First impressions of the EU gravy train............

Guest pelmetman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An open minded and unbiased account, even the author agrees with that! :-D Oh and he should have listened a bit harder, leaving off his Brexit earflaps, while undergoing induction. Where the hell do they come from, and who the hell elects them! Ignorant pillock!

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-06-14 12:19 PM

An open minded and unbiased account, even the author agrees with that! :-D Oh and he should have listened a bit harder, leaving off his Brexit earflaps, while undergoing induction. Where the hell do they come from, and who the hell elects them! Ignorant pillock!

Of course you being an MEP would know different won't you Brian? ;-) .............

Or are you letting your blind Remoaner ignorance get the better of you? :D .........

Guest pelmetman
teflon2 - 2019-06-14 7:30 PM

That is exactly how I envisioned it when I voted leave. :D

You and 17.4 million others :D .........

So...

The House of Commons is the biggest in Europe and about the biggest in the world

the EU Parliament for 27 countries is smaller than the Unelected House of Lords for 1 country.

The extended Royal Family of Unelected Superannuated Pointless Hangers On is without equal anywhere in the world.

How many new ministerial jobs and Lords is Boris going to create on top of that to reward all those who voted for him?

And to handle the work the EU used to do for us?

But its the EU thats bloated and undemocratic *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-06-15 6:30 PM

So...

The House of Commons is the biggest in Europe and about the biggest in the world

the EU Parliament for 27 countries is smaller than the Unelected House of Lords for 1 country.

The extended Royal Family of Unelected Superannuated Pointless Hangers On is without equal anywhere in the world.

How many new ministerial jobs and Lords is Boris going to create on top of that to reward all those who voted for him?

And to handle the work the EU used to do for us?

But its the EU thats bloated and undemocratic *-)

With a bit of luck our Parliament will prove as ineffective as the EU Parliament is ;-) .........and PM Boris will be able to ignore it as the EU dictators can >:-) ..........

The difference is of course....... that we can get rid of Boris........Unlike our EU dictators *-) .........

So who's system is more democratic? >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-06-16 5:06 PM

pelmetman - 2019-06-16 7:43 AM

So who's system is more democratic? >:-) .........

Ermm let me see

How democratic is the Head of State and House of Lords *-)

Seeing as the Queen has no power and the House of Lords can be overruled by Parliament ;-) .........

Then I'd say our system is a damn sight more democratic than the EU's >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-06-14 2:14 PM

Of course you being an MEP would know different won't you Brian? ;-) .............

Yes. Read what he said Dave. He refers to ministers as unelected. These are the elected ministers who represent the member countries on the EC council. They are all elected by the citizens of their respective countries. He, the newly elected MEP, should know at least that much - the more so as he stood on a ticket to get Britain out at least in part on the basis that the EU is undemocratic.

Before one criticises, one should at least understand. So, ignorant pillock!

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-06-19 10:30 PM

Yes. Read what he said Dave. He refers to ministers as unelected. These are the elected ministers who represent the member countries on the EC council. They are all elected by the citizens of their respective countries. He, the newly elected MEP, should know at least that much - the more so as he stood on a ticket to get Britain out at least in part on the basis that the EU is undemocratic.

"They are all elected by the citizens of their respective countries."

So which minister did I get the opportunity to elect? ;-) ........

Just askin :D ......

pelmetman - 2019-06-19 10:42 PM

I have no idea, as I have no idea what constituency you vote in, nor who you voted for. Our constituency MP is not a minister, so I haven't "elected" a minister either, if that makes you feel better. :-)

However, were you to have voted for your MP, and should that MP have been made a minister by Theresa May, you would have elected an MP to the HoC, and have a minister as your MP. That minister would then become a member of the EU Council of Ministers, and would attend the Council meetings when business relevant to their ministry was under discussion.

But, surely you already know how UK politics, and the executive of the EU work, so why the question?

Perhaps you should take a page from your own advice and read what he really said which was Commissioners and we never have a personal vote for them.

teflon2 - 2019-06-21 6:46 PM

Perhaps you should take a page from your own advice and read what he really said which was Commissioners and we never have a personal vote for them.

