Eurovision Song (contest) ?

chas

Having watched the offerings on the T.V. last night and the antics and performances of our E.U.cousins, I am so glad at least we are seperated by nice deep water. As usual a complete farce in the voting system. The best idea I have is for a campaign to achieve the lowest marks, that will teach those Johnney forieners. >:-) Sorry for duplicating this topic , have just realized its been aired, thats staying up late( for me) and drowning my sorrows with the red stuff. 8-)

LOL - reasonable rates, have to share it with 3 laying hens but the bonus is 3 eggs a day :-D

No TV: shower outdoors, courtesy of the Weather *-) mud bath optional, feather pillows scarces as the chooks aren't old enough to moult ........

Are you really a motorhomer Chas? Far from wanting deep water between us and the continent I would much prefer it if the M2 continued straight over, meaning we could get even quicker to this motorhome friendly area.

Hi Ron B- Yes I am still learning the art of motorcaravaning, only 40years so far, as regards these friendly E.U countrys, I did not witness much on Saturday night with the voting it was plainly biased and unfair, but hey, it was only a tenth rate show, so no probs. Its quite obvious that most of these states, you know the ones, the ones we sent our soldiers to , to save many of them from genocide only like the United Kingdom when crowding our shores holding their benefit books up and demanding free schooling and accommodation. Rant over. >:-( chas

RonB - 2007-05-14 2:16 PM

Are you really a motorhomer Chas? Far from wanting deep water between us and the continent I would much prefer it if the M2 continued straight over, meaning we could get even quicker to this motorhome friendly area.

M2 ??? you mean that nightmare of heavies that runs off the carpark aka the M25 ???

much prefer my leisurely trip from Hull (lol) across the deep water

B-)

Chas. I think that you are blaming the wrong people, it's us that are the idiots. I have just listened to the news. We cannot afford the drugs to treat desperately ill people on the NHS - the next item 'disclosed' that the government had grossly underestimated the illegal immigration figures (by approx four times), again!

Try to keep smiling.

twooks - 2007-05-14 5:05 PM
RonB - 2007-05-14 2:16 PM Are you really a motorhomer Chas? Far from wanting deep water between us and the continent I would much prefer it if the M2 continued straight over, meaning we could get even quicker to this motorhome friendly area.
M2 ??? you mean that nightmare of heavies that runs off the carpark aka the M25 ??? much prefer my leisurely trip from Hull (lol) across the deep water B-)

"Tra la la la boom boom bangy bangy boom", is my entry for next year's contest.  A sure fire winner! 

No, I've a much better idea!  Ban the bleedin' Eurovision rubbishy song thingy, and build a six lane motorway bridge across the Channel instead! 

Brian Kirby - 2007-05-14 6:32 PM
twooks - 2007-05-14 5:05 PM
RonB - 2007-05-14 2:16 PM Are you really a motorhomer Chas? Far from wanting deep water between us and the continent I would much prefer it if the M2 continued straight over, meaning we could get even quicker to this motorhome friendly area.
M2 ??? you mean that nightmare of heavies that runs off the carpark aka the M25 ??? much prefer my leisurely trip from Hull (lol) across the deep water B-)

"Tra la la la boom boom bangy bangy boom", is my entry for next year's contest.  A sure fire winner! 

No, I've a much better idea!  Ban the bleedin' Eurovision rubbishy song thingy, and build a six lane motorway bridge across the Channel instead! 

Great idea - saves the French from building a second Sangatte, and the "illegals" will be able to skip across.

Guest starspirit

Build a bloody great moat around Hull and let the RAF practise by bombing all the bridges or ferries to keep the Hullites from escaping.

Any thoughts on suitable titles for, Zimbabwe, PLO and Al Qaeda (have I spelt that right) entries?

Brian Kirby - 2007-05-14 9:17 PM
twooks - 2007-05-14 6:53 PM What .. from Hull :D :D :D :D :D :D B-)

Er, you never was any good at geography. That's the North Sea, not the Channel up there! Even us Southerners knows that!

'tis the East Coast tho - so it's pointing the right way - and there is NO WAY I'm heading any further south in this country than I have to B-)

starspirit - 2007-05-14 9:12 PM

Build a bloody great moat around Hull and let the RAF practise by bombing all the bridges or ferries to keep the Hullites from escaping.

Any thoughts on suitable titles for, Zimbabwe, PLO and Al Qaeda (have I spelt that right) entries?

being as I'm not a tyke I shall refuse to rise to this scurrilous post Richie Boy;

but presumably they have upset you 'cos they play proper rugby and not the 'mugger - hugger' variety practised in the valleys - with the sheep as subs ??

B-)

you'll have to check spellings and english punktewashun with your mate *-)

Guest starspirit
Seeing as how I ain't Welsh I refuse to be intimidated by a scrum of sheep or their somewhat dubious admirers but having been to Hull (and Grimsby - if ever a town was aptly named) I can see the merits of not living there!

ah but Grimsby is in Lincolnshire - really weird stuff comes from there - or so I'm told.

Hull - in addition to its ferry port - also has an excellent museum quarter - and a seriously flash public loo (lol)

B-)

Excuse me! Miss Janet East Riding here. Although Hull is not in East Riding, what is all the Hull bashing about!

There is a lot of good things in Hull, and there is a lot of regeneration going on, which given time will bring it back from years of neglect down to all the bombing from WW2. All the money went on London and Plymouth to rebuild after the war and Hull was forgoten. They lost almost 80% of their housing stock due to Mr Hitler and after the war there was little or no money spent on the city. But is slowly happening now.

If you have any cash, then Hull is the next hot spot to buy property, it is still resonable at the moment but is rising.

Cheers

Janet

Janet East Riding - 2007-05-14 11:49 PM

Excuse me! Miss Janet East Riding here. Although Hull is not in East Riding, what is all the Hull bashing about!

There is a lot of good things in Hull, and there is a lot of regeneration going on, which given time will bring it back from years of neglect down to all the bombing from WW2. All the money went on London and Plymouth to rebuild after the war and Hull was forgoten. They lost almost 80% of their housing stock due to Mr Hitler and after the war there was little or no money spent on the city. But is slowly happening now.

If you have any cash, then Hull is the next hot spot to buy property, it is still resonable at the moment but is rising.

Cheers

Janet

Hear hear, and if Mel B were here now she would agree also. How Starspirit can come out with such crass and insensitive statements is totally beyond me. One can only assume that old age has not treated him kindly, but this still does,nt excuse such behaviour.

Guest starspirit

I see Howie just because I disagree about rat poison it's get Richard time is it?

You obviously have never been to Hull and that alone might be your only saving grace!

When you compare the majesty of London and the magic of Plymouth you will understand why Hull was neglected and it shows remarkably good judgement on the part of government - something for which they are not renowned.

You might find that Mel is no great admirer of Hull if you ask her?

Hull is really in the East Riding - just as Selby is really in the West Riding, - and there has always been a county called Rutland!

just because some bunch of oikish southerners and a bakers boy from Brighton messed about with financial boundaries. .. . .. *-)

B-)

Archived