Awnings

Guest TC01

I use the lean-to green house that used to be on the back of my house, it breaks down into four main sections, two side panels, the front panel and the roof. The frame is upvc and the windows are made from clear Perspex, which makes it light enough to carry on the cycle rack. It takes less than 5 hours to erect on site including the gutters and down pipe with 2 people. I’ve adapted the down pipe with various fittings to run directly to the inlet on the fresh water tank, this isn’t pretty with the pipes running all around the van but I feel the environmental advantages out-way the visual impact of this set up. It also the advantage of reducing the number of visits to the service area. Another advantage of using a green house over conventional awning is that on extended breaks, I’m able to grow my own vegetables, which in turn reduces the food budget.

Guest Frank Wilkinson
Apparently, the nurses/wardens let them have computer access occasionally. I suppose writing spoof letters to web forums is better than constantly banging his head on the wall all day.

Couldn't the moderators please filter out, or just ban, this asinine waste of space, or could he just re-register under another silly pseudonym?

On the latter subject, why not just use your real name?  What's to be feared?  After all, our parents will have agonised for hours choosing them!

Why do you feel the need to try to ban someone who gives a welcome break to the usual blah blah blah of everyday banter. This guy may be (or is) daft as a brush, but his posts are intended to be funny, and believe it or not a lot of people,including me think they are. Its time people got off their high horses and started enjoying life, it's too late to laugh when your dead. Here's a simple suggestion to those who winge about TCs posts, dont read them, He has as much right as anybody to post threads, and as long as he isn't abusive or threatening to anybody, then I certainly have no problem with him (or her), and neither should anyone else for that matter.however looking back on the other couple of comedy threads, several members on her have been outright abusive towards TC eg "you are obviously too stupid to be driving a large vehicle " or words to that efect. These are the sort of people who should be banned from the site. A lot of people comment on how motorhomers are all old fuddy duddy's, and judging by the replies to this guys posts, them comments are pretty much right. Lighten up people, laugh when somethings funny and cry when it's sad, but please stop all this talk of banning someone you've decided you dont like.

[QUOTE]TC01 - 2006-11-16 9:47 AM I use the lean-to green house that used to be on the back of my house, it breaks down into four main sections, two side panels, the front panel and the roof. The frame is upvc and the windows are made from clear Perspex, which makes it light enough to carry on the cycle rack. [/QUOTE] Have you tried multi wall pvc instead of perspex ? it's much lighter and there is no need for heavy upvc frames as you can get an aluminium frame which slides together. There is also an opening section you could fit to give a sunroof effect.

Actually got a good point, it would be a good way to top up with fresh water...maybe we should have a water collection system straight into the water tank after all we boil it first before we use it....as for the growing vegtables?? dosnt the fumes from the exhaust and boiler etc taint the taste of the veg???

Guest Frank Wilkinson

[QUOTE]euroanchor - 2006-11-16 3:37 PM Why do you feel the need to try to ban someone who gives a welcome break to the usual blah blah blah of everyday banter. This guy may be (or is) daft as a brush, but his posts are intended to be funny, and believe it or not a lot of people,including me think they are. Its time people got off their high horses and started enjoying life, it's too late to laugh when your dead. Here's a simple suggestion to those who winge about TCs posts, dont read them, He has as much right as anybody to post threads, and as long as he isn't abusive or threatening to anybody, then I certainly have no problem with him (or her), and neither should anyone else for that matter.however looking back on the other couple of comedy threads, several members on her have been outright abusive towards TC eg "you are obviously too stupid to be driving a large vehicle " or words to that efect. These are the sort of people who should be banned from the site. A lot of people comment on how motorhomers are all old fuddy duddy's, and judging by the replies to this guys posts, them comments are pretty much right. Lighten up people, laugh when somethings funny and cry when it's sad, but please stop all this talk of banning someone you've decided you dont like. [/QUOTE]

It's nothing to do with being fuddy duddies. No one likes a laugh more than I do but there's more to TC01 than having a laugh.

