"Vote Leave broke electoral law" Electoral Commission expected to report

Bulletguy

The official Brexit campaign is expected to be found guilty of four charges of breaking electoral law, the BBC has been told.

Crucially, the draft report is said to claim there was coordination between Vote Leave and a smaller campaign, BeLeave, which received a donation of more than £600,000 in the closing weeks of the referendum, after advice from the Vote Leave director Dominic Cummings.

For months there have been allegations that the two campaigns broke the rules by working together too closely. The electoral rules stipulate that different campaign groups can work loosely together but they must not have a "common plan".

This has always been denied by the two groups and has been investigated twice already by the Electoral Commission.

Vote Leave now admits there was email correspondence between the donor in question, Anthony Clake, and Mr Cummings about passing the donation onto BeLeave.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44704561

Must be the heat, you're a bit slow to jump on that passing bandwagon, it was on the news hours ago!

Since when did the legality bother any political campaigners, it's just that others are better at covering their trail and not getting caught than that lot.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-07-04 1:00 PM

I believe it's the entire electorate who should be concerned about democracy more than any political campaigners. After all this isn't an act of betrayal and misinformation which can be undone after four years.

I believe the entire electorate should be concerned that the 9 million of TAXPAYERS money spent by Cameron is beyond the remit of the electoral commission *-) ...........

Thank you for your email.

The Electoral Commission is responsible for regulating the rules on spending in the run-up to the EU Referendum, as prescribed under the Political Parties Elections and Referendums Act (PPERA) 2000 (amended by the EU Referendum Act 2015). The rules on spending apply during the regulated period (15 April to 23 June). ***These rules exclude spending that is met out of public funds, which includes spending by the government on the government information booklet.***

But we still won >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-07-04 1:57 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-07-04 1:00 PM

I believe it's the entire electorate who should be concerned about democracy more than any political campaigners. After all this isn't an act of betrayal and misinformation which can be undone after four years.

I believe the entire electorate should be concerned that the 9 million of TAXPAYERS money spent by Cameron is beyond the remit of the electoral commission *-) ...........

Explained this to you before but you don't understand. Brexit was running two campaigns which is illegal under electoral commission rules. They were using one to channel (divert) funding in order to hide it.

Patel had issued a formal complaint to the Electoral Commission, claiming that BSiE may have failed to report joint spending with the Liberal Democrat, Labour and Conservative Parties’ Remain campaigns, therefore exceeding limits on expenditure and delivering false spending returns.

However, following an assessment of the complaint, the Electoral Commission found that all spending had been carried out according to the rules.

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-elections-regulator-rejects-remain-campaign-spending-compaint/

But we still won >:-) .........

By misleading and lying to the electorate.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-07-04 2:10 PM

However, following an assessment of the complaint, the Electoral Commission found that all spending had been carried out according to the rules.[/i]

The Electoral Commission is responsible for regulating the rules on spending in the run-up to the EU Referendum, as prescribed under the Political Parties Elections and Referendums Act (PPERA) 2000 (amended by the EU Referendum Act 2015). The rules on spending apply during the regulated period (15 April to 23 June).*** These rules exclude spending that is met out of public funds,*** which includes spending by the government on the government information booklet.

Yeah those rules made by Remoaners........why else would Cameron be able to get away with splashing taxpayer cash? *-) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-07-04 2:25 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-07-04 2:10 PM

However, following an assessment of the complaint, the Electoral Commission found that all spending had been carried out according to the rules.[/i]

The Electoral Commission is responsible for regulating the rules on spending in the run-up to the EU Referendum, as prescribed under the Political Parties Elections and Referendums Act (PPERA) 2000 (amended by the EU Referendum Act 2015). The rules on spending apply during the regulated period (15 April to 23 June).*** These rules exclude spending that is met out of public funds,*** which includes spending by the government on the government information booklet.

Yeah those rules made by Remoaners........why else would Cameron be able to get away with splashing taxpayer cash? *-) ...........

Which bit of this are you finding difficult to comprehend? :-S

"The electoral rules stipulate that different campaign groups can work loosely together but they must not have a "common plan". It is understood that this third investigation concludes that there was a "common plan", and therefore the law was broken.

