F1 noise++

Lizzy

Tyre testing for 3 days! Maybe the wind is in this direction or maybe there *are* more cars testing but it's noisey! Also pricey, I read it costs £50.00 a day to watch whereas before it was free ........

I counted 19 bods in 'fast' road cars using their mobile phones as they headed into the village yesterday >:-( I feel like taking wet sponges to throw at them as they drive by ......... >:-)

Hope the ground dries before mid-July! ;-)

Hello Lizzy,

These F1 cars are revving to 19000 rpm and it is surprising how far the noise travels.

We attended a two day course at Stowe a couple of years ago when they were testing at Silverstone 3 miles away and it was like being at trackside.

Could be worse though you could be living on the flight path of a main airport or RAF fighter station. We regularly get "buzzed" by low flying Tornadoes soon to be Eurofighters. Fortunately we both like aircraft and racing cars but even then the noise can get very wearing.

Regards,

Mike.

colin - 2007-06-20 11:02 PM

Think yourself lucky you don't live near my workplace, a 24litre engine with exhaust stubs make a F1 engine sound puny

Forgot to say we run them on short stubs in dark to 'tune' engine, at least F1 (so far) is run during daytime.

The Circus has begun! Metal signs have gone up, bollards are ready to put into place, by Tuesday lorries, food wagons etc. will begin pulling into the Circuit. Hope the weather improves (!) *-) or Bernie will be complaining again :-D

We do get a 24 hour Le-man type weekend later in the year. Superbikes were here recently which was noisy but fun.

I'll miss the Red Arrows next Sunday ....... :-(

Campsites are soggy so anyone travelling this way should bring plenty of sacks, old towels, rugs in order to put under the wheels to help drive off. Rugs under the sleeping bags too as damp can rise = cold = lack of sleep though if fire-works are allowed across the camps then not much sleep will be had anyway *-)

Brollies and a change of clothes kept in the car! The wind is from the South so when it isn't raining it's lovely ;-) however .........

Archived