F1

Bazza454

Probably not the result that most of the UK wanted, but the consolation for me is that the obnoxious Spanish git didn't get the title, his childish behaviour this year has been a disgrace.

Highlight for me this season has been the relationship between Lewis Hamilton and his father Anthony, what a role model he has been to his very talented young son.

Guest Tracker
That about sums it up Barry and at least Kimi has done his apprenticeship and thoroughly deserves his triumph - or was it a Ferrari - duh?

Second spot in the World Championship in your first year is no mean achievement! Being a long time 'Ferrari' fan pleased it was them & not Alonso who took young Hamilton's crown!! (Which stricly speaking was not his as he had not 'won' it but you know what I mean.)

Regards, Mike

Mike Parke - 2007-10-21 8:25 PM

Second spot in the World Championship in your first year is no mean achievement! Being a long time 'Ferrari' fan pleased it was them & not Alonso who took young Hamilton's crown!! (Which stricly speaking was not his as he had not 'won' it but you know what I mean.)

Regards, Mike

Spot on Mike but we will never know the truth about the latest "spying" spat. Nigel Stepney, the ex chief mechy at Ferrari, has written a book about his career with the Italian team, it was due to be published next year but has been bought forward and he now intends to publish it himself. Looks like yet more F1 politics to come on this subject, Flexable front wings, flexable floors are just two areas that are likely to be covered.

Don't get me wrong designers have to push the rules to gain an advantage and for the King designer was Colin Chapman of Lotus, all the teams copied his ideas but he just looked at their interpritation of his ideas and then improved on that. No lengthy court cases in those day's.

John D.

This years F1 season suspiciously smacks of the conspiracy theory being applied by various protaganists.

The F1 establishment appear to be scared silly that a new rookie talent could come in and possibly take the title.

I think Alonso has shown this true colours this year. How can he remain at McLaren next season !!!!!!

Also IMO Jean Todt has also done his best to scupper F1 this season with accusation and continuing inuendos after the hearings. He is getting paranoid about Ferrari being No.1 , which is not helping the sport.

Bring back their previous team boss,(sorry forgot his name) he at least, although competitive, appeared to be able to accept Ferrari will not win everything everytime.

Like all sports, politics should be kept out.

And as for Bernie Ecclestone just before the race to say he hoped Alonso would win is OTT. IMHO he of all people should be seen to remain impartial.

However it was great to have 3 people in with an chance to win the title in the last race, even if it didn't go as I wished.

Well done to Lewis, he has been the only breath of fresh air to the sport this season.

Agreed Flicka, politics should be kept out of all sports but unfortunately it is not and never more so than in motorsport and especially in F1.

I am just hearing of a fuel irregularity in both BMW cars, if this is true and they are both excluded as has happened in the recent past then Lewis should be promoted two places and become World champ but politics may well play a part in that decision.

F.I.A. = Ferrari International Authority

John D.

Am I a suspicuous old sod or what?

Before we had a procession following Shumaker in circles. Public interest was falling off and I for one started not to bother watching the race, just listened to the news in the evening hoping that someone had taken Shue out. What the "Sport" needed was something to stir it all up a bit. Now fast forward to one race back. If Lewis had not convienetly slid off the track it would all have been done and dusted at the previous race thus making todays thrilling spectacle a non event - with the corresponding fall in number of people watching the TV and hence not making the sponcors very happy.

Don,t get me wrong, I wanted Lewis to win but something just says to me that he wasn,t allowed to.

That interview with Brundle and Eckelstone before the race. "Who do you want to win Bernie" Martin asked. In the end Bernie gave all three names until Martin got the answer he wanted.

So Am I a suspicuous old sod or what?

But it aint over yet, With a question mark over the 2 BMW cars and fuel, if they both get disqualified then Lewis becomes world champion after all.

Did not hear about the stewards inquiry, let Angi have the remote after race, maybe some good news after all but put this theory into the melting pot.

Lewis could have taken the crown in China but Maclaren told him to stay out on bald tyres, today in Brazil his car developed an engine management fault for about 30 sec's before the team cleared it hmmmm. Do Maclaren want Aloso to stay with them that much?

