Burgalry stories please

michele

err why do you want to know 'chele? Our previous house was on a main road, next door neighbours about 100 yards away and fields in front and behind. We were done 3 times over a period of about 10 years; it is very intrusive and most unpleasant, we weren't in at the time I dread to think what it must be liked to have your home invaded while you're there.

B-)

Jacki, Sorry I meant to say M/h's not houses.

I meant stories about being on aires or parked somewhere you never know perhaps we can learn by others mistakes help each other .. ;-)

cause apart from locking the doors I am one of those that rely on the fact that I will wake up ? Some peple have not perhaps I wouldn't either.

I think about time to get some deadlocks..........Just wanted to know a few more stories cause my hubby wont fit them until he sees what happens out there.

I 'assume' that a van conversion is more secure than coachbuilds / A class vans. We have original doors, and once we are in no-one can get in without climbing / falling over us or the loo.

There is one point to check tho' - the back door hinges on the Fiat Ducato had clear and ready access to the hinges, all you would need was a dollop of WD40 and a screw driver, and you're in with the lock untouched.

B-)

The only break-in that I have had was not in the M/H but when I was on holiday in France in the car. We stopped at the Cora supermarket in Colmar for a quick visit to the loo. We were not away from the car for more than 5 minutes. When we returned I saw glass on the ground and that the rear door quarter light was smashed. What had been taken was my SLR camera and several telephoto and wideangle lenses, the video camera including all the tapes of our holiday so far and a briefcase which contained only maps and guidebooks. None of these items were on view as they were 'hidden' under blankets and pillows.

The carpark was nearly full but nobody had seen anyone near the car or breaking the window. The supermarket manager did not want to know and he sent us to the local police station, who also did not want to know as they were not the police department that dealt with that sort of thing so they sent us to another station. There they took a statement and issued the police report for the insurance.

My wife was crying at the time and the police office where we were making the statement was in the same area as the cells, which were occupied by people who thought it was quite hilarious that we had been robbed and took great delight in taking the mickey out of my wife's obvious distress at the circumstances.

Phil.

Michelle

When we were considering a motorhome we hired a Benimar From RDH motorhomes in Alicante and we had a break in while we were parked up in Murcia. Nothing was taken as we had all our valuables with us, camera ccards and passports. What it did though, was convince us that C class motorhomes were vulnerable because they still have the same cab doors as the base vehicle (which was the method of entry) and we looked for a solidly built A class - hence Big Brian.

The Spanish police were not interested as we had not lost anything, and we reported it back to RDH local rep who was not too worried about the mangled lock on the passenger door. Not sure if it was fixed for the next hirer though.

VoH

Archived