Main meals

Administrator

Main meals  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Tracker

Because a holiday is for us both and I don't want to see my wife slaving over a hot oven, we tend not to eat 'main' meals when away, preferring instead to have simple meals and/or snacks or salads or by using just the hob.

The oven rarely gets used for cooking and if we fancy a full meal we go to a cafe or restaurant.

The oven does however make an excellent bread and cake store as it is partly insulated from external heat!

We usually eat our main meals in our van having prepared them ourselves. We always intend to have at least one meal out but it doesn't usually transpire as we find all this lovely meat and veg in the markets etc and can't wait to cook it up ourselves and scoff it! :D

Also, by the time we've finished our 'fun' for the day we're usually too knackered to get all tarted up to go out so once we've eaten we slob out on the bed instead! :$

Depends very much on where we are and what we are doing. When touring in UK we generally take lots of food with us, preparing a nice stew beforehand and first night we make some Herby dumplings.....Yummy :-D

If we plan to have a day out sightseeing we will usually plan to have either a proper lunch or evening meal whilst out and then just snack when back at the van.

When we are in Europe we eat more salads (Tuna, Cold Meats etc) and BBQ's. Again, if having a day on the beach we will pack a picnic and then have a Salad or BBQ in the evening when it is much cooler. If sightseeing we enjoy the Cafe culture and will look at eating out before we return to the site.

We enjoy visiting local markets and buying different types of Salami's and Cheeses and then have them for lunch with crispy bread and a chilled glass (or two) of 'Rose'.........Mmmmmmm I'm there already :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived