Decisive polls show Remain EU

Bulletguy

Health warning for Brexiters......opening link may cause severe stress, manic depression, palpitations, or heart failure.

These are the latest YouGov polls surveyed over 14th/15th November showing a huge shift to Remain EU but also includes polling on many other serious matters from broken promises, standard of living, NHS, to the comically absurd "taking back control".

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/wywx6pr4gx/PVResults_181115_Snap_w.pdf

Guest pelmetman

Huge swing???? :-S ..........

From your link.......

If there were a referendum today on whether or not the UK

should remain a member of the EU, how would you vote?

Remain a member of the EU........ 46

Leave the EU................................ 40

I guess you Remoaners have convinced yourself the "Dont Knows" are on your side ;-) .........

I think they should have waited a few days before running that as I suspect its going to take a while for people to work out just how terrible a deal it is and what the options really mean. However it does show as do all the other recent polls do decisive support for remaining in the EU and even more support for a second vote. What is mind blowing is the massive swing in support for remaining in the EU in the north. Huge. Perhaps the penny has dropped that they are going to be hit the hardest.

It is also undeniable that the public think the deal is crap and would massively support a second referendum if its voted down where the survey then shows the public would vote to remain by an even bigger margin.

Whatever your views are on Brexit three things are clear. It is not the will of the people, the people do not like the deal and the people want a second referendum.

malc d - 2018-11-16 9:49 AM

Every time I hear people demanding another referendum - because they think the remainers will win it - I am reminded of what David Cameron thought two years ago.

What is the plan if the Brexiteers win again - by a close margin ?

:-|

Game over. We will have to leave, either on the deal if thats still possible or no deal. Nobody will be able to say the public didnt know what they were voting for again as we will know. Thats the whole point of having another vote now that we do know whats on the table. Its completely clear that there is now an appetite for it but the Tories are (at the moment) putting party before country yet again.

Ive seen this discussed a lot lately and all the remainers say the same. If Leave win again then there can be no argument to vote again. If we leave and it all goes pear shaped I dare say there will be a campaign to rejoin but thats an entirely different ball game for the future.

All any of us want is the chance for the public to rubber stamp what they set in motion two and a half years ago with the option to express a change of heart if they have had one. What could be more democratic than that?

Barryd999 - 2018-11-16 11:20 AM

Every time I hear people demanding another referendum - because they think the remainers will win it - I am reminded of what David Cameron thought two years ago.

Game over. We will have to leave, either on the deal if thats still possible or no deal. Nobody will be able to say the public didnt know what they were voting for again as we will know. Thats the whole point of having another vote now that we do know whats on the table. Its completely clear that there is now an appetite for it but the Tories are (at the moment) putting party before country yet again.

Ive seen this discussed a lot lately and all the remainers say the same. If Leave win again then there can be no argument to vote again. If we leave and it all goes pear shaped I dare say there will be a campaign to rejoin but thats an entirely different ball game for the future.

All any of us want is the chance for the public to rubber stamp what they set in motion two and a half years ago with the option to express a change of heart if they have had one. What could be more democratic than that?

"What could be more democratic than that? ... Respecting the first one maybe

antony1969 - 2018-11-16 12:07 PM

I think people would have respected the first one if the point we had arrived at was remotely anything like what we voted for. Please dont try and tell me your happy with what is being proposed.

Look at it another way, a second referendum now could well end up delivering what you and the rest of the full fat "no dealers" want. One things for sure there is no certainty that it wouldnt all blow up in the remainers faces and we leave with nothing. I dunno about you but Im prepared to take that gamble rather than accept this load of horse sh1t. Come on Antony. Lets go twist or bust. You Brexiteers have been telling us for over two years we are scaredy cats that wont take risks. Well lets take one. Support the Peoples vote!

Barryd999 - 2018-11-16 12:19 PM

I think people would have respected the first one if the point we had arrived at was remotely anything like what we voted for. Please dont try and tell me your happy with what is being proposed.

Look at it another way, a second referendum now could well end up delivering what you and the rest of the full fat "no dealers" want. One things for sure there is no certainty that it wouldnt all blow up in the remainers faces and we leave with nothing. I dunno about you but Im prepared to take that gamble rather than accept this load of horse sh1t. Come on Antony. Lets go twist or bust. You Brexiteers have been telling us for over two years we are scaredy cats that wont take risks. Well lets take one. Support the Peoples vote!

Nothing to support Barry ... We had your "Peoples Vote" two years ago ... I don't support the deal and still believe as I always have that we will leave with a no deal ... As far as her deal goes I believe her that it's the best anyone could get , Europe is already saying there is no movement on it and it will obviously be voted down anyway ... Two years wasted

antony1969 - 2018-11-16 12:34 PM

Nothing to support Barry ... We had your "Peoples Vote" two years ago ... I don't support the deal and still believe as I always have that we will leave with a no deal ... As far as her deal goes I believe her that it's the best anyone could get , Europe is already saying there is no movement on it and it will obviously be voted down anyway ... Two years wasted

I agree (Bit in bold). I actually feel a bit sorry for TM. She must be shattered and none of them could do any better. In the Sky poll she has polled higher than Jezza, Smuggy, Doris and Raab C Brexit (although he's in room 101 now anyway) as to who the country would prefer to handle Brexit.

Who would you prefer to lead the country through Brexit?

Theresa May - 31%

Jeremy Corbyn - 25%

Jacob Rees-Mogg - 18%

Boris Johnson - 17%

Dominic Raab - 10%

https://news.sky.com/story/majority-of-brits-now-against-brexit-and-back-second-eu-referendum-sky-data-poll-11555078

Yes it will probably get voted down but where we go from there I honestly have no idea.

