Compass Drifter

Vic

I have recently bought my first motorhome. A 'V' reg Compass Drifter 410. It came complete with extras such as a Fiamma Zip 4 metre full awning, cycle rack, alarm, gas bottles, hook-up cable, aqua roll, wheel clamp etc blah-de-blah. I certainly found it extremely comfortable. Everything works, heater, cooker, shower and so on. What mystifies me is having looked through many magazines including MMM, I have never seen one for sale so I have nothing to compare prices with. So, can someone tell me the reason. Is it because it's such a good motorhome nobody wants to sell, or is it so bad nobody wants to buy? I haven't had any problems so far but I've only used it twice in three weeks. Once for a weekend and the second time for a full week, and enjoyed every moment. I might be turning into an anorak.

Hi Vic.

Welcome to the madhouse.

Have'nt got a clue about the Compass Drifter so, pull up your hood, join the gang and enjoy the ride.

You've not said what base vehicle is. that helps as well.

Hang in here, someone will know all the answers.

Hi Vic. Two 410s in this months mmm with a R reg priced at £16.750. This was a private sale so I imagine a dealers van would cost quite a bit more.

You seem to have all the extras included, and the fact that you are totally happy with it means you,ve got yourself a bargain regardless of the price you paid.

Thanks to all about the comments on the Compass Drifter. Like anything else, after buying something you begin to wonder about the quality. I did buy my van from a dealer so I would expect that I paid a bit over the odds. However, the dealer was only half a mile from my home so no travelling was involved. This probably saved me a lot of time seaching the web or mags........driving maybe long distances to find the right van. Plus, and maybe this is a big plus, there have been a few minor niggles but with the dealer on my doorstep they have been ironed out with ease. Added to this, the van came with a brand new MOT and habitation check together with a 12 month warranty. What did sell the van for me was the fact that my wife and I started looking for a motorhome last August. We saw this Compass for sale and really liked it but felt that it was a bit too early to buy. Going back to the same dealer in February this year, the van was still there and a £1,000 cheaper. So, maybe it was just waiting for us to come back.

Archived