Financial Crisis in the Eurozone.

FunsterJohn

Well at least the rest of Europe isn't suffering Austerity to bail out its bankers like Britain.

Even Mervyn King Governor of BoE said he couldn't understand why there wasn't more anger at the size of the bailouts. People didn't realise thery were paying them.

Oh and if Osborne had been in charge it would have been even worse than Gordon Brown, because Osborne had been calling for even more deregulation >:-)

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-16 8:18 AM

Good thing that we're leaving.

https://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKCN1V517U

Your Confirmation Bias again.

That just says banks aren't making so much money, not the Eurozone.

Germany can make money just by borrowing it at negative rates. Two year bunds - the benchmark safe asset are trading at MINUS 0.88%.

Why are the biggest investors paying to lend to Germany in Euros when they could be paid interest to lend to Britain in Sterling?

Yes, remarkable coincidence. As soon as the strong figures were released the pound shot up.

One thing we can guarantee is that if Jeremy, this train was definitely full, I didn't notice the hook-nosed Jews in that mural, I was there but don't remember taking part, I never said 'silly woman', my friends in Hamas and Hezbollah, it was naughty trying to kill our entire government but welcome to the Houses of Parliament anyway, Corbyn gets in power the pound will be less than the dollar and euro in days.

Diane Cantaddup won't notice though.

Guest pelmetman

So that quantitative easing the ECB started in 2015 doesn't seem to have helped much? 8-) ...........

It must be Brexits fault >:-) ............

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-16 1:38 PM

As soon as the strong figures were released the pound shot up.

Strong figures would be a Current Account Surplus like Germany

Not stocking up before Brexit on borrowed money.

The pound recovered a tiny amount of its losses as shorters covered their positions.

John52 - 2019-08-17 7:57 PM

The pound recovered a tiny amount of its losses as shorters covered their positions.

I can't take seriously any claims from a man who is so financially ignorant that he believes that the Duke of Westminster inherited £10 billion tax free.

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-17 7:29 PM

I can't take seriously any claims from a man who is so financially ignorant that he believes that the Duke of Westminster inherited £10 billion tax free.

Sorry who are you suggesting is ignorant? " Had the Grosvenor estate bequeathed to the new Duke of Westminster been liable for 40% inheritance tax, the amount owed to the Treasury would have been not far off the government’s entire death duty take for the last financial year."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/duke-of-westminster-son-avoids-inheritance-tax-billions-britains-richest-men-family-trusts-rules-a7998246.html

Looks to me like you owe someone an apology?

Fast Pat - 2019-08-18 2:17 AM

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-17 7:29 PM

Sorry who are you suggesting is ignorant? " Had the Grosvenor estate bequeathed to the new Duke of Westminster been liable for 40% inheritance tax, the amount owed to the Treasury would have been not far off the government’s entire death duty take for the last financial year."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/duke-of-westminster-son-avoids-inheritance-tax-billions-britains-richest-men-family-trusts-rules-a7998246.html

Looks to me like you owe someone an apology?

The only people who should apologise are the liars claiming that the Duke of Westminster left £10 billion and didn't pay any tax.

Of the total of £10 billion half was in a trust, more of that later.

The remaining inheritance was split between his wife and children. His wife paid no tax just as yours wouldn't if you died.

His children, including the present Duke, paid the full 40% tax on their inheritance.

Now the trust, which is actually just less than £5 billion. Such trusts are legal and designed to avoid the break up of large estates and institutions and the chaos that would be caused by an immediate massive tax bill. The wealth is in property and the only way to pay a huge bill like that would be to sell off nearly half the estate causing huge problems for the tenants, who in this case could end up with a new landlord, who may only be interested in a short term profit, as opposed to Grosvenor which values its long term policy.

Now the taxation. If the last five billion had been taxed normally the treasury would have received £2 billion.

Trusts however are taxed at 6% every ten years so during the life of the present Duke, who could live another sixty years, the trust will pay £1.8 billion but this will continue every ten years after that so the treasury will continue to receive a further 6% every decade ad infinitum.

Of course if the estate, for whatever reason, were to withdraw money from the trust, it would immediately be subject to the normal rate of inheritance tax.