Barryd999 - 2018-11-16 1:28 PM

antony1969 - 2018-11-16 12:34 PM

I agree (Bit in bold). I actually feel a bit sorry for TM. She must be shattered and none of them could do any better. In the Sky poll she has polled higher than Jezza, Smuggy, Doris and Raab C Brexit (although he's in room 101 now anyway) as to who the country would prefer to handle Brexit.

Who would you prefer to lead the country through Brexit?

Theresa May - 31%

Jeremy Corbyn - 25%

Jacob Rees-Mogg - 18%

Boris Johnson - 17%

Dominic Raab - 10%

https://news.sky.com/story/majority-of-brits-now-against-brexit-and-back-second-eu-referendum-sky-data-poll-11555078

Yes it will probably get voted down but where we go from there I honestly have no idea.

I think she'll survive and take us through a no deal ... That wouldn't upset me too much

malc d - 2018-11-16 1:51 PM

The result of the vote in the referendum was ( more or less ) half in - half out.

The ' deal " that they have arrived at leaves us ( more or less ) half in - half out.

So everyone wins.

;-)

More like nobody wins - except the EU?

The result of the vote in the referendum was ( more or less ) half in - half out.

The ' deal " that they have arrived at leaves us ( more or less ) half in - half out.

So everyone wins. ;-)

I'm not sure Brexiters would agree with you on that Malc.....after all they haven't "taken back control", the EU has, but this time we don't get to have a say in any decisions and must pay for the privilege. Leave thought they could demand whatever they wanted and the EU would hand it to us on a plate, but it doesn't 'work' like that and only the naive BeLeaved.

There are 27 other member states besides us.

So everyone wins.

;-)

Except nobody in reality does. We end up leaving in name only with no seat at the table but also losing the vital single Market and over 40 agencies. Freedom of movement might end but only to have to relax the laws on immigration from outside of the EU which is already happening.

Can someone tell me what the good bits are who voted for Brexit please?

Barryd999 - 2018-11-16 2:55 PM

That's an easy one Barry - there are no good bits - just capitulation to an EU intent on giving nothing away, and who can blame them for that?

No surprise there then - only that it took over two years to realise it.

Tracker - 2018-11-16 3:10 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-11-16 2:55 PM

That's an easy one Barry - there are no good bits - just capitulation to an EU intent on giving nothing away, and who can blame them for that?

No surprise there then - only that it took over two years to realise it.

So if you knew it was going to be rubbish and it the outcome comes as no surprise why did you vote leave? We all knew it would end like this and whilst the EU is not perfect it seems a bit of a pointless excercise to make ourselves poorer, less safe and at each other's throats for absolutely no benefit at all.

Those who voted to leave the EU were in the main led to believe that the EU would be outward looking enough to want to continue most of the trade and economic deals with both the EU and more importanly it's member states that benefit both sides of the water.

One would have to have been cynical in the extreme to forsee the EU as being inward looking and protectionist towards itself but with the benefit of hindsight maybe not so surprised after all?

We are where we are now and in view of what has transpired do we really want to be part of such an organisation - probably not on balance?

Leave means leave = no deal is better than a bad deal.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-11-16 9:01 AM

What is mind blowing is the massive swing in support for remaining in the EU in the north. Huge. Perhaps the penny has dropped that they are going to be hit the hardest.

You should try looking at the map where those who signed anti second vote petition vote came from >:-) ......

That petition that was invisible on mainstream Remoaner media ;-) ........

Guest pelmetman

So everyone wins.

;-)

Exactly :D ..........

We Brexiteers leave and Remoaners get to pay B-) .........

For their hubris >:-) ........

antony1969 - 2018-11-16 12:07 PM...…………….."What could be more democratic than that? ... Respecting the first one maybe

Only if your definition of democracy is that everyone has to do what you want. :-D Can't just remember the word for that type of politics, but I'm sure it will come to me. :-D

Tracker - 2018-11-16 2:04 PM

So everyone wins. ;-)

Surely that depends on whether you're a glass half full, or half empty, person! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2018-11-16 5:44 PM

Tracker - 2018-11-16 2:04 PM

So everyone wins. ;-)

Surely that depends on whether you're a glass half full, or half empty, person! :-D

Which depends on whether your glass is full because it tastes horrid or empty because it tastes good?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-11-16 5:40 PM

antony1969 - 2018-11-16 12:07 PM...…………….."What could be more democratic than that? ... Respecting the first one maybe

Only if your definition of democracy is that everyone has to do what you want. :-D Can't just remember the word for that type of politics, but I'm sure it will come to me. :-D

It's called "Hypocrisy".......Because........In the olden days we had the decency to wait 40 years *-) .......

To change our minds .......BASED ON EXPERIENCE >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-11-16 5:56 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-11-16 5:40 PM

It's called "Hypocrisy".......Because........In the olden days we had the decency to wait 40 years *-) .......

To change our minds .......BASED ON EXPERIENCE >:-) ...........

Isn't that what people are doing? They're changing their minds based on their experience of the process so far, and deciding they don't have confidence in it. If Brexiters had wanted to convince their doubters they were competent and had the best answer, they went about it in such a strange way it hasn't taken 40 years to spot the flaws. Maybe education is better now than it was, maybe it is the speed of the internet, who knows? :-D

If you go to buy a nice, shiny, new car and put down a deposit, but then read numerous reports that the car is actually a lemon, what do you do? Go back to the garage and demand your deposit back as the car is not as advertised, or buy it anyway, knowing it is no good? And, if you do the logical thing, would you expect anyone other than the car salesman to call you a hypocrite for doing so? And if he did, wouldn't you just say "well, he would say that, wouldn't he?" :-D

Archived