Carver Cascade 2 Water Heater HELP NEEDED

David X

Hi All,

My first message so hope it goes well.

I have an old Carver Cascade 2 Water Heater and now only use the mains electric to run. It is a 1998 install on our treasured Lunar Ariva 2. Having removed all the gas parts for complete safety I have one problem to resolve.

The old inlet non return was not working and as they are available new I am changing it completely. The question is about preparing for the fitting of the new part.

Does anyone know the thread size in the aluminium so I can possibly source the use of a tool to re-thread the corrosion and make fitting far easier.

I have cleaned the threads with a small diameter wire brush so it is not to bad but I would like try the idea if you can advise.

Cheers for any help.

David

Thanks for the reply but I simply do not wish to go down any gas installation route. For what times we use the caravan electric will be fine.

We have removed the old gas heater and replaced with a suitable electric unit and included an aluminium surround so leaving only the hob which may be next on the removal list. Brexit may mean we need to extend the time it takes to make that decision.

Cheers.

Archived