Got one!

jonimac

Hello folks. Remember me 'Potential Motorhome buyer'. Today, I actually got one and we pick it up on Wednesday 26th September. It's a CI Carioca 694 to be precise. It was between that and the Chausson Flash 08. Very little difference between them but I didn't fancy a Flash, could get locked up.

Any just wanted to say many thanks for all the valuable advice received from many contributors on this site. I'm genuinely impressed with the friendliness from all concerned coupled with the very practical tips and encouragement. Once again thanks and all advice especially now will be most welcome..... :-D

Congratulations!!! on joining the friendly fraternity - this is where the steep learning curve begins. AND the empty bank account. You are going to find that now you have your new pride and joy you will want to spend loads of money at all the shows filling it up with all sorts of goodies to make life on the road more enjoyable.

Our first'van was a CI - we loved it!

Hope you enjoy your new home.

You will find that most M/homers are a friendly bunch and always willing to lend a hand - just try opening your bonnet on a rally field or at a show - you will have more new friends than you can shake a stick at.

Come back any time with questions and you will always find an "expert" to help - we all started somewhere and received loads of help and advice from others so we are happy to pass it on.

Of course now you've got it we can all come out in our true colours and tell you that you should have bought something else as that one's too big/small/narrow/wide/etc.

Only joking! Congrats on taking the plunge. I remember buying my first at the Earls Court Show. We came out and sat on the wall outside and just wondered what we'd gone and done. It's a great life!

Thanks very much Bernie. I suspected it could get a bit expensive but that's part of the fun. Thanks for telling me you had a CI and that it was fine. That gives me some sense of relief after all it's a lot of money going out. But as one previous correspondent said to me 'there's no pockets in a shroud'. Once again thanks for the encoutagement Bernie....John

Thanks Ralph. You wouldn't believe how much we've ummed and arred abnout this. It got worse when we decided we were going to do it when we were spoiled for choice. I have that feeling of foreboding now thinking what the hell have I done. I'm sure we'll enjoy it even though we are complete novices, we all have to start somewhere. Thanks again Ralph.

We'll have to keep you all updated with our adventures and cock-ups.

John

Congratulations jonimac, you will keep finding something else to learn, I have been at it since my first motorhome, an Austin with a big long bonnet and big head lamps each side of the rad was a common sight on our roads. It did have a modern pointed windscreen, but I am still learning at 75, so keep asking questions, there is always someone with the answer. See you in a field somewhere sometime......David.......

Hi Melanie. You're right, we couldn't wait. We got it from Barrons North West (now Discover) at Coppull. Pretty good choice there and we pick it up on 26th September. Bit nervous about it but sure we'll be ok when we decide where to keep it. Ideally I would prefer our driveway but will only know how it looks when we put it on there. You'll have to tell me all the best sites to visit now. We still need loads of advice which is why we bought in to this Forum. Everyone's been great.

Thanks for your interest...John

Archived