Well, I followed the link in Dave's first post above, and the read that. There, while reporting on his induction as an MEP, he refers to "unelected ministers", does he not? If it now says commissioners, then the text in the link has been changed since I read it.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-06-20 9:02 PM

I have no idea, as I have no idea what constituency you vote in, nor who you voted for. Our constituency MP is not a minister, so I haven't "elected" a minister either, if that makes you feel better. :-)

However, were you to have voted for your MP, and should that MP have been made a minister by Theresa May, you would have elected an MP to the HoC, and have a minister as your MP. That minister would then become a member of the EU Council of Ministers, and would attend the Council meetings when business relevant to their ministry was under discussion.

But, surely you already know how UK politics, and the executive of the EU work, so why the question?

The difference is...... which you keep ignoring *-) ............

I didn't get to elect any of the Commissioners/Minsters.......Nor can I sack them as I can with my ELECTED MP Minister or MEP at the next election ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-06-25 9:49 PM

I didn't get to elect any of the Commissioners/Minsters.......Nor can I sack them as I can with my ELECTED MP Minister or MEP at the next election ;-) ..........

Are you seriously complaining about 28 people in the EU Council? *-)

Who did you elect to represent you in the House of Lords which currently numbers eight hundred peers who decide pretty much the same as EU Council ministers (law), but only for this tiny little island? Globally no other country in the democratic world has a second chamber bigger than UK.....only China has a bigger body.

Costs are staggeringly mind blowing. Peers are able to claim £305 a day tax-free each day they attend, plus some travel costs. Between February 2014 to January 2015, £21 million was spent on Lords allowances and expenses, with the average Peer receiving £25,826 with some walking a few hundred yards to 'work'.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/11769736/Peer-claims-300-a-day-in-expenses-to-walk-200-yards-to-work-at-House-of-Lords.html

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-25 11:43 PM

Who did you elect to represent you in the House of Lords which currently numbers eight hundred peers who decide pretty much the same as EU Council ministers (law), but only for this tiny little island? Globally no other country in the democratic world has a second chamber bigger than UK.....only China has a bigger body.

Costs are staggeringly mind blowing. Peers are able to claim £305 a day tax-free each day they attend, plus some travel costs. Between February 2014 to January 2015, £21 million was spent on Lords allowances and expenses, with the average Peer receiving £25,826 with some walking a few hundred yards to 'work'.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/11769736/Peer-claims-300-a-day-in-expenses-to-walk-200-yards-to-work-at-House-of-Lords.html

The house of Lords does not run the country.........It's a toothless Tiger like the European Parliament ;-) .......

If the EU really wanted to become "democratic", then they should chose the Commissioners from the "elected" MEP's then folk like Farage could get to run the EU instead of Germany B-) ............

Then I'd be happy to stay in the EU >:-) ............

pelmetman - 2019-06-26 7:16 AM

The house of Lords does not run the country.........It's a toothless Tiger like the European Parliament ;-) .......

If the EU really wanted to become "democratic", then they should chose the Commissioners from the "elected" MEP's then folk like Farage could get to run the EU instead of Germany B-) ............

You're deflecting. Your complaint was about 28 EC Commissioners, not MEP's. There is a difference between the two just as there is between our own HoC (elected MP's) and HoL (unelected Lords).

I notice you ignored the vast number of our 800 unelected peers (second only to China, a country of 1.5 billion citizens compared to a little island with just 66 million) and figures involved.....too embarrassing to address that awkward fact eh? Same reason you couldn't tell me who you elected to represent you in the House of Lords.

As for Fartage.....you are having a laugh! A man who pretended to represent the interests of UK's fishing industry in the EU, yet only ever turned up for one meeting out of 42 of the EP Fisheries Committee. The man is a charlatan and disgrace. Had he been a fisherman he'd have been given his P45 the minute the trawler returned to port.

https://www.greenpeace.org.uk/press-releases/farages-voting-record-on-fishing-makes-mockery-of-new-election-poster/

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-26 1:51 PM

You're deflecting. Your complaint was about 28 EC Commissioners, not MEP's. There is a difference between the two just as there is between our own HoC (elected MP's) and HoL (unelected Lords).

I notice you ignored the vast number of our 800 unelected peers (second only to China, a country of 1.5 billion citizens compared to a little island with just 66 million) and figures involved.....too embarrassing to address that awkward fact eh? Same reason you couldn't tell me who you elected to represent you in the House of Lords.

