You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

[Frozen]
 Forums ->  General Chat -> Chatterbox
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 Last
Frozen
Format:  Go
CAPTAIN LOOKING FOR A MATE
AuthorMessage
usertwooks
Posted: 7 March 2007 11:49 PM
Subject: RE: CAPTAIN LOOKING FOR A MATE

Hymer C 9. - 2007-03-07 10:29 PM

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. if they really need to have these debates, which they don't seem to let go why can't they just send messages to each others pm inboxes .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. Carol

I believe the partial quote says it all.

usermichele
Posted: 8 March 2007 1:03 AM

starspirit - 2007-03-05 12:10 PM

There is also the 'Phoenix Group' and 'The Loners Group' both of whom appear in the MMM clubs list.

There are also CCC and MCC weekend rallies where you might feel a bit out of place to start with but most groups are friendly and welcoming

You could try an email to the editor of MMM.

I did exactly this, and he published it a couple of years ago following which I had lots of emails and from these and the following conversations I gained the impetus to start using the van again if only to go and meet some of these good and kindly folk.

I did not really ever expect to find anyone with whom I wanted to share my life from this episode but as a learning curve it did get me going again, and I met several ladies with whom some good times were shared - in separate vans - mostly!

Following a month long solo trip to the Outer Hebrides and just when I was beginning to think that perhaps being alone was not so bad after all I met a lovely lady completely by chance whilst out walking the dog and we have been together for a while now. She too loves the van way of life which is always a bonus of course.

A dog is a heck of a tie in may ways but during the dark days following the loss of my wife it was the dog that was my life saver, keeping me sane, and keeping me going and 'leading' to me meeting (or is that collaring?) lots of people who would otherwise have just nodded and passed me by.

All I can say is try everything and see what suits you and your lifestyle best.

Heartfelt best wishes, and feel free to email me privately if I can help talk things through - I've been there and I understand the feelings all to well.

Richard.

I think an apology would be nice Barrie after all he did try to help you and I think they were kindly words

Edited by michele 2007-03-08 1:03 AM
userstarspirit
Posted: 8 March 2007 12:05 PM

I've no doubt that he'll want to get in his last little dig so we'll let him and all carry on enjoying this forum and I hope, accepting that people are entitled to firmly held beliefs, no matter how unpalatable they may be to one or two of the more narrow-minded.
END QUOTE

No thanks Frank I have nothing more to say as I think that you have said it all one way and another.

Edited by starspirit 2007-03-08 12:06 PM
userMel B
Posted: 8 March 2007 8:45 PM

The special one

Frank Wilkinson - 2007-03-07 9:22 PM

Well, I think that those who need counselling for trivial reasons are weak and self indulgent but of course if I have an opinion in which in believe strongly then I'm belligerent and self-opinionated!

Frank, it's not the fact that you have an opinion, it's the way you express it that is the problem, whether you realise it or not your posts can be offensive and sometimes come across as someone who really doesn't give a toss about other people's feelings and likes to make 'put down' comments like the one above. That is the problem in a nutshell. From the number of people who have commented previous in a similar vein I don't believe I'm the only one who thinks like this.

Sorry to Captain for going off thread.
userFrank Wilkinson
Posted: 8 March 2007 10:32 PM

Mel B - 2007-03-08 8:45 PM
Frank Wilkinson - 2007-03-07 9:22 PM

Well, I think that those who need counselling for trivial reasons are weak and self indulgent but of course if I have an opinion in which in believe strongly then I'm belligerent and self-opinionated!

Frank, it's not the fact that you have an opinion, it's the way you express it that is the problem, whether you realise it or not your posts can be offensive and sometimes come across as someone who really doesn't give a toss about other people's feelings and likes to make 'put down' comments like the one above. That is the problem in a nutshell. From the number of people who have commented previous in a similar vein I don't believe I'm the only one who thinks like this. Sorry to Captain for going off thread.

Once again I'm sorry that you've chosen to stir up a thread that had died naturally. I make no apology for my manner. If you don't like it then don't get involved and if it really bothers you then go and get some counselling. I really couldn't give a toss. Your main input these days into my discussions is to have a whinge and to prolong spats that are over and frankly, I'm getting a little fed up with it.

userOAL Moderator
Posted: 9 March 2007 9:08 AM

Only Human

...and once again a perfectly sensible discussion has degenerated into snide remarks and underhanded digs, and I'm sure by now that the original poster has walked away from this forum forever, taking quite the wrong impression away with him. As such, I'm locking the thread.

I have warned you two enough. Do this even once more and you will be banned.
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 Last
Frozen
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator