Brexit Secretary resigns

Bulletguy

David Davis has thrown his towel in and resigned as Brexit Secretary. Dominic Raab appointed. Leadsom defies May and says there must be 'no special favours' for EU nationals after Brexit.

Any cabinet makers out there? At this rate they will need some scaffolders too! (lol)(lol)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2018/jul/09/david-davis-resigns-as-brexit-secretary-live-updates

Guest pelmetman

Hopefully the 1922 committee will put the final boot in and we can replace Mrs May with a proper Brexiteer >:-) ............

Moggy Moggy Moggy.....In In In :D .........

pelmetman - 2018-07-09 2:02 PM

Hopefully the 1922 committee will put the final boot in and we can replace Mrs May with a proper Brexiteer >:-) ............

Not a chance in hell. Him and the ERG are finished. May saw to that at Chequers. There is nowhere for them to go and they have no candidate to field that could stand or get backing. They would need 159 to vote against May. No chance. Your vision of Brexit is over. We cannot even legally leave with no deal now because of the Withdrawal agreement within which it states no changes on the Irish border can be made because of Brexit. Thats actual law now.

Dont get me wrong, I dont want this fudged up half in rubbish either. I want it to end up so close to what we have now that it becomes so apparent that leaving is pointless that it forces a second referendum on the final deal with an accept or remain option because leave with no deal is no longer an option.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-07-09 2:50 PM

Not a chance in hell. Him and the ERG are finished. May saw to that at Chequers. There is nowhere for them to go and they have no candidate to field that could stand or get backing. They would need 159 to vote against May. No chance. Your vision of Brexit is over. We cannot even legally leave with no deal now because of the Withdrawal agreement within which it states no changes on the Irish border can be made because of Brexit. Thats actual law now.

Dont get me wrong, I dont want this fudged up half in rubbish either. I want it to end up so close to what we have now that it becomes so apparent that leaving is pointless that it forces a second referendum on the final deal with an accept or remain option because leave with no deal is no longer an option.

Boris has gone now :D ..........Now its time for a Brexiteer PM B-) ...........

263 days until we crash out of the EU :-> ............

pelmetman - 2018-07-09 3:20 PM

Great! The unpolished Turd has been flushed down the pan

Its all going so well! Easiest deal in history innit! (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-07-09 3:29 PM

Correct ;-) .........a No Deal is >:-) .........

Boris has gone now :D ..........Now its time for a Brexiteer PM B-) .......

Yet you previously lauded her on here as the "sainted" Mrs May. That halo soon got binned eh? (lol)(lol)

At this rate your coalition of car crash chaos won't last that long!! (lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)

Could always form an alliance with Faridge.......

NewKip for Monster Raving Lunatics! (lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)

pelmetman - 2018-07-09 3:35 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-07-09 3:29 PM

Correct ;-) .........a No Deal is >:-) .........

As I keep saying. No deal is simply not possible now. They might be acting all tough, pretending that we are preparing for a "No deal" but our hands are tied now. There has to be a Deal. Your only hope of any kind of Brexit that still sounds a bit Brexity is if the EU accept this latest fudge agreed at Chequers and dont completely throw it out or demand that we retain CU and SM. I would suspect that going on past negotiations where much of what TM is proposing has been thrown out before I think its unlikely they will accept it as it is.

A total failure in negotiations of course and facing a no deal situation may well be the best outcome for remainers as I Reckon they will have to either admit defeat and revoke article 50 or go back to the public and ask them if they want to remain or leave with no deal.

Jean-Claude Junker commends May on her parties "new found unity". (lol)(lol)

“The mess caused by Brexit is the biggest problem in the history of UK-EU relations and it is still very far from being solved with or without Mr Davis.”

On the resignation of Mr Johnson, he added: “I can repeat what I said about Mr Davis.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/986114/Brexit-news-UK-EU-Jean-Claude-Juncker-Boris-Johnson-David-Davis-Donald-Tusk

Bulletguy - 2018-07-09 5:05 PM

Jean-Claude Junker commends May on her parties "new found unity". (lol)(lol)

Not surprising the EU is laughing their socks off.

The biggest losers will be the British people.

I can't agrgue with this...

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said Mr Johnson and Mr Davis had abandoned a "sinking ship", shattering the the "illusion of unity" initially surrounding the Chequers plan.

"The Chequers compromise took two years to reach and two days to unravel," he said. "We have a crisis in government... it is clear this government cannot secure a good deal for Britain." :-(

(my only consolation is all my investments are in foreign funds which have just hit another record high against the sinking pound)

antony1969 - 2018-07-09 8:14 PM

More goodbyes ... Could work well for us rich Tories ... Boris , Rees Mogg or Davis for leader to see us threw Brexit... Bring it on ... Happy Days

Not a chance in hell of any of them getting in and so what if they did? They are completely outnumbered by peers that are against their kind of Brexit. They can stamp their feet and shout and scream hard Brexit but it wont get voted through even if they do get a chance to take up the reigns.

