Day 253 and the boots changing to the other foot..........

Guest pelmetman

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-07-19 8:50 PM

Will we get our pounds, shillings and pence back ?

:-|

Hopefully groats :D ........

antony1969 - 2018-07-19 8:05 PM

Yes please ... No deal ... Lets not wait 253 days for it though ... C'mon

So, why don't you let us all know what leaving the EU with no deal means.

How will the people of Britain be affected, both immediately and in the long term?

Because it looks pretty bleak to me, hopefully I'm missing something.

candapack - 2018-07-19 10:58 PM

How will the people of Britain be affected, both immediately and in the long term?

I'd tell you but I think you might run off calling me a racist ... Again

antony1969 - 2018-07-20 6:10 AM

I did not call you a racist.

You used disgusting terminolology to describe immigrants. The moderators apparently agreed . Nobody has jumped to your defence.

I'm guessing you got a slap on the wrist, personally I think you should have been banned for a while.

Now, do you want to tell us what you think leaving the EU with no deal means.

candapack - 2018-07-20 8:23 AM

You used disgusting terminolology to describe immigrants. The moderators apparently agreed . Nobody has jumped to your defence.

I'm guessing you got a slap on the wrist, personally I think you should have been banned for a while.

If you feel that way contact the moderators ... Again ... I've never had much time for the run off and tell teacher types ... As for wanting or needing anyone to defend me on here you are joking surely ... I'm glad no one has cos when the Chatterbox wets start defending me I know I'll be doing something wrong

I can tell you if you like as the Governments own department for leaving the EU spelled it out quite clearly and it is indeed bleak.

Have a look at the costs and huge job losses if its a No deal exit. Of course these figures are just estimates and could be way off the mark. They could be not as bad but of course they could be much worse!

Of course the EU will suffer as well. Everybody will suffer. There are no winners here, everybody loses (well except the super rich Brexiteers who engineered it of course).

357573133_screenshot_791(Custom).jpg.740487e137d40b052f76841a4198787b.jpg

<<< Now, do you want to tell us what you think leaving the EU with no deal means.>>>

Hi,

Let's be silly, and pretend that an exact replica of the UK suddenly materialised a couple of hundred miles to the South West of where we are now. Everything identical, apart from it not being a member of the EU.

How long would it be before France and Germany sent a delegation to discuss trading terms? No hurry, the EU have to get 27 nations to agee, so we will be able to row across and act unilaterally.

Does the EU want us to stay? If so, why haven't they offered us an incentive?

Since the tsumami, Japan had zero growth. Apparently, they are very happy.

Barryd999 - 2018-07-20 9:40 AM

I can tell you if you like as the Governments own department for leaving the EU spelled it out quite clearly and it is indeed bleak.

Have a look at the costs and huge job losses if its a No deal exit. Of course these figures are just estimates and could be way off the mark. They could be not as bad but of course they could be much worse!

Of course the EU will suffer as well. Everybody will suffer. There are no winners here, everybody loses (well except the super rich Brexiteers who engineered it of course).

Thanks. I've seen that one, I was hoping that Anthony knew something that the DexEu doesn't.

Maybe if someone who's not me were to ask him?

candapack - 2018-07-20 10:55 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-07-20 9:40 AM

Thanks. I've seen that one, I was hoping that Anthony knew something that the DexEu doesn't.

Maybe if someone who's not me were to ask him?

Ok. Antony. Please can you tell us what you know that the rest of us and the DexEU dont know as you seem to be very excited about the looming Mad Max Dystopian UK that is rushing towards us.

Meanwhile while we are waiting for this exciting revelation here is the Indy's version of Dave Pelmets good news (to him) story.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-no-deal-uk-economy-suffer-more-eu-imf-warning-a8454916.html?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1532012179

Over twelve hours since you first asked and with no logical reply forthcoming you can conclude he doesn't know!

Bulletguy - 2018-07-20 11:53 AM

Over twelve hours since you first asked and with no logical reply forthcoming you can conclude he doesn't know!

I'm guessing you've just seen my name and the red mist as normal comes down ... Calm down read my posts and if you want to ask me the same question do so in a civilised manner

antony1969 - 2018-07-20 12:23 PM

I'm guessing you've just seen my name and the red mist as normal comes down ... Calm down read my posts and if you want to ask me the same question do so in a civilised manner

I've read them and they give no indication as to what you think leaving with no deal means. Why are you unable to give the poster a logical answer who asked you the question in a civilised manner?

Guest pelmetman

It means saving 39 billion for a start >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-07-20 12:50 PM

No it doesn't. We are bound by law to pay up once the withdrawal agreement has been signed.

http://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-uk-required-to-pay-39-billion-divorce-bill-even-without-deal-2018-4

http://www.businessinsider.com/eu-issues-stark-warning-over-the-consequences-of-a-no-deal-brexit-2018-7

Bulletguy - 2018-07-20 12:48 PM

antony1969 - 2018-07-20 12:23 PM

I've read them and they give no indication as to what you think leaving with no deal means. Why are you unable to give the poster a logical answer who asked you the question in a civilised manner?

