B.T. NIGHTMARE.

Hymer C 9.

On going away in March, thought away 3 months suspent my telephone line and broadband while away, told no problem, same E mail no and telephone no, I was told, got back phoned up please can we have our telephone etc on. oh no can't do that rules have all changed in April, cancelled your line and broadband you will have to apply again sounds easy I have had to hang on the the phone for a total of 15 hours, at different times, a hour and half at one time, with a different expanation each time, in the end we are back on line 3 weeks later, lucky same e mail address but different telephone number good job we are still not in business. moral of this tale if you dont want a awfull lot of hastle don't suspend your telephone line, and believe me this is a condensed version of what we have had to go through. Carol.

Have had several hours of trying to get BT to move phone line from Mobile Home to new house, its a nightmare for such a simple job.

Other week b-in-law had a line to a nabour draped across gate way, he spent an hour phoning BT to no avail, in the end he drove Harvester straight throu line and left nabour to report line fault.

Why suspend your phone while you're away? Would you also suspend your gas and electric? Maybe even try to suspend your council tax? It seems to me that when you leave home to wander, you must carry on paying all your standard bills. Of course it may seem unfair that your DDs are stealing your money while you are away on trips but at the end of the day, life is like that. I can sympathise and say that in truth this isn't fair, but .........none of us can escape the payments. Shortly, I will be travelling Europe for around six months of the year. I have to face facts and realise that my bills back in UK must be paid. There is no discount here. Perhaps, the gas and electric bills which are mostly estimated, may just give a rebate on return to the motherland.

Hi,

The day before we set off for a couple of months in France, I decided to set all my Yahoo groups to NOMAIL. Switch on my PC....absolutely dead. Phone my man, who said the power pack had probably failed due to a surge (Yes, I do have surge protection).

Dash round to the library, try to log onto my ISP, but got confused by their right handed mouse....my wife is left handed, and I have got used to "her" mouse. Having hit the wrong key a couple of time, I was told that my account had been "locked" and to consult my ISP. Aaaaaagggghh!

Arrive back in UK, visit library. Pheeeew! My account had been unlocked after about three weeks, but only 1000 mails. Presumably the rest had been bounced. It didn't seem worth complaining to my ISP that they owed me two months rent.

Still cost me £30 to get the PC fixed.

Oh yes, I found a biblioteque (library) in France (Evran) that has FREE internet access. I didn't use it, so don't know what is involved. Maybe other biblioteques offer the same? Our libraries in this part of Wales also offer free access.

Hi, On the ISP charge you could always change to TalkTalk as the broadband is free

W3526602 - 2007-07-14 6:40 AM

Hi,

The day before we set off for a couple of months in France, I decided to set all my Yahoo groups to NOMAIL. Switch on my PC....absolutely dead. Phone my man, who said the power pack had probably failed due to a surge (Yes, I do have surge protection).

Dash round to the library, try to log onto my ISP, but got confused by their right handed mouse....my wife is left handed, and I have got used to "her" mouse. Having hit the wrong key a couple of time, I was told that my account had been "locked" and to consult my ISP. Aaaaaagggghh!

Arrive back in UK, visit library. Pheeeew! My account had been unlocked after about three weeks, but only 1000 mails. Presumably the rest had been bounced. It didn't seem worth complaining to my ISP that they owed me two months rent.

Still cost me £30 to get the PC fixed.

Oh yes, I found a biblioteque (library) in France (Evran) that has FREE internet access. I didn't use it, so don't know what is involved. Maybe other biblioteques offer the same? Our libraries in this part of Wales also offer free access.

We just left our lines on while we were away for 3 months we came back 25th June.I used the libraries in France and Portugal also the internet cafe`s I used my own laptop in the libraries which was great everything on the desktop no searching.So I did`nt have hundreds of e-mails to come back to.

Val

We had a nightmare with BT. We where moving house, just two doors away. Arranged with BT for the appointed day, said OK we will have to disconnect for the move, but you keep the same number. The engineer moved the phone, went to the exchange to reconnect, He returned two hours later said he could not reconnect us as the stupid SO & SOs in India had booked it as canceled line. He got it sorted out the next day. Three weeks later our internet went dead. I rang the provider they said BT had cut it off because it was a new line, and demaned £50.00 to reconnect, I refused to pay. After many e-mails and phone calls to both parties, each blaming the other, I had to aggree to a new internet contract for 18 months in lew of the £50.00 to get reconnected.

Regards Marcob

Archived