Answers please

michele

Ok so I know I have no understanding of a map he does it all if not I always manage to end up in a screaming row because I always turn the map around to face the way I think I,m going . The question I want to ask is where abouts is it in France that you should be really avoiding due to Rumour Myth or Truth dont really care which one but where ever it is I dont fancy being there . Oh god trust me to jumble it all up

..If you came to London I would know to say to you all ok Hackney has reputation (Hope you understand )

Where is it that we should avoid from The Shuttle around paris out the other end and on to Claremont ferrand eventually ending up in Beziers South Of France...I dont need a SOTBO I know there is good and bad everywhere ...........Just the places that you think we should avoid .

Thank you all.

Hi, Michele

I think I know what you are asking ? but I would think it is very difficult to give a factual answer, take Hackney I worked there for 20+ years and while there were 1 or 2 places that could be problematic the majority was OK with no problems and 1 of those area is now extremely desirable so places change very quickly,

All I would really say is being aware, as you are, that certain places could pose problems is all you really need to do. As I am sure most of these ?? questionable area will become reasonable obvious to you as you are already aware of there possible existence.

I hope that makes sense but please don't let the thought of these type of problems adversely affect your holiday.

Brian

no go areas

Hi Brian,

Yes sorry wasn't running down Hackney but you know what I mean & I know what it is you mean when you say there are desirable places now..

Just want to try to avoid some of the more dogy area's with the kids on board . Dont rightly know where they are .

As much as hubby does not use this he is into there things Coputers and music and gadgets for men boys toys he still likes to here it if I say oh so and so said this that. He was most impressed last week when we looked at the Hymer it had a SOG .It was good saying oh yeah read about it on the forum...anyway I,m sure you get my drift ...

Syd thanks

According to my old friend Autoroute, your best route is via Reims, Troyes, Dijon, Lyon and Avignon.  That will take you away from Paris, which I'd personally avoid unless actually visiting the city.  Lyon is the only place in France we have ever had a car broken into, which was largely our own fault for not reading the tea leaves (or rather the large patch of broken glass we parked beside!) correctly.  Clermont-Ferrand can be a bit iffy in places - it is an industrial city. 

If you want to go via Millau, go via Rouen, Chartres and Orleans and then South via Clermont-Ferrand.  About 30 miles shorter, but slower. 

If you must go via Paris, go via Amiens, as you can pass most of Paris on the South-East quadrant of the periferique.  However, don't expect it to be quick, or straightforward, a lot of the perfierique is about a coherent as the South Circular!

Me dear old Dad used to tell me to avoid France like the plague.

Since he was evacuated off the Dunkirk beaches, horribly wounded, he blamed the downfall of the BEF on the "bloody French poileus (infantrymen)who ran away" so never again stepped onto French soil.

His holidays took him to the "friendly" Slavs & Greeks !

Now, if he had been alive today, he would not dare say those things for fear of being called "racist" amd the same must be expected if one was to offer criticism to any persons who are not of Anglo-Saxon stock, wherever they live or originate from.

So all those eastenders in 'ackney will now be pursuing their "uman rghts" for just restribution, having been ambniguously mentioned in this forum.

I did not tell them to do it, but bet someone will

>:-) >:-)

Archived