Dontcha just a Independent Poll........

Guest pelmetman

Not really as there seemed to be no winners or losers in the local council elections which of course were just in England and are often totally unpredictable. A question on whether or not we should have another referendum or as we like to call it (lol) a vote on the final deal on Brexit is a bit more straight forward. Do you or dont you? it seems there is now a 16 point lead in the UK of people in favour of a vote on the final deal. If its not true and support is not in favour of having one then you have nothing to worry about then have you?

Of course with ever further gridlock, confusion and general fcukwittery within the Tory and Labour Party on where we are going with Brexit and now today the news that the Lords will have us stay in the Single Market then I would say its likely that it will end up being given back to the public. None of them seem to be true statesmen. All they are thinking about is what is best for them. One thing you will be pleased to hear not that I was ever a fan is that I Think Corbyn is a complete knob the way he is behaving over Brexit. I suspect he is more Pro Brexit than half the current cabinet. Get off the fence you Twaaat!

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-05-09 11:50 AM

Not really as there seemed to be no winners or losers in the local council elections which of course were just in England and are often totally unpredictable. A question on whether or not we should have another referendum or as we like to call it (lol) a vote on the final deal on Brexit is a bit more straight forward. Do you or dont you? it seems there is now a 16 point lead in the UK of people in favour of a vote on the final deal. If its not true and support is not in favour of having one then you have nothing to worry about then have you?

No need we've already voted to leave ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-05-09 12:57 PM

But the people (a small majority at the time) voted for a departure Dave not a destination so they need to choose the Destination as at the moment its totally unclear what that destination is. You might want to trust the likes of David Davis and the Brexit Waffle Committee to deliver what you ordered but i am not so sure the majority of the public now do, in fact I know they dont.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-05-09 2:54 PM

But the people (a small majority at the time) voted for a departure Dave not a destination so they need to choose the Destination as at the moment its totally unclear what that destination is. You might want to trust the likes of David Davis and the Brexit Waffle Committee to deliver what you ordered but i am not so sure the majority of the public now do, in fact I know they dont.

17,410,742 is not a small majority :D ..........When did a political party last get that many votes huh? *-) .......

pelmetman - 2018-05-09 5:05 PM

17,410,742 is not a small majority :D ..........When did a political party last get that many votes huh? *-) .......

Err. It is when over 16 million voted the other way. Was maths not your strong point Dave at school?

*-)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-05-09 5:23 PM

Err. It is when over 16 million voted the other way. Was maths not your strong point Dave at school?

*-)

So 1,269,501 are a minority? *-) ...........That's 300,000 more than the SNP got at the last election ;-) .........

So does that mean we can ignore the fact that SNP want to Remain well they are just a minority?........

Just askin? >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-05-09 5:50 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-05-09 5:23 PM

*-)

So 1,269,501 are a minority? *-) ...........That's 300,000 more than the SNP got at the last election ;-) .........

So does that mean we can ignore the fact that SNP want to Remain well they are just a minority?........

Just askin? >:-) ..........

No, its a small majority like I said. Marginal. Put the Cava down FFS! *-)

However if you think thats a large majority then surely then the fact that at least that majority now favour remaining we should be staying then no?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-05-09 9:05 PM

However if you think thats a large majority then surely then the fact that at least that majority now favour remaining we should be staying then no?

What majority???? :-S ........Has there been another referendum whilst I wasn't looking??? 8-) .......

Oh I forgot it was an "Independent poll" that said it (lol) ........So it must be true :D ........

pelmetman - 2018-05-10 9:00 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-05-09 9:05 PM

What majority???? :-S ........Has there been another referendum whilst I wasn't looking??? 8-) .......

Oh I forgot it was an "Independent poll" that said it (lol) ........So it must be true :D ........

Not just one poll, several and a recent national survey of over 200000 people. How much more proof do you need? All the polls consistently showing a swing to remain, an even bigger gap showing a 16 point lead for a public vote on the final deal, the snap election showing no mandate for a hard brexit and that huge survey showing more Bregret and 20% of leave voters thinking we should stay in the Single Market.

Today we have northern Labour party MP's going against Corbyn (who seems as Brexit as Grimsby) and asking for a second referendum.

Its time the pollys started listening to the people. The tide is turning, slowly but its turning.

Oh Lordy ... Imagine being so sad you still.believed in polls and surveys even though time and again over the last few years they have been proved to be cobblers ... The latest being the locals where the Tories were guna get wiped out ... Boo-hoo

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-05-10 11:50 AM

Its time the pollys started listening to the people. The tide is turning, slowly but its turning.

Turning? .........hardly, well according to Yougov :D .........

"Does Britain still want to go ahead with Brexit?

While slightly more people now think Brexit was the wrong decision that’s not the same as people thinking it should be stopped. When asked what the government should do next, a majority of people still think they should continue with Brexit in some form. Over four in ten (43%) think they should continue on their current terms, 9% think they should proceed with a “softer” Brexit instead, 20% would like a fresh referendum and 13% would like the government to just stop Brexit completely."

Looks like you and Brian are in the unlucky 13% >:-) ........

