ABREVIATIONS

michele

Ok lets have em ... from any where police fire ambulance work where ever.

Lets all have a laugh need a good laugh at the moment.

Ok I like Franks STBO. statement of the bleeding Obvious

I like ? Fubar ***up beyond all recognition

I Like LOB Police terminology for Load of old B*****ks

I put the bleeps in myself who has some good ones.

;-)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Frank Wilkinson
peter - 2007-03-05 10:51 PM PITA.......pain in the *rse BS.........B*llsh*t

Pita, I thought that you spelled your name 'Peter' or is it now 'Pita' Peter? :-D

Guest peter
Frank Wilkinson - 2007-03-05 11:19 PM
peter - 2007-03-05 10:51 PM PITA.......pain in the *rse BS.........B*llsh*t

Pita, I thought that you spelled your name 'Peter' or is it now 'Pita' Peter? :-D

I walked straight into that one didn't I. :D

Guest Frank Wilkinson
howie - 2007-03-05 11:31 PM As one ex tugger to another Frank whats this new motorhome you,ve gone and bought. Not into abreviations. If its to much of an effort to write it down in full then why bother.

It's a new Lunar Telstar. Just under twenty feet but with all the goodies. It's on a Renault Master and I ordered it with aircon and a few other extras.

I spent a few weeks having bits fitted such as a satellite dish on the roof and a reversing camera and I think that it's brilliant.

We had three days in York to ensure that everything worked (it did) and we're off for 8 days over Easter and the first longish trip is three and a half weeks in Europe in June. Don't know where we're going yet although I've booked Hull Zeebrugge both ways.

One that has always stuck in my mind was revealed by the midwife who attended our first child. She told me that during home visits to check on progress of contractions etc, she would always call the hospital before sending a soon-to-be mother to them. If necessary, a state of particular urgency would be indicated (without alarming the parents) by use of the acronym "HIK". It stands for "Head in Knickers."

Bob

One of my favourites and wherever possible my watchword, KISS = Keep It Simple, Stupid!

LTIC = Laugh Till I Cry.

I also like Michele's LMKO and Howie's LMUO (Laugh My Knickers Off, crikey 'Chele you must get through some undies, you always seem to be LYKO) >:-)

D.

Not really an abbreviation but something thats made me smile alot over the years, when working in different hospitals in the North the staff always said someone had gone to Rose Cottage if they had passed away. So as not to upset the other patients on hearing of a death on a ward (never goes down too well).

I have seen so many houses and cottages since called Rose Cottage and it still makes me smile. If only they knew.

By the way Howie and Michelle I spend ages trying to work yours out so thanks for the info, I will need to write them down as my memory has gone downhill lately, closely followed by the rest of my body.

Mandy

Archived