Former head of WTO speaks out against no deal Brexit

Barryd999

He sounds like an expert though so can be discounted. He maybe doesnt realise we are getting Blue Passports out of this!

Pascal Lamy likened leaving the EU with no deal on WTO to jumping off a cliff without a parachute.

Britain would go to the bottom of the international pecking order in the case of a no-deal Brexit, a former Director General of the World Trade Organisation has said.

What happens in the next days is you move down from first league to fourth league, and you have to apply tariffs, borders, controls and I’m not talking about specific arrangements of airlines, capital markets, nuclear safety. It’s not ready, nobody is ready, for a no deal, which is by the way the reason I think it will not happen. People are wise enough not to jump off the cliff without a parachute

https://www.euronews.com/2019/02/22/no-deal-brexit-like-jumping-off-cliff-without-parachute-says-former-wto-leader

Guest pelmetman

So Britain will go to the bottom of the International pecking order ? :D ..........

My my what a deluded individuals you Remoaners have become 8-) ........

If you thought our politicians having to sniff more arse is a reason NOT to leave the EU (lol) ......

Perhaps Mr Vaz should be put in charge of International Butt Sniffing >:-) ......

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-02-23 5:09 PM

Of course. We just have to use the "Do you know who we are" line. I never thought of that. That former head of the WTO, Pah! Experts eh? Who needs them. We just have to tell the world how important we are. That will do it.

Call me old fashioned ;-) ...........

But I think we should fix our own fecking country before we start preaching to others *-) ...........

Of course. We just have to use the "Do you know who we are" line. I never thought of that. That former head of the WTO, Pah! Experts eh? Who needs them. We just have to tell the world how important we are. That will do it.

Cults have always closed themselves off and this guy isn't dancing to the Brexit tune or parroting any of their mantras.

pelmetman - 2019-02-23 5:19 PM

But I think we should fix our own fecking country before we start preaching to others *-) ...........

Well, if you could help us all by saying what, actually, you think is wrong with this country, we might be better able to understand how leaving the EU in favour of trading with everyone on WTO terms, would help fix them.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-02-23 5:44 PM

Well, if you could help us all by saying what, actually, you think is wrong with this country, we might be better able to understand how leaving the EU in favour of trading with everyone on WTO terms, would help fix them.

Lets start with a point of order ;-) ..........

Do you prefer the view of a ex head WTO to the view of a ex BOE?........

Coz I reckon the ex BOE is going to know more about the UK than a ex WTO Toff (lol) ........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-23 5:29 PM

Cults have always closed themselves off and this guy isn't dancing to the Brexit tune or parroting any of their mantras.

Eh???? 8-) ...........You'd vote for Corbyn FFS! >:-) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

What's the difference between thick piece of timber and a Corbyn voter ;-) ......

The piece of timber is useful >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-02-23 5:48 PM

Lets start with a point of order ;-) ..........

Do you prefer the view of a ex head WTO to the view of a ex BOE?........

Coz I reckon the ex BOE is going to know more about the UK than a ex WTO Toff (lol) ........

Deflection alert.....In other words, you haven't an answer to Brians question. *-)

pelmetman - 2019-02-23 5:54 PM

Eh???? 8-) ...........You'd vote for Corbyn FFS! >:-) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

What's the difference between thick piece of timber and a Corbyn voter ;-) ......

Deflection alert....again........wtf has any of your inane tweet response got to do with the op's post? *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-23 7:32 PM

Deflection alert....again........wtf has any of your inane tweet response got to do with the op's post? *-)

Infection alert........the brain dead are walking :D .........

Guest pelmetman

Where do I start *-) .........

Our criminal biased justice system........

Our foreign aid spending.......

Our incompetent public sector.........

Our two faced politicians who cant accept the results of a legitimate referendum! >:-) .........

