Food banks not ready for no-deal Brexit

John52

Violet1956 - 2019-08-09 3:46 PM

I do wonder what has made you so callous Antony. Maybe you have suffered such misfortune in your life that no one else can top it. Or maybe you just are lacking the empathy gene.

Oh dear ... One of the social justice warriors has been triggered ... I dont fall for guff Veronica like some ... Theres nothing like hands on experience rather than reading The Guardian and Ive said before Ive seen food bank handouts in action before much more than once and my missus works for a charity that deals daily with those abusing charity ... Ive also more than once worked on a centre that homes immigrants who supposedly have nothing which was a real eye opener ... Now if you dont like me offering my experiences and opinions on the massive abuse of food banks princess thats your delicate stomachs problem isnt it lovey ... My empathy gene certainly doesnt stretch to those who abuse charity and it certainly doesnt stretch to those handing out food parcels to drunks who when I pointed out that those who she had handed the parcels to had been around the front drinking beer and cider she said "we dont want them drinking on empty stomachs" ... The dossers dont like chocolate biscuits either they were thrown out of one of the bags ... Regards

I do wonder what has made you so callous Antony. Maybe you have suffered such misfortune in your life that no one else can top it. Or maybe you just are lacking the empathy gene.

Schadenfreude. One day it may be reciprocated......extremely hard.

Bulletguy - 2019-08-09 5:53 PM

Gosh ... Another social justice warrior who offers his home and funds to the needy is triggered ... Since when does talking of ones experience of food banks and the misuse of em etc etc deserve such hate ??? ... You'd rather those who aren't in need take from those who are princess obviously ... What a plank

Birdbrain - 2019-08-09 4:20 PM

Oh dear ... One of the social justice warriors has been triggered ... I dont fall for guff Veronica like some ... Theres nothing like hands on experience rather than reading The Guardian and Ive said before Ive seen food bank handouts in action before much more than once and my missus works for a charity that deals daily with those abusing charity ... Ive also more than once worked on a centre that homes immigrants who supposedly have nothing which was a real eye opener ... Now if you dont like me offering my experiences and opinions on the massive abuse of food banks princess thats your delicate stomachs problem isnt it lovey ... My empathy gene certainly doesnt stretch to those who abuse charity and it certainly doesnt stretch to those handing out food parcels to drunks who when I pointed out that those who she had handed the parcels to had been around the front drinking beer and cider she said "we dont want them drinking on empty stomachs" ... The dossers dont like chocolate biscuits either they were thrown out of one of the bags ... Regards

Would you deny food to all in case some might abuse it?

John52 - 2019-08-09 6:58 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-08-09 4:20 PM

Would you deny food to all in case some might abuse it?

Maybe better worded as "Would you deny food to all in case many might abuse it?' ... No of course not but to deny many abuse it is bonkers

John52 - 2019-08-09 7:00 PM

I've had alcohol, but never been happier since I gave it up.

Now I just feel sad for people who need it to take their mind off reality :-(

Some of your posts make me want to turn to drink. *-)

You might have stopped drinking but the reality hasn't returned to your brain yet. :-D

Birdbrain - 2019-08-09 6:49 PM

Gosh ... Another social justice warrior who offers his home and funds to the needy is triggered ... Since when does talking of ones experience of food banks and the misuse of em etc etc deserve such hate ??? ... You'd rather those who aren't in need take from those who are princess obviously ... What a plank

You denigrate people who supply food banks as "idiots", then claim the recipients "laugh at them" for doing so. You find this most amusing but i found your attitude despicable. One day you yourself may well need that 'helping hand'. I hope it's not there for you...as that's the only way you will ever reflect.

Bulletguy - 2019-08-09 10:55 PM

You denigrate people who supply food banks as "idiots", then claim the recipients "laugh at them" for doing so. You find this most amusing but i found your attitude despicable. One day you yourself may well need that 'helping hand'. I hope it's not there for you...as that's the only way you will ever reflect.

From the man who "denigrates" anyone on here who dares to disagree with him spewing vile insults at them as he goes without ever backing up those insult claims when challenged ??? ... As for those giving food , they are being taken for idiots in my view really quite simple ... Put it this way if you gave £100 to Muslim Aid and £80.00 of that went folk who didn't need the money you'd surely be pretty miffed and you'd want Muslim Aid to make sure all the money went to the needy wouldnt you and you'd welcome someone exposing charity abuse ???

Guest pelmetman

What you call empathy Veronica.......Us folk who live in the real world call gullibility ;-) .........

I wonder how many Drunks & Druggies food banks have helped end up in a early grave by allowing them to keep more benefit dosh for spending on drugs & alcohol? :-| ........

pelmetman - 2019-08-10 9:37 AM

What you call empathy Veronica.......Us folk who live in the real world call gullibility ;-) .........

I wonder how many Drunks & Druggies food banks have helped end up in a early grave by allowing them to keep more benefit dosh for spending on drugs & alcohol? :-| ........

From my experience of druggies, not letting them have free food won't do anything to cure them of their addiction Dave.

So everyone who uses a foodbank or a charity is a misuser? Isn't it interesting some people who work for these places see the sad state of the nation whilst others who work for them maintain that anyone who uses a food bank or a charity is a misuser???? It seems for the comments her that drunks and druggies can change overnight and become upstanding citizens and simply choose to be homeless and destitute, what silly people they are!!!

Violet1956 - 2019-08-10 12:06 PM

From my experience of druggies, not letting them have free food won't do anything to cure them of their addiction Dave.

Feeding , clothing and homing druggies wont cure them either ... If youve really had experience of druggies you'll know they are the most selfish folk on earth until they finally accept they need help and even then with all the help in the world the buck stops with them ... Many of those you give free food to would gladly rob your house for a fix without a second thought ... If it makes you feel good though carry on lovey , they dont like chocky biscuits though

Birdbrain - 2019-08-10 12:38 PM

Feeding , clothing and homing druggies wont cure them either ... If youve really had experience of druggies you'll know they are the most selfish folk on earth until they finally accept they need help and even then with all the help in the world the buck stops with them ... Many of those you give free food to would gladly rob your house for a fix without a second thought ... If it makes you feel good though carry on lovey , they dont like chocky biscuits though

I agree with your observations on the behaviours of drug addicts. However, I don't believe that removing them from the assistance of food banks will do anything to address those behaviours.

And please don't use such consdescending terms like "lovey" when replying to my posts. I can't recall ever having done the same to you.

Guest pelmetman

From my experience of druggies, giving them more money to be buy drugs just speeds up the inevitable :-| .........

Perhaps there's more than a hint of reality in that new film about the liberal elite 8-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-08-10 3:32 PM

I'm confused by all this talk of drug users? Are we talking about Gove, Leadsom or Johnson?

If you don't know........ ask your bum chum Vazeline ;-) ............

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-08-10 5:17 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-08-10 3:32 PM

I'm confused by all this talk of drug users? Are we talking about Gove, Leadsom or Johnson?

Ah but drug use among the elite is classed as "recreational" which is ok because somehow the plebs think it makes them look "cool". ;-)

You mean like smoking fags made people look cool in the olden days? ;-) ............

As in cigarettes, like you smoke :D .......

Not in a Vaz kinda way >:-) .........

Archived