Enjoy it while you can,

nowtelse2do

So 2040 will be end of producing petrol & diesel vehicles. In or before the mid 2020's we are going to see the start of electric motorhomes/campervans, who's going to be the brave one to buy the first? How far will they be able to go (empty or loaded). Can't see much night driving being done with headlights on and wipers on if it's raining. It's being said that 45% of vehicle owners have no off road parking, so how will they be able to charge up. Now comes the big question :-

Would someone tell me where all the leccy is going to come from to charge all the new electric vehicles being made. It's now nearly 7years since the govenment anounced the construction of eight new nuclear power staitions were to be built, the've just started to build the 1st one at Hinckley Point C which is already over budget to the odd billion or so *-)

I'll get this in first before the thread goes off topic. :-D

It's alleged that it will be built in the shape of a mosque with the chimneys looking like minarets so as to appease our fast growing Asian population. ;-)

Dave

love your comment about the mosque look alike. I live in Bolton and there are so many mosques that they are virtually on every street corner with more being built. I don't have a problem with anyone wanting to practice their own religion but how many do you need and if I were to apply to the council to build something then I would be told that it has to be in keeping with the surrounding buildings so who is getting a payoff for all these structures.

Guest pelmetman

2040 .......I'll be 83 8-) ........

Horace will be 50 B-) ........

Hopefully I'll be on a winding single carriageway (to avoid the tolls) heading South to Spain for the winter, with a queue of electric cars behind me me choking on my exhaust fumes >:-) ........

Retread24800 - 2017-08-02 12:08 AM

If we took the same amount of leccy and used it to produce hydrogen, a non polluting fuel, would that have the same result, solve the range conundrum and save carting batteries round?

As gases are flammable ,can't see how that will happen.

I have seen many smokers , driving with arm resting on open window, whilst driving. Can you imagine , if there was a gas leak. !

Not sure many of us l on this forum will need to worry about 2040. It's another " French Breathalyzer "

farce !

PJay

Retread24800 - 2017-08-02 9:46 AM

Like propane and butane?

Did not think of that!! BUT they should be turned off when driving, and i guess some do leak a bit, but the proportion of gas bottles is small compared to the cars on the road, which will presumably be more by 2040

As i will be over 100 by then, if still around , not really bothered.

Que Sera, Sera

as the Romans said !

PJay

Mark Wilkes - 2017-07-28 7:09 AM

if I were to apply to the council to build something then I would be told that it has to be in keeping with the surrounding buildings so who is getting a payoff for all these structures.

Maybe worth finding out who is on the council that likes mosque's. ;-)

Dave

Archived