Geof

A previous interview with Ecclestone and Lewis was the favoured one for the title but I do think it was suspicous that Lewis steered into the kitty litter in China when his rear tyre had delaminated and not lost pressure.

The fuel irregularities are to do with temperature of fuel and as such only the teams will be penalised and not the drivers, if so result stands unfortunately.

John D.

J9withdogs - 2007-10-21 10:57 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7055644.stm

According to this BBC report, it might alter the positions.

I am hoping that the report is correct but a precedent has been set on atleast two seperate occasions for this offence and it has only affected the manufacturers points and not the drivers but we can only live in hope. Can you imagine the FIA stewards taking something away from Ferrari? I am afraid history means Lewis will have to do it next year.

John D.

Lewis nearly cocked it up in the first lap by challenging Alonso when he didn't need to, that cost him several places but he could have made it back from there. The gearbox problem showed where Lewis thinks differently to the other drivers. For most of them if the gearbox dropped into neutral they'd just park it at the circuit side and walk back to the pits but Hamilton doesn't give up so easy, he kept it on track and played about with the controls and eventually it came back to life. He showed this thinking earlier in the season when he went off in one race but managed to keep the engine running and was allowed to rejoin the race.

Next year I think he stands a very good chance of being World champion.

D.

Spot on Dave, having been in a very fortunate position I have been able to follow the start of many race drivers careers through to fruition in F1 and Lewis Hamilton is the most mature, level headed, cool and collected driver I have ever seen and that includes the late, great Ayrton Senna.

Johnny Herbert from the same mould but a big accident at Brands Hatch in F2 put paid to his career.

John D.

Crikey, you lot must get a life! Fancy spending your time writing on a forum about a motor race. It is unimportant, granted entertaining, but still unimportant in the scheme of things.

You would never catch me reading something like this never mind spending several minutes of my valuable life thinking of, then writing something about it.

He lost, move on!

:-D

Tomo3090 - 2007-10-24 1:20 PM Crikey, you lot must get a life! Fancy spending your time writing on a forum about a motor race. It is unimportant, granted entertaining, but still unimportant in the scheme of things. You would never catch me reading something like this never mind spending several minutes of my valuable life thinking of, then writing something about it. He lost, move on! :-D

Perhaps you should try watching paint dry seems more like your type of entertainment.

Ok Kelly58 seeing as you begged I will give you my theory.

Last month they couldn't afford to take points off Lewis for the spying scandal because no one would have watched the last 2 races, so they fine the team, but he is told he needs to throw the next race, nothing dangerous just "lose". So he coasts into the gravel in the pit lane. However because Ferrari didn't have enough points to win outright then Mclaren still need to lose the last race, thus keeping the telly audiance. So Lewis performs the silliest overtaking manouvere in the history of motor racing and loses his possible winning position, again nothing death defying. He then sets out coming through the pack, but because so many crashed/pulled out he had to turn off his engine for 30 seconds, thus in theory giving him no chance of catching up. He does though and so he is instructed to come in for a third tyre change. Alonso meanwhile just has to keep position to allow Ferrari to get their win!

See it's easy when you work it out!

Besides Ferrari have the best cars anyway so it's only fair!

I do also have theories on the Shergar, Diana and Elvis "mysteries" if anyone wants to hear them (lol)

JayKay - 2007-10-22 8:33 AM

Spot on Dave, having been in a very fortunate position I have been able to follow the start of many race drivers careers through to fruition in F1 and Lewis Hamilton is the most mature, level headed, cool and collected driver I have ever seen and that includes the late, great Ayrton Senna.

Johnny Herbert from the same mould but a big accident at Brands Hatch in F2 put paid to his career.

John D.

Johnny Herbert is still racing and doing quiet well too in the Le Mans series I believe.

Tremendous charactor this lovable rouge, great fun

Tomo3090 - 2007-10-24 1:20 PM

Crikey, you lot must get a life! Fancy spending your time writing on a forum about a motor race. It is unimportant, granted entertaining, but still unimportant in the scheme of things.

You would never catch me reading something like this never mind spending several minutes of my valuable life thinking of, then writing something about it.

He lost, move on!

:-D

Sorry Tomo

But considering you have numerous replies on this thread your opening statement is a bit contradictory

Archived