Baltic Warf

Vixters other half

Left Big Brian and Vixter at Baltic Warf while I made a business trip to Ireland. Came back last night to find the place crawling with riot police and a helicopter circling over head.

I thought Vixter had invited Howie and Starspirit and a few other Forum-ers round!!

Turns out it was City v Rovers - shame really, Vixter generally puts on a good party!

VoH

Olley, BB is 8.5 metres which is around 27-28 feet long. We can get in but there is only one maybe two pitches we can get on. We have to have a couple of bites to get out the site as they have a roundabout in the road. I think 30 foot is going to cause problems as the one way system is pretty narrow and there is usually some dipstick who parks in front of his van and not alongside it .

Ive never seen any US RV's here but there is another bigun comoming to our pitch when we move out.

All I can suggest is you try again there is a different warden here at the mo and very helpful.

best of luck !

VoH

Hi VOH thanks for that, info from other posters is thats ideal for walking into Bristol, and I would like to have another look around the Gt. Britain. Last saw it about 30 years ago.

If asked I will lie a little and say I am 28' :-D

Olley

Michele is unavailable at the moment Bob, and to add to your disappointment the "DD 42ft" was a reference to her days as a clippie with London Transport, so its a Double Decker bus she was on about.

Anyone fancy a Routemaster home conversion. 8-)

Mel B

Comoming or other such words emanating from my post are due to a computer failure to recognise what I want from what I typed. This also occurs in conversations as well. Sharwoods Changoo Mutney is well know as is the hip pollet wocket I carry, I aslo share afflicted compinions with other forum memebers

?Does this question your answer

VoH

Thanks Howie, everything is clear now.

A Routemaster conversion would certainly have "presence" on site, but imagine how annoying it would be to have every plonker going past singing "Summer Holiday" in a Cliff Richard sort of voice.

Hope Michele's OK and there isn't a problem with her little 'un.

Bob

Nothing is clear when you bring Michele into the equation Bob, but I believe with one of the youngsters requiring hospital treatment she has her hands full at the moment which is understandable.

As for "Summer Holiday", that was a bit before my time i,m afraid, but I did have a crush on Una Stubbs at one time. :$

I did part convert a 27 seater bus years ago, but as the Beverley Hillbillies was popular on the telly at the time comments from passers by resulted in the wife refusing to travel in it. :-(

Archived