Fed up with the Grumpy Old Gits

Miami

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
handyman - 2007-10-02 5:05 PM could you list who you consider the 'grumpy old gits' please (lol)

They know who they are I think so there is no need. There does appear to a few who seem to hijack a subject and then turn it into a personal crusade!!!!!

Guest caraprof
Miami - 2007-10-02 4:49 PM

Why is it that someone asks an innocent question and all the grumpy old gits jump up and say let's have a go at this one. This forum used to be a good one for information but it has turned into a argumentative one. Back to http://www.motorhomefacts.com

Much more informative with moderators who actually control what is happening!!!!!!!!

This forum is no different than when I joined it some time ago. Sensible questions get sensible answers. Read many of the threads in Motorhome Matters for instance. The one on electric bikes is typical with some good information being given and a grateful enquirer.

On the other hand you get ungrateful people. One chap asked a very wide ranging question about different engines, mpg etc and when it was pointed out that his question was a typical 'How long is a piece of string' question', he was quite rude with people who were genuinely trying to help him.

Regrettably, you only seem to be noticing the negative posts and not the many that are helpful.

And as for MHF, I gave that up after a week of some of the most rude and abusive people I'd ever come across, apart from which the ones I ended up in debate with were as thick as s**t!

Anyway, if you are unable to see the good that comes out of this forum and some very good humour as well, than perhaps it's time that you departed to pastures new.

Toodle pip!

Perhaps all these forums have their objectionables. Just seem to be a few more on this one.

I agree with you over the guy who asked about fuel consumption.

I just can't see the point of taking things personally and expressing your views on a forum that is intended to discuss MH's.

There are lots of other forums for that. pehaps I should go off in my MH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest caraprof

I actually think that it livens things up. If it was all straight answers about A Frames and solar panels it would become very boring.

Yes, there are a few Grumpy Gits, there are a few people who won't take any crap and will have a good argument (yours truly is near the top of that list) but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the good far outweighs the bad.

I think that you are guilty of what many of us do, which is to notice the few negatives, because they're the ones that stick in your mind, and forget the many good and informative threads, mainly because, let's be honest, they aren't as interesting!

Guest caraprof
Miami - 2007-10-02 5:32 PM Wouldn't argue with that but I just object to someone hijacking a subject and then it goes on and on - totally off the original subject!!

Good, so have you calmed down now and decided to stay? :-D

Oh good thats nice .

I think and I must say that most of the people on here are helpfull

You always get a batch of people who talk and another who sit at the bottom more silent members .

When that happens you always get the same people posting the same old stuff after all there is only so much that you can think of that hasn't been done to death.

So the posters become the dominant ones which then makes them look like they are strutting their stuff .

I have to say that there has been times when I have sat and said nothing thing is no one else has they are all sat at the bottom I have not a problem with that each to their own but I do have a problem when you are then seen as the dominant ones.

Shame more people cannot come forward and post their thoughts would make for far more interesting stuff ;-)

Guest JudgeMental
Miami - 2007-10-02 5:43 PM

Oh all right then!!!!! *-)

Good!, it only takes a tiny minority to spoil it for the many.But there are thankfully some amongst us with the courage not to take objectionable behavior lightly - and relish grabbing hold of the tigers tail :-D

I think it’s true that reasonable questions are, in the main, answered reasonably. There may be a bit of a divisive segue here and there but it’s easy to filter the positive from the crap.

Quite often the initial questioner can barely seem to be bothered to set out their query or point; it’s as if it’s all a bit too much trouble. Should they be surprised when they get short shrift?

Miami - 2007-10-02 5:08 PM
handyman - 2007-10-02 5:05 PM could you list who you consider the 'grumpy old gits' please (lol)

They know who they are I think so there is no need. There does appear to a few who seem to hijack a subject and then turn it into a personal crusade!!!!!

Aaaw come on Miami, don't be coy; name those names!!!You gotta target these things, otherwise it's just a general splinter-grenade.Cheers,Bruce.

well if yous all come down to freds place for a night i reckon yous all will forget all your little forum grumbles for a day or two. alice dont supply glasses tho, so bring yer own. glad theres no moditator as they would av sacked fred a long time ago. it s the cornish humour - as strong as a shed and thick in the h.... - that keeps us going. pity no one else gets it (especially northerners).

farawayfred

JudgeMental - 2007-10-02 6:04 PM

Good!, it only takes a tiny minority to spoil it for the many.

But there are thankfully some amongst us with the courage not to take objectionable behavior lightly - and relish grabbing hold of the tigers tail :-D

i may be wrong but after reading some of your recent posts i think maybe you could be one of them

K&D - 2007-10-02 8:07 PM

JudgeMental - 2007-10-02 6:04 PM

Good!, it only takes a tiny minority to spoil it for the many.

But there are thankfully some amongst us with the courage not to take objectionable behavior lightly - and relish grabbing hold of the tigers tail :-D

i may be wrong but after reading some of your recent posts i think maybe you could be one of them

Hi K & D -

Now I'm intrigued.

Is your post to Judgemental with respect to the first, or the second, paragraph of his post?

Cheers,

Bruce.

Guest caraprof

Oh dear! This was a really nice thread. Miami had a moan. I had a chat with him, Michele had a chat with him and he's not leaving this forum. A very happy result.

Now as often happens, it's not actually the Grumpy Old Gits who are causing trouble, but someone who can't resist having a moan about the Grumpy Old Gits.

I'm not sure who is the worst!

Miami - 2007-10-02 4:49 PM

Why is it that someone asks an innocent question and all the grumpy old gits jump up and say let's have a go at this one. This forum used to be a good one for information but it has turned into a argumentative one. Back to http://www.motorhomefacts.com

Much more informative with moderators who actually control what is happening!!!!!!!!

Here here. Cliquey and condesending.

Guest caraprof
handyman - 2007-10-02 8:30 PM so caraprof, on this thread who are the ones moaning about the grumpy old gits and who are the ones that are the grumpy old gits ?? (lol)

K & D was moaning about Judgemental and as for the Grumpy Old Gits, I really don't know who Miami is talking about.

Archived