Another 'you should know that already question!

Sandy

Insurance! now as I understand it you are only insured for 60 days under a UK insurance cover when traveling abroad, so how do you go about getting cover for say 6 months?

Yes I am a fully paid up member of the 'Numpty Club' :-D

Sandy - 2007-05-09 12:02 PM

Insurance! now as I understand it you are only insured for 60 days under a UK insurance cover when traveling abroad, so how do you go about getting cover for say 6 months?

Yes I am a fully paid up member of the 'Numpty Club' :-D

Sandy,

Many insurers will cover for 365 days abroad, another urban myth bites the dust 8-) 8-) .

Don

Simple answer is you ask your existing insurer what the additional premium will be, and if they say "no can do", or you don't like their price, shop around.

However, do be aware there are similar restrictions on many house and contents packages (regarding periods of absence), and that extended health insurance can be quite costly.  It can be difficult, and quite time consuming, to get straight answers from insurers where the extent of restrictions is not entirely clear in the policy document.  Whatever you do, don't settle for "I think so", over the phone, as proof positive!  Get it in writing, and be prepared to have to re-insure you house and contents to get what you need.

One firm I know can do the lot, including the medical cover, is Comfort Insurance: doubtless there are others.

Our house will not be unoccupied as son number 2 will be living in it and looking after things while we are away spending his and his brothers inheritance!!

As you suggested Brian just shop around!!!

Sandy - 2007-05-09 12:56 PM

They will? *looks wide eyed* someone has been telling us porkies then, will delve deeper into this. Thank you for that.

Comfort and Safeguard quoted me for unlimited (ie up to 365 days) UK and European-wide cover including breakdown and recovery this morning for very little money indeed compared to the normal fully comp UK policy on my SUV. So yes, shop around and don't baulk at going back to the company you found had the best policy and asking them to match the best quote!

Happy hunting.

Bob

Archived