porch awnings

Holidaytime

Hi, I am wondering about porch awnings, whether they are worth having, would value any thoughts and experiences that people might have. We may have the opportunity to keep it up all season on a site, do people think that this is a good idea, we are not local to the van site. Many thanks.

hi holidaytime and welcome,

We have a small inflatable awning we use with our van. It has proved quite stable even in strong winds but I don't think I would leave it up. We bought the inflatable typ

e as they are easier to put up. I suggest you watch some of the videos on youtube showing the different types being erected.

I have not mentioned a particular type as peoples personal tastes vary

Good luck

derek

• 2 weeks later...

We bought a lightweight, cheap porch awning the top of which slides into a groove in the wind-out awning extrusion.  It takes a while to erect, mainly because of the need to peg down all around, but once up it provides a useful rain shelter in which to fold your umbrella or take your wellies off outside the MH.

Only used it very occassionally, only in UK and when rain is likely and we will be stopping there for a few days.  Otherise it's far more trouble than worth.  At least it's light and doesn't take up much space!

Archived