Vote Leave and Beleave had "a common plan" so broke the law. They've admitted it so i don't know why you're still desperately trying to defend them!

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-07-04 4:44 PM

Prolly the same bit you whinging Remoaners are ;-) .........

You know that difficult bit that doesn't agree with your agenda >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-07-04 9:13 PM

Nobody should have an 'agenda' to break the law and less still, attempt to excuse it. Given they've since admitted to it your persistent excusing it is looking rather silly. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-07-05 8:46 AM

Nobody should have an 'agenda' to break the law and less still, attempt to excuse it. Given they've since admitted to it your persistent excusing it is looking rather silly. *-)

I treat rules made by Whinging Whining Remoaners with the contempt they deserve *-) ..........

Which is exactly how I treat Whinging Whining Remoaners >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-07-06 10:50 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-07-05 8:46 AM

I treat rules made by Whinging Whining Remoaners with the contempt they deserve *-) ..........

Which is exactly how I treat Whinging Whining Remoaners >:-) .........

The rules were not made by Remain or for that matter Brexit.....they were already in place way before the referendum by the Electoral Commission. If you don't 'like' or agree with them then you're advocating a totally lawless society which i don't believe was even part of Brexits policy!!

Write to 'em with your grievance. (lol)(lol)

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/contact-us

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-07-06 12:37 PM

I did......Did you not read their email reply? ;-) ..........

How very convenient eh? *-) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-07-07 9:24 AM

That quote was pasted off an EC website! (lol)

Very. You are too lazy and not really interested to contact them on a personal basis. ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-07-07 10:54 AM

Very. You are too lazy and not really interested to contact them on a personal basis. ;-)

Really? ;-) .............Here's their reply in full >:-) ........

The Electoral Commission is responsible for regulating the rules on spending in the run-up to the EU Referendum, as prescribed under the Political Parties Elections and Referendums Act (PPERA) 2000 (amended by the EU Referendum Act 2015). The rules on spending apply during the regulated period (15 April to 23 June). These rules exclude spending that is met out of public funds, which includes spending by the government on the government information booklet.

After the referendum on Scottish independence, the Electoral Commission recommended that governments should conduct no taxpayer-funded advertising activity during the regulated period. However, Parliament decided not to put any legal restrictions on government activity until 28 days before the poll; 27 May. These were the same rules that were in place for other recent UK referendums. We also issued a statement to this effect at the time the government announced it would distribute an information booklet which you can see on our website here.

As you will also be aware, there was a legal purdah period for the EU referendum – section 125 of PPERA - which placed restrictions on the material that UK governments and other public bodies in receipt of public funds could publish about the referendum from 27 May 2016 to polling day 23 June 2016. The Electoral Commission has no powers under PPERA to sanction bodies who do not comply with these restrictions.

If you have concerns about a breach of the purdah period by the UK government in respect of this matter, you should contact the Cabinet Office at proprietyandethicsteam@cabinetoffice.gov.uk. You should also direct any questions regarding the distribution dates of the Government booklet to the Cabinet Office.

Regards,

Senior Financial Reporting Adviser

Political Finance and Regulation

The Electoral Commission

3 Bunhill Row

London

EC1Y 8YZ

pelmetman - 2018-07-07 4:20 PM

But you haven't posted up the 'email' you claim to have written! I can't think why? (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-07-07 5:12 PM

But you haven't posted up the 'email' you claim to have written! I can't think why? (lol)

Blimey your hard work *-) ..........

"In the light of the latest investigations of the Vote Leave spending their donated money. I would like to know what investigation if any, were carried out into Cameron's spending of Taxpayer's money on the Remain Campaign?"

OK? >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-07-07 5:32 PM

"In the light of the latest investigations of the Vote Leave spending their donated money. I would like to know what investigation if any, were carried out into Cameron's spending of Taxpayer's money on the Remain Campaign?"

Nope......why didn't you fact check first? I've posted the link a few times now. Your problem is you continually attempting to defend the indefensible, that the Leave campaign broke EC law by running independent campaigns which shared a 'common plan'. Not legal under EC law simple as that.