Dave, I watched the entire session in Parliament today and I heard all the guff about how they are preparing for a no deal. Its too little too late. The EU know full well its a bluff. There is no real prep for no deal going on and they cannot accept no deal anyway. Its just not going to happen. Brexit is finished. The people just dont know that yet.

Barryd999 - 2018-07-09 9:14 PM

More goodbyes ... Could work well for us rich Tories ... Boris , Rees Mogg or Davis for leader to see us threw Brexit... Bring it on ... Happy Days

Not a chance in hell of any of them getting in and so what if they did? They are completely outnumbered by peers that are against their kind of Brexit. They can stamp their feet and shout and scream hard Brexit but it wont get voted through even if they do get a chance to take up the reigns.

Dave, I watched the entire session in Parliament today and I heard all the guff about how they are preparing for a no deal. Its too little too late. The EU know full well its a bluff. There is no real prep for no deal going on and they cannot accept no deal anyway. Its just not going to happen. Brexit is finished. The people just dont know that yet.

"Brexit is finished" ... That my dear is the boldest statement I've seen on here other than Impeachment Impending!! ... "the people just don't know that yet" but Barry does ... Ordinary thicko man down the pub ain't got a clue but Barry does because he watched the whole parliamentary session and has observed 2 years of Brexit ... Lordy

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-07-10 6:46 AM

Can anybody apart from the Mad Hatter still believe this shower are going to get us a better deal out of the EU than we have as a member of it?

Even Mrs May's deal is better than staying in ;-) ...........

Although I'd prefer a No deal B-) .........

Guest pelmetman

So did I ;-) ...........I suspect you're going to be in for a mega disappointment in 262 days time :D ........

antony1969 - 2018-07-10 7:51 AM

"Brexit is finished" ... That my dear is the boldest statement I've seen on here other than Impeachment Impending!! ... "the people just don't know that yet" but Barry does ... Ordinary thicko man down the pub ain't got a clue but Barry does because he watched the whole parliamentary session and has observed 2 years of Brexit ... Lordy

Yes Antony that is correct. I Dont think the average person has a fecking clue about Brexit unless they have bothered to keep themselves informed. That doesn't mean they are thick, just that most have simply not kept up or have lost interest. They voted in something two years ago and now expect it to be delivered but its just not going to happen. Unless the EU just say "Ah yes Theresa, cracking deal that, we accept it all, well done" its going to be back to the drawing board and the clock is ticking. No deal is not an option anymore so where do you think we are going to end up?

Its been obvious to me for a while now that its just undeliverable unless its totally Brexit in name only. Thats why its finished. It would be better to explain that to the public and revoke article 50 than to pretend we have left when we haven't really. The only way we can ever leave the EU is when we are in a position to just walk away and everyone is behind it and we just simply aren't.

John52 - 2018-07-10 6:46 AM

Can anybody apart from the Mad Hatter still believe this shower are going to get us a better deal out of the EU than we have as a member of it?

Far as i'm aware there's only the Mad Hatter's sidekick on here. Even on other forums the silence from absentee Brexsh*tters is deafening. They've all scarpered!

Barryd999 - 2018-07-10 9:13 AM

antony1969 - 2018-07-10 7:51 AM

Yes Antony that is correct. I Dont think the average person has a fecking clue about Brexit unless they have bothered to keep themselves informed. That doesn't mean they are thick, just that most have simply not kept up or have lost interest. They voted in something two years ago and now expect it to be delivered but its just not going to happen. Unless the EU just say "Ah yes Theresa, cracking deal that, we accept it all, well done" its going to be back to the drawing board and the clock is ticking. No deal is not an option anymore so where do you think we are going to end up?

Its been obvious to me for a while now that its just undeliverable unless its totally Brexit in name only. Thats why its finished. It would be better to explain that to the public and revoke article 50 than to pretend we have left when we haven't really. The only way we can ever leave the EU is when we are in a position to just walk away and everyone is behind it and we just simply aren't.

Utter drivel ... On what have you based the average person isn't informed regarding Brexit ???

Just the phone in on the radio today was enough. Those of us on forums might be better informed but it's clear to me most of the public haven't got a clue. It's complicated. I bet you £100 if you walked into Huddersfield town center right now and asked 20 people to explain the single market, customs union and the NI problem, probably 18 of them wouldn't have a clue.

There's your problem though. It was clear to me today that people are just stamping their feet saying "we want the Brexit we were promised!!!" However, that I am afraid is just not possible, it never was. Some of us always knew that but here we are. By the time it's all been renegotiated we will be left with no choice but to either leave in name only or stay. I can't see any other choices now.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-07-10 4:35 PM

I can't see any other choices now.

That'll be them Remoaner blinkers :D ........

Archived