Cab Heater

michele

Mine has stopped well it is blowing out just a little bit of luke warm air.

I,m going away with the girls on Saturday only off to Le Touquet for 4 days . The thing is I dont want to freeze us all out on the way there. Has anyone any suggestions as to what HUBBY can do for me ?

It was first noticed on the way to Chamonix in Dec . It's been on the drive ever since and we never used it in Jan due to being in hospital with the little one I,m affraid most of Jan was used up on her by both of us . Has anyone any quick solutions that might help him ? ideas?

It' s due it's first service but I know it won't be done before next week.

Help please otherwise there will be 6 cold women... (^)

To get back to the matter in hand Hi Michelle oooooohhhhhh you are awful.

How's your'e temp guage it should be somewhere near the middle.

Blowing lukewarm air to me suggests you may have a thermostat stuck open.

If your temp guage when warmed up (thevan) say after about 20 mins driving is near the cold end of the scale then I think that will be your problem.

Half an hour job usually to change it depending on where in the engine bay it is located.

Have a nice not too cold time.

Pete

PeteS. Oh you are awful but I like you.

Cheers Pete no temp guage is in the middle suggesting that all is well with the temp . How would I know what to look at to see if its a thermostat stuck . If the matrix was cold then there would be no hot air ?

unlike myself )....Correct. ;-)

Guest starspirit
Not being racist or anything but I prefer the lighter colour ones to the dark ones, although I've never tried the quite unusual yellow ones either.

Michelle have you tried bleeding it, there is usually a small valve on the bulkhead that you loosen slightly, do not take it all the way out or you will get scalded, it should be bled with the engine running and up to normal working temperature. Leave it loosened for several seconds and you may see small bubbles or hear some air coming out. If there is air in the system that should fix it.

Phil.

My guess: it's one of two things.  The heater matrix is air locked or the control knob on the dash isn't connected to the hot water supply valve on the pipework.

Either should be fairly quick to fix and either should be covered under warranty.  How far's your nearest Fiat dealer?  Phone them first thing Monday, tell them it failed Saturday and you're going away with two disabled children at the end of the week and help! can they please have a quick look at it immediately if you take the van in to them? 

As you've already booked it for service, they should be prepared to at least look, and should at least try bleeding it while you are there, since it will be warmed up and ready when you arrive.  Once they start, they'll probably carry on until either they are defeated, or succeed.

Brian,

Thanks once again for your imput . I will do that they are only around the corner in Herfordshire. I don't know when my husband can do it as he is at work and in this game there never seems to be enough hours in the day. So thinking about it I think I will take your advice and go to the Garage... Thank you everyone for answering my thread......

Cheers...

;-)

Archived