
derek
userArchiesgrandad
Posted: 20 December 2016 12:18 PM

Treasured contributor

We had one of the nearly modern ones with fibre glass poles for our Adria Adora, and found it easy to erect, stable and it looked fine.
AGD
userStuartO
Posted: 29 December 2016 3:34 PM

We bought a lightweight, cheap porch awning the top of which slides into a groove in the wind-out awning extrusion.  It takes a while to erect, mainly because of the need to peg down all around, but once up it provides a useful rain shelter in which to fold your umbrella or take your wellies off outside the MH.

Only used it very occassionally, only in UK and when rain is likely and we will be stopping there for a few days.  Otherise it's far more trouble than worth.  At least it's light and doesn't take up much space!
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator