Blair & Brown

DarcyDog

During all the ups and downs of their relationship, a lot of information ended up being sent by emails or even just old fashioned notes. One of Blairs notes to Brown apparently had some kind of code in it that nobody could decipher. It went to MI6, then MI5 , the Chief Constable and finally the SAS where it sat on the "Boss's" desk for a day or two where its meaning was openly discussed. In the end it was solved by a Corporal standing in front of the Boss's desk who simply said "You need to read it upside down" The coded message?:- 370HSSV-0773H

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE]One of Blairs notes to Brown apparently had some kind of code in it that nobody could decipher.[/QUOTE] Reminds me of the comment Jim Hacker made in a report margin in Yes Minister "Round objects". On reading it, Sir Humphrey said "Who is Round and to what does he object?" :-D Graham

[QUOTE]michele - 2006-10-31 3:48 PM Mel B , love the new photo . sadly our dog died on friday morning only 6 came back from France in a hurry can't stop crying bloody mad how we get so attached I feel like my arm has been cut off. :-([/QUOTE]Sorry to hear about your dog Michele and he/she looked such a charactor as well, with the picture always guaranteed to make me smile. Chin up. Howard.

Along with "Rising Damp" Yes Minister remains one of my favorite programs Graham. The worrying part is that it owed much of its success supposedly, to the fact that it was based on how Ministers really worked with their senior Civil Servants. I suppose if we are all going down the pan, then we might as well go with a smile on our faces. Howard.

Howard, Thankyou you made me laugh that is a first in day's I did smile that is not my dog .It is just a mad dog i found on the internet . I dont know how to put her on here well the two I have lost recently anyway's will have to get my daughter to do it . the boarder collie sooty was 15 hd agood innings we knew that was coming so had plenty of time to say goodbye . The other one the pug my baby only six died friday morning no reason I don't want to know why not having her messed with at the vet's . Have two left now one other pug and a lasa appso so of to bed soon with Jingles and fudge. Hubby working late on aid due to the Haloween parties in the east end, well all bound to end in tears told him to be careful you never know what will happen at the witching hour probably a stabbing or three silly get's ..... what a life what did we do when we were kid's I remember at a bonfire party once jumping off the garage roof dressed in a tinkerbell suit ...............? Well I thought I could fly ..........I was only 6 I think little things pleased little mind's in my day (lol)

Michelle So very sorry to hear of your doggy's departure, extremely sad, we still miss Piggy and we lost her in March. They really are little hairy 'children' aren't they! :'( The new photo is of Midge on the Isle of Wight snoozing in the sunshine, we covered him in pebbles and put the brolly over him to keep him cool whilst we pottered on the beach and paddled with Piggy our other dog at the time - Midge doesn't like paddling - he didn't move for at least 20 mins as he was so comfy! Someone sent me an email today with the below on, it should make you chuckle ... I totally agree with most of it!!! "To be posted VERY LOW on the refrigerator door - nose height. Dear Dogs and Cats, The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate of food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest. The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm. For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, or try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years --canine or feline attendance is not mandatory. The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough! To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front do or: To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets 1. They live here. You don't. 2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"niture.) 3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people. 4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly. Remember: Dogs and cats are better than kids because they: 1. Eat less 2. Don't ask for money all the time 3. Are easier to train 4. Usually come when called 5. Never drive your car 6. Don't hang out with drug-using friend 7. Don't smoke or drink 8. Don't worry about having to buy the latest fashions 9. Don't wear your clothes 10. Don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and 11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children." (lol)

Hiya Michele. There was a picture of a Pug in yesterdays paper where the owner had spent £7000 on accessories including green or pink nail varnish on her pet depending on its mood. Another owner had spent £60,000 on her Yorkie, which the wife pointed out to me. This may have been a hint for this coming Christmas, so if you have any ideas on something really classy and exotic within my £30 budget please let me know. Right off thread on this one, but i,m planing to start work on the bathroom soon and the one thing undecided is the bath. The one we have is a great big cast iron one which will cost a fortune to replace unless we opt for a plastic one. Apart from the colour (cream, and everything now has to be white) its perfect, and i,m wondering if anyone has any experience of recolouring etc, and does it really work. Howard.

My thoughts entirely Melanie. What really gets me is that a really nice looking and functional bathroom suite is being replaced purely for the sake of fashion. As you say, give it a few years and coloured suites will be all the go and off we go again, but for the sake of a bit of peace and quiet well worth it. I see your Worshippers Of Rapido Motorhomes Society is gaining a lot of interest and support, and with this in mind Woodchopper and myself have decided to start our own club to be known as the wanderers and travellers society. Conditions on entry will be fairly strict, but we have identified quite a few prospective members already on this forum alone. Howard.

Howard, you want me to come and have a word with your Mrs then. After all why should a nice gentleman like yourself have to suffer . I think she is bang out of order. They say God is a women haha. Perhaps she is getting her own back on you keep you off the site and busy :'( (lol) Or for you and wayne winding up Mel . Good luck what ever the color ;-)

Thank you for pointing out a potentially embarrassing situation there Mel. Please note that the club name has now been amended to "the independant travellers society", and looking back through previous postings we are pleased to inform both you and Michele, that with such impeccable credentials you have both been accepted as members. Details of subscription payments will follow shortly. Howard.

Howard As with all club names, any begining with 'The' are shortened so that the 'The' disappears, therefore your club should be know as ITS, however, if you decide not to run with this name either it could become: That Was the Indepedent Travellers Society (TWITS). ;-)

Dear Hinge and Bracket. Thank you once again for your input on this matter, but "That Was" suggests a past tense and we,ve only just started. Would "totally independent travellers society" be acceptable has we still want a theme that applies to future lady members. Howard.

Archived