Food Banks

Birdbrain

Birdbrain - 2019-08-17 6:43 PM

John52 - 2019-08-17 6:37 PM

Duke of Westminster inherits £10 billion tax free. etc, etc.

What sort of people prefer to criticise those using foodbanks

Has The Duke done something wrong princess ???

Well he didn't pay any inheritance tax, which normal people have to pay.

Fast Pat - 2019-08-17 6:54 PM

Who or what are "normal people" und has he broken some kind of law or sumat sweet cheeks

John52 - 2019-08-17 7:37 PM

Another disgusting lie. He personally inherited a fraction of that and paid the full inheritance tax.

Do you think you can just make things up and that no one will challenge you?

Show us the evidence that he inherited £10 billion tax free.

Fast Pat - 2019-08-17 7:54 PM

He paid every penny due on money that he inherited personally. More lies from you.

John52 - 2019-08-18 8:30 AM

So the inherited £10billion is all legal 'in trust' etc, and you think that makes a such a significant difference, you would rather criticise those using food banks instead?

Fella inherits £10 billion and pays every last penny of tax legally owed on it against those who abuse food banks taking from the few that need it ... Give me The Duke any day

John52 - 2019-08-18 9:30 AM

So the inherited £10billion is all legal 'in trust' etc, and you think that makes a such a significant difference, you would rather criticise those using food banks instead?

See my other post which demolishes your lies about the inheritance.

Where have I criticised people using food banks?

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-17 7:12 PM

Another disgusting lie. He personally inherited a fraction of that and paid the full inheritance tax.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/duke-of-westminster-son-avoids-inheritance-tax-billions-britains-richest-men-family-trusts-rules-a7998246.html

Fast Pat - 2019-08-18 8:57 AM

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/duke-of-westminster-son-avoids-inheritance-tax-billions-britains-richest-men-family-trusts-rules-a7998246.html

Have you read your link ... You should

Fast Pat - 2019-08-18 9:57 AM

The clue is in the first line 'is believed'. Written by a Leftie journalist who doesn't understand what actually happened.

I've shown you the facts now you show me one report that proves your lies.

Do you deny for instance that in the long term such trusts actually generate more income for the treasury?

Finally, try to understand the nuances of the English language. 'Is believed' is not the same as 'has'.

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-18 9:13 AM

Do you deny for instance that in the long term such trusts actually generate more income for the treasury?

Yes.

Because you are simply ignoring the income the treasury could make from the assets they taxed.

What do you think the fact that you prefer to defend the extremely wealthy, than those using food banks, says about you?

John52 - 2019-08-20 8:40 AM

Yes.

Because you are simply ignoring the income the treasury could make from the assets they taxed.

What do you think the fact that you prefer to defend the extremely wealthy, than those using food banks, says about you?

That he's not a mug

John52 - 2019-08-20 9:40 AM

Yes.

First of all you accused me of criticising people who use food banks. Now you're doing it again. What has my exposing your lies about the £10 billion that was supposedly inherited tax free got to do with food banks?

My intervention in this thread was in response to a deliberate lie by you about this inheritance and I've made no mention of food banks, to criticise or support. You are the one who polluted this thread with your usual obsession with the wealthy.

I've outlined the facts of the inheritance in another thread. If you want to discuss the rights and wrongs of family trusts, find someone else to bore.

Read this thread and tell me where I've criticised food banks. Lies trip off your tongue very easily and often.

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-20 8:58 AM

I've outlined the facts of the inheritance in another thread. If you want to discuss the rights and wrongs of family trusts, find someone else to bore.

You started that, now try to close it down because you are losing the argument. :D

I tried to avoid it by simply pointing out he effectively inherited the £10 billion himself.

Not blaming him, for all I know he is a decent young man, - I have nothing against people who legally take advantage of the system.

My gripe is with the system which allows it, not the individual.

Birdbrain - 2019-08-20 8:47 AM

Yes.

That he's not a mug

and what do you think the fact you support him says about you *-)

you prefer to defend the extremely wealthy, than those using food banks

you accused me of criticising people who use food banks. Now you're doing it again.

Nope. Try reading the quote you posted a bit slower *-)

I'll give you a few days to work it out ;-)

John52 - 2019-08-20 10:26 AM

You started that, now try to close it down because you are losing the argument. :D

I tried to avoid it by simply pointing out he effectively inherited the £10 billion himself.

Not blaming him, for all I know he is a decent young man, - I have nothing against people who legally take advantage of the system.

My gripe is with the system which allows it, not the individual.

What argument have I lost? I've proved that your claim that he inherited £10 billion tax free is a blatant lie.

I've proved again that you just make things up and am still waiting for an explanation of your accusation about me criticising food banks.

In the other thread, which I've just bumped up, I explained the destabilising affect of an institution like Grosvenor suddenly having to sell off half of its property assets in order to meet a sudden and unexpected tax bill, and this was a sudden and unexpected death as Gerald Grosvenor died young from a heart attack.

If Grosvenor had to have a fire sale, prices would drop, there'd be chaos in the property market and the losers would be the tenants who'd lose the security they now enjoy under Grosvenor's long term policy.

And with a long term trust such as Grosvenor's the state would get more. The trust will grow and every ten years will hand over 6% of its value to the treasury.

The reason that governments approve such trusts is that everyone benefits and chaos is avoided.

Don't forget to show me where I criticised food banks or just admit that you can't help lying.

John52 - 2019-08-20 10:32 AM

you accused me of criticising people who use food banks. Now you're doing it again.

I have done but can't find anywhere that I criticised people who use food banks. Instead of obtuse wriggling why can't you just show me?

In a reply to my post you wrote:

You're in that corner again and using your usual slimy tactics.

John52 - 2019-08-20 10:28 AM

Yes.

That he's not a mug

It says that he's fair-minded and knows that, as you often do, you're lying through your teeth in order to defend your hatred for, and obsession of, anyone whom you consider privileged.

John52 - 2019-08-20 9:28 AM

Yes.

That he's not a mug

I'm not a mug

Birdbrain - 2019-08-20 12:01 PM

John52 - 2019-08-20 9:28 AM

Yes.

That he's not a mug

I'm not a mug

And what do you think the fact you think you are not a mug says about you :D

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-20 9:48 AM

John52 - 2019-08-20 10:32 AM

I have done but can't find anywhere that I criticised people who use food banks. Instead of obtuse wriggling why can't you just show me?

In a reply to my post you wrote:

You're in that corner again and using your usual slimy tactics.

You ignore the question mark you quoted.

and how did you get from 'prefer to defend the extremely wealthy, than those using food banks' to criticising those using food banks?

Archived