Aires please

michele

Mel,

thanks for that I think you all think that I am computer wizzkid.

thanks for that vote ok having problems ...has anyone actually stayed there ? I,m sure if memory serves me right it was Sylvia & Martin .Anyway anyone who has camped there before I would be grateful ..

cheers Mel

Hi Michele,

yes we went to the Aire at Millau a couple of months ago. They are in the process of creating a new one. The old one still has the services on it but you have to pay. The new one is near the Gendarmerie in Millau but there is a very large parking area at the end of the Bridge, I don't know whether you can park there overnight, we didn't see any signs saying you couldn't.

Hi Mel B,

I tried to buy the Aires thing over the weekend but nobody had it. I have a Tom Tom and have found it brilliant on the continent. I know its a bit cheeky but would you be willing to share it with me.

Jo (Tomos my husband and I am the navigator)

Hi Jo & Tomo;

You can download all the aires poi's for use on a TomTom from the Campingcar-infos website free via this link...

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/Poi/tomtom.php

..alternatively, if you have a laptop you take with you in the van, you can also purchase a cd/dvd from them as well...

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/CD.htm

& click on the €16.50 option (a L'etranger), either cd or dvd, whichever you choose to purchase.

pete

michele -

St Mere Eglise

You can park up overnight on the main square, car park is adjacent to the church - for 8 euros I think - but the bells!!! I don't know whether they ring all night 'cause we stopped on the municipal site there (12 euros)- which is only about 300 yards away round the corner, the borne was not working - it is just at the entrance to the site - but it was last september!

Utah beach

there is a very large free car park there, don't know about staying the night - we were going to, but we went to Azeville to visit the battarie there - and wild camped on their car park - fantastic night - I have never seen so many stars - no light pollution at all.

Carol

Archived