As for Fartage.....you are having a laugh! A man who pretended to represent the interests of UK's fishing industry in the EU, yet only ever turned up for one meeting out of 42 of the EP Fisheries Committee. The man is a charlatan and disgrace. Had he been a fisherman he'd have been given his P45 the minute the trawler returned to port.

https://www.greenpeace.org.uk/press-releases/farages-voting-record-on-fishing-makes-mockery-of-new-election-poster/

Seems like 57% agree with us Brexiteers >:-) .........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7182805/Poll-finds-57-cent-voters-believe-Britain-leave-EU.html

(lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-06-26 2:44 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7182805/Poll-finds-57-cent-voters-believe-Britain-leave-EU.html

(lol) (lol) (lol) .........

You're deflecting again. None of what you've just posted has remotely anything to do with the point you raised. Here is a reminder of what you said;

Now, since then it's been pointed out to you that the number you are complaining about is just 28 people from 28 countries, whilst 800 unelected peers sit in our own HoL, the scale of which globally is second in size only to China, a country with 1.5 billion citizens as opposed to our 66 million, a second House with staggering annual costs.....yet you have nothing to say about that.

You didn't get to elect any of those 800 peers either did you, yet that doesn't bother you because it's not the EU and that's who your beef is really with isn't it? Purely because it's part of the EU political structure.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-26 9:06 PM

You're deflecting again. None of what you've just posted has remotely anything to do with the point you raised. Here is a reminder of what you said;

Now, since then it's been pointed out to you that the number you are complaining about is just 28 people from 28 countries, whilst 800 unelected peers sit in our own HoL, the scale of which globally is second in size only to China, a country with 1.5 billion citizens as opposed to our 66 million, a second House with staggering annual costs.....yet you have nothing to say about that.

You didn't get to elect any of those 800 peers either did you, yet that doesn't bother you because it's not the EU and that's who your beef is really with isn't it? Purely because it's part of the EU political structure.

Blimey 8-) ...........Have you just realized I don't like the EU? (lol) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-06-26 9:15 PM

Blimey 8-) ...........Have you just realized I don't like the EU? (lol) ..........

No......but is "not liking" reason enough to support your point over 28 Commissioners representing 28 countries against the 800 unelected peers in the HoL to one country? After all, not being able to elect one Commissioner was your original whine yet you cannot elect any of 800 peers, the costs of which to the UK tax payer are off the scale.

Your complaint was entirely unjustified, unreasonable and not even remotely comparable......just based on your dislike of everything EU which is all the more reason you are being blatantly hypocritical when you scarper off from this country half the year to enjoy the benefits provided by an EU country.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-26 9:54 PM

No......but is "not liking" reason enough to support your point over 28 Commissioners representing 28 countries against the 800 unelected peers in the HoL to one country? After all, not being able to elect one Commissioner was your original whine yet you cannot elect any of 800 peers, the costs of which to the UK tax payer are off the scale.

Your complaint was entirely unjustified, unreasonable and not even remotely comparable......just based on your dislike of everything EU which is all the more reason you are being blatantly hypocritical when you scarper off from this country half the year to enjoy the benefits provided by an EU country.

Once we have kicked the EU in to touch, we can do something about the House of Lords which I agree is ripe for revision ;-) ........

After that we can rewrite the Human rights act, re balance the foreign aid budget etc etc :D ...........

There's so much for us right wing folk to put RIGHT after decades of liberal lefty nonsense >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-06-27 9:03 AM

Once we have kicked the EU in to touch, we can do something about the House of Lords which I agree is ripe for revision ;-) ........

Oh dear. *-)

Listen up. The House of Lords was first formed back in the 11th century when Anglo-Saxon kings consulted witans (councils) composed of religious leaders and the monarch’s ministers.

It never had anything to do with the EU fgs!! *-)

So what makes you think you can or even will "do something" about a British political system, the House of Lords, which has been in existence for 1000 years, that you couldn't have done long before...but never did? *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-27 12:38 PM

pelmetman - 2019-06-27 9:03 AM

Oh dear. *-)

Listen up. The House of Lords was first formed back in the 11th century when Anglo-Saxon kings consulted witans (councils) composed of religious leaders and the monarch’s ministers.

It never had anything to do with the EU fgs!! *-)

So what makes you think you can or even will "do something" about a British political system, the House of Lords, which has been in existence for 1000 years, that you couldn't have done long before...but never did? *-)

When did I say the House of Lords had anything to do with the EU? :-S ..........

But seeing as us peasants are on a roll with kicking the EU into touch ;-) ..........

There's no reason to stop there B-) ...........

That'll teach em to give us the vote >:-) .............

Archived