I never said my posts did give a reply to the question he/she posed did I ??? I did say I had no time for run off and tell teacher types ... Keep up

Bulletguy - 2018-07-20 1:55 PM

No it doesn't. We are bound by law to pay up once the withdrawal agreement has been signed.

http://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-uk-required-to-pay-39-billion-divorce-bill-even-without-deal-2018-4

http://www.businessinsider.com/eu-issues-stark-warning-over-the-consequences-of-a-no-deal-brexit-2018-7

Even if that were not true and we didnt have to pay the £39bn. Have a look at that graphic above I posted. We are facing a £158bn loss with a no deal. Thats an estimate of course, could be more! Dave will still think we are saving that £39bn though same as he thinks there will be a Brexit dividend :-(

All of a sudden my onion on a no deal Brexit seems to matter to the wets ... Personally I have always felt a no deal scenario the most likely and the events of the last couple of weeks make that for me even more likely ... TM has delivered the Chequers Agreement to Euroworld the agreement which has left her party in turmoil and her hanging on just , seems Euro types aren't happy with it with Barnier questioning many points in it ... If Euro world doesnt like it and her own party wont budge on the issues Euro world is concerned with then surely with the days fritting away a no deal walkout can be the only way but besides all that Ive also said for a long time the EU is finished and I dont see anything happening to alter that especially with nationalism sweeping Europe ... We have Germany with the Afd 2nd in the polls , Liberal Sweden with nationalists 1st in the polls , Italy with a populist anti-EU coalition romping it in Government , Austria , Hungary etc even in Blighty in our last elections 80% of those that voted did so voting for parties who backed Brexit ... Why would I want to be part of and tied to a dying EU after we have left next year ???

A no deal walkout means no divorce bill , Overnight free trade , Any benefits from leaving the customs union and single market would begin in 2019 and not after a transition period , free trade agreement negotiations would start immediately and our ties to a dying club ended in 2019 ... You wets dont believe the EU is dying as is your right but my opinion differs as is my right , its a club run by a woman who's made the worst open invite in the worlds history thats changing Europe by the day for the worse and an old drunk getting sloshed on EU paid for wine ... So long EU

Guest pelmetman

No deal means No bill *-) ..........If there's no deal it means we haven't signed anything ;-) .........

Leaving without any deal would mean an immediate Brexit, without the 21-month transition period agreed upon with Brussels.

The House of Lords reported this will also mean forfeiting the £39 billion bill the UK will have to pay the EU.

Even the old duffers in the House Of Lords are able to grasp that >:-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-07-20 2:43 PM

Even if that were not true and we didnt have to pay the £39bn. Have a look at that graphic above I posted. We are facing a £158bn loss with a no deal. Thats an estimate of course, could be more! Dave will still think we are saving that £39bn though same as he thinks there will be a Brexit dividend :-(

Oh dear still reading that Remoaner propaganda Barry *-) .........

It'll give you nightmares you know (lol) .......

I see Bully Boy Barnier has kicked May's Chequers agreement into touch...........Looking more and more like a well hard Brexit everyday B-) ...........

Remoaner propaganda? That's the governments own analysis and every other in depth report by several different bodies including one from the USA pretty much says the same.

I have one question for you regarding no deal. How does a no deal scenario deal with the Northern Ireland problem where it is now written into law that nothing can change? What's your solution to that one?

It won't happen anyway. She will be going back to the people at some point and at the least suspending or revoking article 50.

Barryd999 - 2018-07-20 4:40 PM

Remoaner propaganda? That's the governments own analysis and every other in depth report by several different bodies including one from the USA pretty much says the same.

I have one question for you regarding no deal. How does a no deal scenario deal with the Northern Ireland problem where it is now written into law that nothing can change? What's your solution to that one?

It won't happen anyway. She will be going back to the people at some point and at the least suspending or revoking article 50.

The UK doesnt have to enforce the border do they ??? ... "going back to the people" ... Chuckle ... Its looking like your worst no deal nightmare

pelmetman - 2018-07-20 2:51 PM.......................No deal means No bill *-) ..........If there's no deal it means we haven't signed anything ;-) .........

Well, here's a few things we've signed. These are the main treaties we have entered into in joining, and belonging to, the EU: Treaty of Lisbon, Treaty of Nice, Treaty of Amsterdam, Treaty on European Union - Maastricht Treaty, Single European Act, Merger Treaty - Brussels Treaty, Treaties of Rome : EEC and EURATOM treaties, Treaty establishing the European Coal and Steel Community. Within each of those treaties we have obligations. If we break those obligations, we have to pay the amounts outstanding from our obligations. You seem to think we can walk out in the same way you can buy a car on HP, and then decide you don't want the car any more, so just stop paying the HP company. Try it some time, and see what happens next! :-D

Archived