Need I go on? 8-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-02-23 7:42 PM

Judging by your inane rantings today it's obvious you're back on the bottle again. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-23 7:53 PM

Judging by your inane rantings today it's obvious you're back on the bottle again. *-)

The urge to take the p*ss out of you doesn't require alcohol :D ........

pelmetman - 2019-02-23 7:55 PM

Please post a link of a company coming to UK "because of Brexit" as i've been asking you numerous times. I'm only seeing 'one way traffic' of businesses leaving UK "due to uncertainties with Brexit". You dispute that and claim it's not true, yet when you're given the opportunity to show business coming here, you can't. What happened to this exodus of companies Brexit would bring to the UK...who and where are they?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-23 8:25 PM

Please post a link of a company coming to UK "because of Brexit" as i've been asking you numerous times. I'm only seeing 'one way traffic' of businesses leaving UK "due to uncertainties with Brexit". You dispute that and claim it's not true, yet when you're given the opportunity to show business coming here, you can't. What happened to this exodus of companies Brexit would bring to the UK...who and where are they?

I will........When come up with a name of one of the hundreds of UK companies relocating to the EU (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2019-02-23 8:42 PM

I will........

No Pelmet, you've been given links and you refuse to look at them. When given names you refuse to acknowledge them as factual reports.

Your time for ducking out and avoiding my question is long over and i'm not letting you off this time.

Please post a link of a company coming to UK "because of Brexit" as i've been asking you numerous times.

I'm only seeing 'one way traffic' of businesses leaving UK "due to uncertainties with Brexit". You dispute that and claim it's not true, yet when you're given the opportunity to show business coming here, you can't.

What happened to this exodus of companies Brexit would bring to the UK...who and where are they?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-23 9:08 PM

I will........

No Pelmet, you've been given links and you refuse to look at them. When given names you refuse to acknowledge them as factual reports.

Your time for ducking out and avoiding my question is long over and i'm not letting you off this time.

Please post a link of a company coming to UK "because of Brexit" as i've been asking you numerous times.

I'm only seeing 'one way traffic' of businesses leaving UK "due to uncertainties with Brexit". You dispute that and claim it's not true, yet when you're given the opportunity to show business coming here, you can't.

What happened to this exodus of companies Brexit would bring to the UK...who and where are they?

Damn your Dumb Bullet (lol) ..........You've been caught out spreading FAKE NEWS >:-) .......

You cant name a single UK company that has relocated to the EU ......CAN YOU? :D ........

pelmetman - 2019-02-23 9:12 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-23 9:08 PM

I will........

Damn your Dumb Bullet (lol) ..........

You cant name a single UK company that has relocated to the EU ......CAN YOU? :D ........

Yes and i have so quit deflecting......what reason are you avoiding answering my question? Is it because you know there hasn't been any companies coming to UK "because of Brexit"?

Come on, it's ok....you can say it. After all why hasn't your pro-Brexit chum Dyson set up here in UK?

• 2 weeks later...

Came across this. Norman Lamont asks Mark Carney if he's modelled the happy Brexit scenario of UK/EU applying zero tariffs to each other. Carney, is incredulous. When Lamont starts wittering about "Article 24", Carney just shuts him down.

It reminded me of us all trying to explain things to Pelmethead on here.

https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/e104fb20-e5bf-4773-9be3-cb74a526906d?in=16:01:49&out=16:03:50

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-03-05 6:09 PM

You mean like your statement that violent crime has only existed for 200+ years? ;-) ..........

Perhaps you could explain that again? :D .........

I like a giggle (lol) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-03-06 8:26 AM

You mean like your statement that violent crime has only existed for 200+ years? ;-) ..........

Apart from the FACT I didn't say "only"?

Remember, basic comprehension helps.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-03-06 8:29 AM

pelmetman - 2019-03-06 8:26 AM

Apart from the FACT I didn't say "only"?

Remember, basic comprehension helps.

You said......

"And again you comprehension skills have let you down, the point is that violent crime has been around for 200 + years."

Most normal people would "comprehend" that statement to mean more than 200 but less than 300.......correct? :D .........

BTW .....have you got the same maths degree as Diane Abbott? 8-) ...........

Archived