So you better get your finger out ......Only 323 days to go ;-) .......

pelmetman - 2018-05-10 12:34 PM

While slightly more people now think Brexit was the wrong decision that’s not the same as people thinking it should be stopped. When asked what the government should do next, a majority of people still think they should continue with Brexit in some form. Over four in ten (43%) think they should continue on their current terms, 9% think they should proceed with a “softer” Brexit instead, 20% would like a fresh referendum and 13% would like the government to just stop Brexit completely."

No link Dave? I think we need to see the source and the questions posed.

The figures I was quoting were not from a poll but a huge national survey. Some of them tally in with what you say though which is that there is now a small majority in favour of remain which has been consistent. This does tie in with all the polls which Antony seems to want to dismiss.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/general-election/major-survey-finds-remain-would-win-second-brexit-referendum-1-4728629

There is though a majority now who want a vote on the final deal and a 56% majority nationally that want to stay in the Single Market including nearly 20% of leave voters and given that we now have to it seems stay in the Customs Union, given a final vote on the deal with a remain option why would anyone chose to leave if the options are leave in Name only or remain? Whats the point?

Brexit is finished I reckon. Its only the fruitloops in both parties that are dragging it on. There is clearly no appetite for a proper Brexit anymore apart from by a very small minority but its totally underliverable at least in the form it was advertised in back in 2016.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-05-10 5:23 PM

I said Yougov didn't I *-) .......

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/10/27/there-has-been-shift-against-brexit-public-still-t/

Looks like you Brian & Bullet are the small minority at 13%......So you have got your work cut out (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2018-05-10 12:34 PM

The figures I was quoting were not from a poll but a huge national survey. Some of them tally in with what you say though which is that there is now a small majority in favour of remain which has been consistent. This does tie in with all the polls which Antony seems to want to dismiss.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/general-election/major-survey-finds-remain-would-win-second-brexit-referendum-1-4728629

There is though a majority now who want a vote on the final deal and a 56% majority nationally that want to stay in the Single Market including nearly 20% of leave voters and given that we now have to it seems stay in the Customs Union, given a final vote on the deal with a remain option why would anyone chose to leave if the options are leave in Name only or remain? Whats the point?

Brexit is finished I reckon. Its only the fruitloops in both parties that are dragging it on. There is clearly no appetite for a proper Brexit anymore apart from by a very small minority but its totally underliverable at least in the form it was advertised in back in 2016.

"Brexit is finished" ... "The Tories are finished" ... "I'd rather starve than do business with Trump" ... You know ya stuff Barry

pelmetman - 2018-05-10 5:31 PM

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/10/27/there-has-been-shift-against-brexit-public-still-t/

Looks like you Brian & Bullet are the small minority at 13%......So you have got your work cut out (lol) .........

I Can see why you didnt post the link originally. Firstly that report and poll is way out of date and is nearly 8 months old. Secondly I dunno where you are getting your figures from of 13% as back then there was still only 52% in favour of going ahead with Brexit and already a majority thinking Brexit was wrong. The rest in that poll either wanted a second referendum, wanted Brexit just abandoning or didnt know.

You need to keep up with the opinion of the people Dave. The tide is changing and will continue to do so. I admit its going to be an uphill struggle against a heavily Pro Brexit press and a Government that will refuse to listen to the people as it doesnt want to lose power by tearing its party apart but at some point they are going to have to listen. It will all implode anyway at some point as its simply undeliverable. This constant banging of square pegs in round holes just wont work. Give it up.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-05-11 9:50 AM

I Can see why you didnt post the link originally. Firstly that report and poll is way out of date and is nearly 8 months old. Secondly I dunno where you are getting your figures from of 13% as back then there was still only 52% in favour of going ahead with Brexit and already a majority thinking Brexit was wrong. The rest in that poll either wanted a second referendum, wanted Brexit just abandoning or didnt know.

You need to keep up with the opinion of the people Dave. The tide is changing and will continue to do so. I admit its going to be an uphill struggle against a heavily Pro Brexit press and a Government that will refuse to listen to the people as it doesnt want to lose power by tearing its party apart but at some point they are going to have to listen. It will all implode anyway at some point as its simply undeliverable. This constant banging of square pegs in round holes just wont work. Give it up.

The 13% is the "Minority" of people like you who want to stop Brexit ;-) ..........Just because you 13% make a lot of noise, it doesn't mean you'll change peoples minds, which is pretty apparent as the polls have hardly moved in reality have they? :D ..........

322 days to go B-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-05-11 9:56 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-05-11 9:50 AM

The 13% is the "Minority" of people like you who want to stop Brexit ;-) ..........Just because you 13% make a lot of noise, it doesn't mean you'll change peoples minds, which is pretty apparent as the polls have hardly moved in reality have they? :D ..........

322 days to go B-) ..........

No Dave, show me where it says 13% because it looks to me in your ancient out of date poll that back then it was 32% wanting to reverse brexit with a further 16% unsure.

Dont bother actually because the only polls and campaigns that matter are the bang up to date ones and there is now a 22 point lead in favour of having a vote on the final deal for Brexit. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/11/labour-backbenchers-urge-jeremy-corbyn-to-back-remaining-in-eea?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

What is interesting also is the huge number (69%) of labour voter now backing the vote. Corbyn has to take notice of that and back the vote.

Archived