They have since admitted to it so you're out on a limb now. It's pointless attempting to try defending what they've already admitted to!!

Have you notified May's Cabinet yet? (lol)(lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-07-07 5:50 PM

Nope......why didn't you fact check first? I've posted the link a few times now. Your problem is you continually attempting to defend the indefensible, that the Leave campaign broke EC law by running independent campaigns which shared a 'common plan'. Not legal under EC law simple as that.

They have since admitted to it so you're out on a limb now. It's pointless attempting to try defending what they've already admitted to!!

Where as your attempting to defend the Biased Remoaner establishment ;-) ........

Only another 264 defending hypocrisy days to go >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-07-08 9:09 AM

Where as your attempting to defend the Biased Remoaner establishment ;-) ........

Nope once again as there was never anything to defend about the Remain campaign which ran in accordance to EC rules and regulations. Brexit didn't and have admitted to it.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-07-08 10:57 AM

pelmetman - 2018-07-08 9:09 AM

Nope once again as there was never anything to defend about the Remain campaign which ran in accordance to EC rules and regulations. Brexit didn't and have admitted to it.

Once again you ignore the fact that Cameron spent 9 million on the Remain Campaign Propaganda.......52% of which was Brexiteers taxpayer money >:-) ........

So that's £4,680,000 of our money spent against our wishes, and your bitching about 250k of donated money *-) .............

Clearly you Remoaners have no right to the moral high ground, although you have every right to claim Hypocrite Hill as all yours ;-).............

pelmetman - 2018-07-08 12:10 PM

Once again you ignore the fact that.....

You're back to your stuck record again. *-) How many times is this now?? *-)

It's not about cost/money....it's about use of organisations which share "a common plan" which isn't allowed under EC regs. That they then used those organisations to divert and secrete funding simply made matters worse. Why else has Banks been closing down businesses registered at Companies house? Why else is he currently under investigation by the NCA and EC?

You are the only Brexit voter i've seen on forums attempting to justify a case of what is possibly very serious fraud. You're on your own on this one!

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-07-08 12:37 PM

It's not about cost/money....it's about use of organisations which share "a common plan" which isn't allowed under EC regs. That they then used those organisations to divert and secrete funding simply made matters worse. Why else has Banks been closing down businesses registered at Companies house? Why else is he currently under investigation by the NCA and EC?

You are the only Brexit voter i've seen on forums attempting to justify a case of what is possibly very serious fraud. You're on your own on this one!

There's nothing to justify ;-) ..........

It's just another typical Remoaner tactic to try and thwart Brexit *-) ..........

BTW how do you know Banks is being investigated by the NCA? :-| ..........As they never confirm or deny who they're investigating :D ...........

So that's just more Remoaner FAKE NEWS >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-07-08 1:30 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-07-08 12:37 PM

There's nothing to justify ;-) ..........

At last you've finally 'got it'.....no act of possible serious fraud could ever be.

It's just another typical Remoaner tactic to try and thwart Brexit *-) ..........

It's actually something you voted for.....British Justice for British citizens! (lol)(lol)

BTW how do you know Banks is being investigated by the NCA? :-| ..........As they never confirm or deny who they're investigating :D ...........

So that's just more Remoaner FAKE NEWS >:-) ........

Do keep up. It's been all over main stream media outlets the past few days now. Even your fave Beano paper The Wail. (lol)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5918189/Brexit-funder-Arron-Banks-faces-police-probe-finances.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-russia-arron-banks-investigated-leaveeu-national-crime-agency-a8425321.html

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/more-meetings-more-offers-truth-emerges-of-arron-bankss-russia-links-tshg2jz9j

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/04/uk/uk-brexit-russia-links-arron-banks-intl/index.html

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-bankroller-arron-banks-faces-12830500

Guest pelmetman

Dontcha mean its all been over the Remoaner media and the DM like a rash ;-) ........

Yet as the NCA says they never confirm or deny >:-) .........

So as I said just more Remoaner Fake News *-) .........

Archived