Has Parliament changed our leaving date yet?.........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-03-26 11:48 AM

Well spotted Dave. I have reported it to the Brexit Police. (lol)

There's no rush ;-) ..........anytime after Friday will suffice :D ..........

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-03-26 3:30 PM

antony1969 - 2019-03-26 3:15 PM

If we dont leave Friday to millions that day will forever be seen as the day democracy died in the UK

Why ?

The referendum didn't say which day we had to leave.

:-|

Article 50 did :-| ............and that's what all those two faced MP's campaigned on during the last election *-) .......

If we dont leave Friday to millions that day will forever be seen as the day democracy died in the UK

Why ?

What David said ... You've heard of article 50 ???

Have you not realised by now the people steering the ship are hopeless? This is beyond their capabilities and they have been flying by the seat of their pants throughout the entire process.

Trying to deliver something so complex from a simple binary vote which was yes or no was always doomed from day one as the process and outcome (detail if you like) was way beyond a simple yes / no / in / out question.

I wouldnt worry too much though as we are still drifting towards a no deal despite all the shenanigans. Well I would worry cos it will be a flipping disaster. The only thing to look forward to if that happens is seeing Antony and Dave ecstatically happy. For a few days at least.

pelmetman - 2019-03-26 3:39 PM

Why ?

Article 50 did :-| ......… *-) .......

Round our way we didn't get a copy of article 50 attached to our ballot papers.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-03-26 4:40 PM

Have you not realised by now the people steering the ship are hopeless? This is beyond their capabilities and they have been flying by the seat of their pants throughout the entire process.

Trying to deliver something so complex from a simple binary vote which was yes or no was always doomed from day one as the process and outcome (detail if you like) was way beyond a simple yes / no / in / out question.

I wouldnt worry too much though as we are still drifting towards a no deal despite all the shenanigans. Well I would worry cos it will be a flipping disaster. The only thing to look forward to if that happens is seeing Antony and Dave ecstatically happy. For a few days at least.

It's very hard to steer a ship when half the crew is stabbing you in the back *-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-03-26 5:48 PM

It's very hard to steer a ship when half the crew is stabbing you in the back *-) .........

But thats my point Dave. The are trying to work out an answer that has many possible interpretations to a complex question that was decided in a binary vote. The entire thing is flawed because of that.

If the question was "Do you want chips or mash" then it would be pretty straight forward but there are so many versions of Brexit and so many complications with each one that trigger off a domino effect of chaos in every direction its impossible. Just impossible. Like I keep saying had it been sold as we would be cutting all ties, breaking the GFA, having no trade deals, no transition and just leaving with nothing then it would all have been easier but of course had they sold it that way they never would have won. You reap what you sow and by spinning a load of cake and eat it crap we are now in the mess we are in as a result.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-03-26 6:02 PM

But thats my point Dave. The are trying to work out an answer that has many possible interpretations to a complex question that was decided in a binary vote. The entire thing is flawed because of that.

If the question was "Do you want chips or mash" then it would be pretty straight forward but there are so many versions of Brexit and so many complications with each one that trigger off a domino effect of chaos in every direction its impossible. Just impossible. Like I keep saying had it been sold as we would be cutting all ties, breaking the GFA, having no trade deals, no transition and just leaving with nothing then it would all have been easier but of course had they sold it that way they never would have won. You reap what you sow and by spinning a load of cake and eat it crap we are now in the mess we are in as a result.

It became flawed because you Remoaners spat out your dummies when you lost........

So you ensured you made Brexit as difficult as possible thinking us Brexiteers would cave in ;-) .......

How's that working out? :D ..........

pelmetman - 2019-03-26 6:28 PM

It became flawed because you Remoaners spat out your dummies when you lost........

So you ensured you made Brexit as difficult as possible thinking us Brexiteers would cave in ;-) .......

As much as I am flattered that you think we had so much influence I dont agree. I think we would have always arrived at this point. Parliament would always have put the brakes on and would never be united and certainly not towards a hard no deal Brexit. What some of us set out to do was to change the public's minds. To be honest, I think we have failed in that task.

Barryd999 - 2019-03-26 8:43 PM

As much as I am flattered that you think we had so much influence I dont agree. I think we would have always arrived at this point. Parliament would always have put the brakes on and would never be united and certainly not towards a hard no deal Brexit. What some of us set out to do was to change the public's minds. To be honest, I think we have failed in that task.

No you didn't fail ... You certainly changed my view ... Before the referendum I thought by and large we had a country and Parliament that accepted results , didn't whinge at losing and act like butt hurt babies because they lost ... Seems I was wrong , we have a country where about 5 million are just that ... Thanks

Guest pelmetman

To be honest, I think we have failed in that task.

