Dead Flys

michele

Warm soapy water and plenty of elbow grease Michele. Windscreen/wash always leaves a smeared screen so I always carry a small bucket and long handled brush I use for washing the van. The brush comes in three sections for easy storage and a drop of washing up liquid in warm water soon shifts those dead bugs. Supprising how dirty the wind screen becomes even after a short journey, especially after hitting a swarm, so well worth the time and effort.

A really good quality windscreen wash with a cloth after after leaving it to "soak" for a few min's is what I suggest as Fairy Liguid and other detergents will take the shine off your paint work.

But I always take heart in that when I am cleaning the bodies of my windscreen I am deeply satisfied that I know exactly what went through the flys mind at the moment of impact.

Its a*seh*le

OK - so I know it is an old one - but it still makes me laugh on a wet monday morning!

(lol)

I always use "Muc-Off". It's available at Halfords, Towsure etc. You just spray it on, leave it for a couple of minutes then agitate with a brush and rinse off. It's also good for black lines that appear below windows etc.

John.

Typical me I should of said they are on the paint work and I cannot for the life of me shift the little criters without it seems resorting to my nails thus taking the paint off ... Ok had a good downpour here anyway and its still bloody hard.. :-(

Hi, Michele

Just wipe the fly's away with the babywipes, doesn't take any effort and they are cheap, just rub the babywipe on the squashed fly and hey presto?? its gone ?

hope that helps

Let us know how you get on

Brian

michele - 2007-06-25 3:24 PM

Ok tell me more I always have them in stock!

Hi Eno

Don't you get some funny looks though when you use baby wipes on your camper, I know some people think they are members of their 'family' or 'babies' but that's taking it a bit far!

Michele whatever you use try it on a less obvious piece of the bodywork first just to make sure it doesn't mark it in any way.

michele - 2007-06-25 9:01 PM Ok Off to buy Mucoff and try it as we have horrible black lines thanks John. Endo , babywipes brilliant ! fantastic ! Anyone tried lemon juice ??????

M,

Autoglym is a better product than MucOff, they do Active Insect Remover -

http://www.autoglym.co.uk/enGB/product-proddetail.asp?v06VQ=H&Range=1

They also do Motorhome Blackstreak Remover which works really well.

Archived