The D of W did not inherit £10 billion. That is a blatant lie. He personally inherited less than £2 billion and he paid the full tax due. He is a trustee of the Grosvenor Trust along with others.

I'll be pleased to receive your apology.

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-19 10:46 AM

I've bumped the above. Fast Pat claimed that he answered my rebuttal of the imaginary tax free £10 billion.

As anyone can see l explained why this lie really is a lie.

He didn't respond as he claimed he'd done. Lies trip of his tongue very easily.

I've bumped this again in case Fast Pat missed it before. I'd still like some proof that the D of W inherited £10 billion tax free.

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-20 9:06 AM

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-19 10:46 AM

I've bumped the above. Fast Pat claimed that he answered my rebuttal of the imaginary tax free £10 billion.

As anyone can see l explained why this lie really is a lie.

He didn't respond as he claimed he'd done. Lies trip of his tongue very easily.

I've bumped this again in case Fast Pat missed it before. I'd still like some proof that the D of W inherited £10 billion tax free.

PantyFarts is going to provide the proof ... Why wouldnt he/she/other ... He/she/other is a man/woman/other of honour

Fastprat is not to be messed with Tweetie Pie. Let's examine the facts:

He is University educated.

He is a Businessman.

He is a strong supporter of Jeremiah Corbyn.

He is from the North East of England.

I believe that he is already involved in Local Politics and has aspirations to rise to National Politics as an MP. If I do a bit of digging I might just find out who he is. Of course I will respect his privacy and not name him. :D

Guest pelmetman
747 - 2019-08-20 12:48 PM

Fastprat is not to be messed with Tweetie Pie. Let's examine the facts:

He is University educated=....................................Brainwashed by lefty lecturers

He is a Businessman=...........................................Financed by UK taxpayer bungs

He is a strong supporter of Jeremiah Corbyn=......Kinda says it all

He is from the North East of England=..................We can't blame the North East for that

:D ...........

John52 - 2019-08-23 8:29 PM

Where I got it from is behind the FT paywall.

But you might get it by googling 'Duke's Death hands property empire to 25 year old son'

John52 recent lies:

The King ordered the Peterloo Massacre.

Diane Abbot was offered Carol Vorderman's job on Countdown, because she's slim, gorgeous and brilliant at maths.

The Duke of Westminster left his son £10 billion free of tax.

Jeremy Corbyn doesn't have two A Levels at Grade E. He actually has an Oxford First in Philosophy, Politics and Economics, but his modesty won't let him admit it.

Boris Johnson has 100 close-protection police officers guarding him.

The Royal Palaces are no longer guarded by the army. They're now guarded by the police and this takes up 95% of the entire police force, which is why crime is rising.

John McDonnell denies saying that he'd like to go back in time and murder Margaret Thatcher. He'd actually like to have her canonised for saving Britain from union barons and for having the courage to retake the Falklands from the Argentinian dictatorship.

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-23 7:54 PM

But you might get it by googling 'Duke's Death hands property empire to 25 year old son'

John52 recent lies:

Diane Abbot was offered Carol Vorderman's job on Countdown, because she's slim, gorgeous and brilliant at maths.

Jeremy Corbyn doesn't have two A Levels at Grade E. He actually has an Oxford First in Philosophy, Politics and Economics, but his modesty won't let him admit it.

The Royal Palaces are no longer guarded by the army. They're now guarded by the police and this takes up 95% of the entire police force, which is why crime is rising.

John McDonnell denies saying that he'd like to go back in time and murder Margaret Thatcher. He'd actually like to have her canonised for saving Britain from union barons and for having the courage to retake the Falklands from the Argentinian dictatorship.

Can you quote where I said all that *-)

John52 - 2019-08-23 9:50 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-23 7:54 PM

John52 recent lies:

Can you quote where I said all that *-)

Oh stop it. Next you'll be forgetting about when you claimed that David Icke is right and that the Duke of Edinburgh is actually a green shape-shifting reptile and that he's only lived so long because he drains the blood of a teenage boy twice a week.

You really are losing it.

Archived