If you look at his first posts about cooking in a van whilst travelling and blocking his neighbour's drive whilst parking you'll see that he is trying to actually appear serious, whilst at the same time coming across as rather stupid.

He then sits back and has a laugh at our expense when we're not sure whether or not he's for real.

I don't find him funny. I think that he's a rather nasty and superior person who is doing this to show how clever he is and how gullible (in his view) most motor caravanners are.

This has reminded me of the bus's we saw in outer hebrides, I asumed they where out of order and parked up to grow tomatoes inside, but maybe not, it might have been a way to pay for fares, you weed and water plants. By the way 5 hours to erect! have you thought of mounting it on wheels, then you could tow to site and just wheel to side of van

[QUOTE]Frank Wilkinson - 2006-11-16 6:39 PM If you look at his first posts about cooking in a van whilst travelling and blocking his neighbour's drive whilst parking you'll see that he is trying to actually appear serious, whilst at the same time coming across as rather stupid.

He then sits back and has a laugh at our expense when we're not sure whether or not he's for real.

I don't find him funny. I think that he's a rather nasty and superior person who is doing this to show how clever he is and how gullible (in his view) most motor caravanners are.

[/QUOTE] And what a good job he is doing of it. you are all rising to the bait, just look at some of the replies. And as for somebody setting of on their own little witch hunt and suggesting that TC01 is me under an assumed name, how sad a life has that person got ? Any computer user could work out if the posts are coming from not only the same ISP address, but the same machine. we should all remember this is a public forum,open to all and sundry, not just the few who believe it's only for them. As Dave Newell and a few others have said, If TC01's posts bother you, dont read or reply to them. Simple innit !

Guest Frank Wilkinson
[QUOTE]euroanchor - 2006-11-17 8:07 AM [QUOTE]Frank Wilkinson - 2006-11-16 6:39 PM . [/QUOTE] He then sits back and has a laugh at our expense when we're not sure whether or not he's for real.

[/QUOTE] And what a good job he is doing of it. you are all rising to the bait, just look at some of the replies. And as for somebody setting of on their own little witch hunt and suggesting that TC01 is me under an assumed name, how sad a life has that person got ? Any computer user could work out if the posts are coming from not only the same ISP address, but the same machine. we should all remember this is a public forum,open to all and sundry, not just the few who believe it's only for them. As Dave Newell and a few others have said, If TC01's posts bother you, dont read or reply to them. Simple innit ! [/QUOTE]

Thank you Euroanchor, but as you say, it's a public forum and I shall carry on responding to this nutcase's posts as long as I like.

I actually don't subscribe to the view that people should be able to post whatever they like and we should simply ignore them. Would you find it acceptable for sex pervets to use this forum to meet each other at camp sites around the country for instance? This is a forum for motorhomers and topics should be kept within reasonable bounds otherwise this site becomes meaningless.

What I really object to about TC01 is that his posts, particularly the first ones, were a clever attempt to appear serious and accordingly, rouse people to repudiate him. He can then feel very superior knowing how he's pulled the wool over a few simple motorhomers.

Humour I love, snidy creeps like TC01 I despise and I shall continue to post responses to him as often as I like.

Franky, Franky, Franky, only someone with the brains of a retarded dung beetle could have taken my posts seriously. I shouldn’t really have tell you this, (but I’m beginning to feel sorry for you), you show yourself to be a bigger and bigger fool with every reply you make, but I suspect that even after having this pointed out to you, you’ll continue. Having said the above, I do enjoy watching you spitting feathers. Take it away Franky

Guest Frank Wilkinson

Like I said, a nasty, snide and superior person! As for spitting feathers, does it actually occur to you that I may like a good debate?

This is my last contribution to any post by TC01. I really do think that he is a most unpleasant character who enjoys creating disharmony, and that's not what forums like this are about.

Archived