Caravans and awnings

Administrator

Caravans and awnings  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

The awning is a vital part of caravanning for us as we have dogs and they love being able to wander from caravan to awning to the secure grass area we create with windbreaks.

Also for me as much as I love my caravan - I still hanker after the idea of camping an a tent!

So sitting in the awning having breakfast is one of my favourite times.

But Lunch, and the evening meal come pretty close to (lol)

Best thing we bought for the awning? - A George Formam dual griddle and grill thing (has the fold down usual GF bit but next to it an open flat hot plate) - this plugs into the external electric socket and gives us a simple instant BBQ with very little mess.

Second best thing? - a simple electric steamer that does fish and the veg so well it makes my mouth water just writing about it.

And whatever we use we can sit out in the awning watching it with a glass of wine.

Not having an awning on a caravan is like having the sausage without the sizzle. We have a large full one and a smaller porch awning for the winter or very short stays.

You must have a very big pitch then - or do you book 2.

as a campervanner I am fed up with people who fill their pitch - caravan, awning, wind breaks, cars, bikes, dogs, kids, and spill over onto ours, because of course we are only using about 6m x 3m worth of it and so are fair game.

We always use an awning, a porch for weekends & when there’s just the two of us, its somewhere for the wet clothes boots etc (if it ever rains) & its handy to keep the chairs in.

We use a full awning when the kids/grandkid comes away with us & use it as an extension to the caravan & for eating in,

or.... if a few of us go away its also used as "the pub" (lol)

Paul

wouldn't dream of tarring everyone with the same brush, didn't think that I had

doesn't mean it doesn't happen - often - occasionally aided and abetted by the management unfortunately

we do try to avoid peak periods, and try to double check all areas of potential difficulty - but can't always avoid the spread - especially if we've had an early arrival.

On one site when we were not supported by wardens we said we would only stay one night instead of original two that we'd asked for and had a dreadful time getting our money back.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived