Coronavirus

StuartO

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jumpstart - 2020-02-29 7:51 AM

The war on truth, how Trump helps the virus to spread in the good ol USA .

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/28/coronavirus-donald-trump-truth-president

How very strange ... Seems like only a couple of weeks ago you were telling us to "stop flapping" over Coronavirus ??? ... You told us all how flu kills so many more than Coronavirus ??? ... Now all of a sudden your in a flap ... More hate me thinks

Birdbrain - 2020-02-29 9:51 AM

jumpstart - 2020-02-29 7:51 AM

The war on truth, how Trump helps the virus to spread in the good ol USA .

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/28/coronavirus-donald-trump-truth-president

How very strange ... Seems like only a couple of weeks ago you were telling us to "stop flapping" over Coronavirus ??? ... You told us all how flu kills so many more than Coronavirus ??? ... Now all of a sudden your in a flap ... More hate me thinks

Not me..this is America....don’t panic. Anyway doesn’t affect scarecrows.

You can see the details of how Trump manipulates. Couldn’t even admit the truth with a health expert next to him.

John52 - 2020-03-01 5:28 PM

Death rate is impossible to calculate.

Probably many mild cases not reported causing over estimation

People who have survived so far may die from it in the future causing under estimation

We may get a vaccine

etc

They say the mortality rate is 2%, Flu is 0.1% I think but as you say many more could have it and not even know they have had it. Most of us have probably had a "Corona Virus" at some point, I think a large

number of colds are Corona Viruses.

Some interesting stuff here https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/why-its-too-early-to-compare-covid-19-with-the-flu

Whats also worrying is the economic impact. If they start shutting down travel, entire cities and places like china grind to a halt. Apparently thats why petrol went down this week. Less demand for oil in china.

Britain particularly vulnerable because of its gig economy.

Over a million workers who don't get sick pay,so might have to carry on working.

And most are in close contact with others.

But world population growth is unsustainable.

We are already seeing results in housing crisis, mass starvation, deforestation, global warming etc.

The old and weak have to die to make way for the next generation.

Its the natural cycle

Is Coronavirus Gods way of solving the problem thats too difficult for populist politicians to deal with?

John52 - 2020-03-03 8:55 AM

Over a million workers who don't get sick pay,so might have to carry on working.

And most are in close contact with others.

But world population growth is unsustainable.

We are already seeing results in housing crisis, mass starvation, deforestation, global warming etc.

The old and weak have to die to make way for the next generation.

Its the natural cycle

Is Coronavirus Gods way of solving the problem thats too difficult for populist politicians to deal with?

Which God exactly ??? ... One imagines those affected have many religious backgrounds ... Did all the Gods get together or sumat ??? ... Lordy My

Barryd999 - 2020-03-01 6:39 PM

People who have survived so far may die from it in the future causing under estimation

We may get a vaccine

etc

They say the mortality rate is 2%, Flu is 0.1% I think but as you say many more could have it and not even know they have had it. Most of us have probably had a "Corona Virus" at some point, I think a large

Some interesting stuff here https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/why-its-too-early-to-compare-covid-19-with-the-flu

Whats also worrying is the economic impact. If they start shutting down travel, entire cities and places like china grind to a halt. Apparently thats why petrol went down this week. Less demand for oil in china.

That’s the end of global warming then.

jumpstart - 2020-03-03 10:42 AM

We may get a vaccine

etc

Well it could well be. John might be right. If millions die and If the entire world gets grounded and the giant industrial sausage machine grinds to a halt we will all be cast back to the stone age. The planet will self heal. I intend to go out this afternoon and stock up on essentials like Scotch, Cheese and crisps as well as a massive generator and a huge tanker of petrol. Well someone has to keep Rock music alive.

Over a million workers who don't get sick pay, so might have to carry on working. And most are in close contact with others.

That's an important fact folk need to bear in mind.

Still no sign of those "40 brand new hospitals" Johnson promised though. :-|

Bulletguy - 2020-03-03 11:55 AM

Over a million workers who don't get sick pay, so might have to carry on working. And most are in close contact with others.

No,but the staff are on their way...from the Med.

jumpstart - 2020-03-03 12:34 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-03-03 11:55 AM

No,but the staff are on their way...from the Med.

Thats good news as the NHS badly needs staff but also more funding and new hospitals built.

UNISON health officer Guy Collis said: “A decade of Tory underfunding has left our NHS struggling to cope and this is having a damaging impact on its devoted workforce.

“Ongoing understaffing means we are more dependent than ever on the goodwill of health workers.”

https://www.unison.org.uk/news/2019/12/nhs-staff-shortages-increase/

Barryd999 - 2020-03-03 11:19 AM

We may get a vaccine

etc

Well it could well be. John might be right. If millions die and If the entire world gets grounded and the giant industrial sausage machine grinds to a halt we will all be cast back to the stone age. The planet will self heal. I intend to go out this afternoon and stock up on essentials like Scotch, Cheese and crisps as well as a massive generator and a huge tanker of petrol. Well someone has to keep Rock music alive.

A good percentage of alcohol kills bacteria and viruses. So probably Scotch and some cheep vodka to clean hands and surfaces is a good idea.....a few chugs also won’t hurt ...cheers.

jumpstart - 2020-03-03 1:09 PM

We may get a vaccine

etc

A good percentage of alcohol kills bacteria and viruses. So probably Scotch and some cheep vodka to clean hands and surfaces is a good idea.....a few chugs also won’t hurt ...cheers.

Well put it this way, I hardly ever get colds which is basically often a corona virus and never had the flu. Everyone just stick to a diet of cheese and Scotch and you will be fine.

On a serious note if one fifth of the work force get sick as suggested might happen that's 6 million people. If twenty percent need hospital care that's still well over a million. How will an NHS that already has people lying around in lobbies cope?

Barryd999 - 2020-03-03 1:34 PM

jumpstart - 2020-03-03 1:09 PM

We may get a vaccine

etc

Well put it this way, I hardly ever get colds which is basically often a corona virus and never had the flu. Everyone just stick to a diet of cheese and Scotch and you will be fine.

On a serious note if one fifth of the work force get sick as suggested might happen that's 6 million people. If twenty percent need hospital care that's still well over a million. How will an NHS that already has people lying around in lobbies cope?

The NHS will cope the same as all other countries health services I presume ... Very disrespectful and hateful to play politics with the virus , youve obviously got that from your organ grinder boyfriend who has done the same with this issue and shockingly Grenfell ... Hate on Barry

Archived