DAMN RIGHT >:-) ...........

antony1969 - 2019-03-27 6:10 AM

No you didn't fail ... You certainly changed my view ... Before the referendum I thought by and large we had a country and Parliament that accepted results , didn't whinge at losing and act like butt hurt babies because they lost ... Seems I was wrong , we have a country where about 5 million are just that ... Thanks

Everybody accepted the result but not the outcome. Had Brexit turned out to be the easiest deal in history and we could look forward to enjoying all the benefits we have now as well as carving our own future which is what we were told it would be like then we would have accepted the outcome but lets face it, its not turned out like that has it? The choices are a vassal state deal that is the one thing remainers and brexiteers are united on, everyone hates it or (at the moment) no deal and apparently nobody voted for that. Some of us predicted all along that this would be where we would arrive at so kept up the campaign to try and persuade people that it was going to be the case so they should think again.

I dont feel guilty about that. Angry and frustrated yes but it has nothing to do with being a bad loser or trying to thwart the result. The result is already thwarted because its not what a majority voted for for sure. If Parliament cant find no other way through this and deliver something that that the majority of MPs and the people can live with and if they wont put it back to the people the sensible thing to do would be to put the brakes on and call it off, for now at least but I wouldnt worry, I cant see it happening. As said, I would have preferred the public to decide the next step but that looks unlikely right now as well.

Direct your anger at the likes of Boris and Farage not us. It was them that sold the Brexit dream which could never live up to what they promised.

Barryd999 - 2019-03-27 1:35 PM

Everybody accepted the result but not the outcome. Had Brexit turned out to be the easiest deal in history and we could look forward to enjoying all the benefits we have now as well as carving our own future which is what we were told it would be like then we would have accepted the outcome but lets face it, its not turned out like that has it? The choices are a vassal state deal that is the one thing remainers and brexiteers are united on, everyone hates it or (at the moment) no deal and apparently nobody voted for that. Some of us predicted all along that this would be where we would arrive at so kept up the campaign to try and persuade people that it was going to be the case so they should think again.

I dont feel guilty about that. Angry and frustrated yes but it has nothing to do with being a bad loser or trying to thwart the result. The result is already thwarted because its not what a majority voted for for sure. If Parliament cant find no other way through this and deliver something that that the majority of MPs and the people can live with and if they wont put it back to the people the sensible thing to do would be to put the brakes on and call it off, for now at least but I wouldnt worry, I cant see it happening. As said, I would have preferred the public to decide the next step but that looks unlikely right now as well.

Direct your anger at the likes of Boris and Farage not us. It was them that sold the Brexit dream which could never live up to what they promised.

Rubbish ... Everybody did not accept the result ... The names and insults towards Brexit voters started the day after the result ... If that was accepting sumat God help us

malc d - 2019-03-26 5:45 PM

Why ?

Nor did we get the 500 pages of the withdrawal agreement. That no one voted for that is becoming all too painfully obvious.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-03-27 3:46 PM

Why ?

Nor did we get the 500 pages of the withdrawal agreement. That no one voted for that is becoming all too painfully obvious.

Which is why a No Deal is best ;-) ...........

We'd start with a blank page B-) .......

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-03-27 3:55 PM

Not a blank page Dave. It would have chaos writtten all over it.

How do you know? :-S ............We haven't left yet :D .......

Oh yeah I know........a Remoaner expert told you so *-) ........

Given their performance so far ;-) .........I'll take the risk B-) .........

antony1969 - 2019-03-27 2:40 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-03-27 1:35 PM

Rubbish ... Everybody did not accept the result ... The names and insults towards Brexit voters started the day after the result ... If that was accepting sumat God help us

Oh come on! That was a two way street and you know it. The abuse for some time IMO has been mainly from Brexiteers who now it seems are going all "Hollywood" to borrow your phrase and threatening to "whack" us all or that their Brexit nutcases will if they dont get their version of Brexit (whatever that is). Of course we accepted the result. How could you not accept the result, it happened? It was a fact. Parliament then implemented the will of the people by invoking article 50. What you voted for has been implemented for two years. Its just its now a complete clusterf*ck.

There is a line between taking the pish between forum friends and throwing proper abuse or threats. Maybe Im immune to it I dunno. Ive been called all sorts, had actual death threats, told to F*ck off and die, leave the country, traitor, you name it. I dont recall throwing anything like that at anyone. Ive probably upset a lot of people though but mainly because they dont like what I have to say not because ive slung the mud around and threatened people as seems to be the new Brexiteer tactic.

pelmetman - 2019-03-27 3:49 PM

Violet1956 - 2019-03-27 3:46 PM

Why ?

Which is why a No Deal is best ;-) ...........

We'd start with a blank page B-) .......

Less than 24 hours ago you said the opposite on another thread *-)

pelmetman - 2019-03-26 6:31 PM

A bad deal is better than No Deal :D ............

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-27 4:05 PM

A bad deal is better than No Deal :D ............

Your like Corbyn *-) .......

You don't understand English irony :D ........

pelmetman - 2019-03-27 4:00 PM

Violet1956 - 2019-03-27 3:55 PM

Not a blank page Dave. It would have chaos writtten all over it.

How do you know? :-S ............We haven't left yet :D .......

Oh yeah I know........a Remoaner expert told you so *-) ......

Yes your mate Gove Zero-tariff plan for Irish border could face WTO legal threat, says Gove

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/27/zero-tariff-plan-irish-border-could-face-wto-legal-threat-gove-brexit?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Archived