Hate on The Street

Bulletguy

Very good Panorama on Tuesday for anyone who missed it. Very disturbing scenes.Viewing necessary only for those making a response.

"Race and religious hate crime is at its highest since current records began in 2008. Official figures have already revealed a significant spike in hate crime immediately after the EU referendum. Now, a year on, Livvy Haydock discovers that hate crimes have remained higher than their pre-referendum average."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b098thgb/panorama-hate-on-the-street

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John52 - 2017-10-12 8:03 AM

antony1969 - 2017-10-12 7:10 AM

I haven't looked at Bullets link

Of Course Not, I wouldn't expect you to.

Having no knowlege or understanding of the subject has never stopped you pontificating on it before. (lol)

Be nice if you could show some proof of that otherwise it's just another nasty , senseless remark ???

antony1969 - 2017-10-12 9:47 AM

Having no knowlege or understanding of the subject has never stopped you pontificating on it before. (lol)

Be nice if you could show some proof of that otherwise it's just another nasty , senseless remark ???

Touched a nerve, did he? If the cap fits Tone.

starvin marvin - 2017-10-12 10:03 AM

antony1969 - 2017-10-12 9:47 AM

Touched a nerve, did he? If the cap fits Tone.

What makes you think he's touched a nerve ? ... I wouldn't want him touching anything of mine given I know how and where he throws his toilet waste ... You need to try a bit harder than that effort

Interestingly in the opening comments she makes she admits to having had 'illegals' as friends.  To me  that instantly raises the question why she didn't report them or their employers, and now can one be certain of her reporting being unbiased and not influenced by those friendships?

Bulletguy - 2017-10-12 3:22 PM

I haven't looked at Bullets link but I presume

Never ever presume.

The Hate on The Streets is about the knife , gun , acid , bombing , vehicle attacks...

Nope.

Crikey ... Can't be anything worse than what I've listed surely

Having watched it I feel it was biased towards immigrants and demonstrated a critical image of those with concerns over the sheer volume of immigration.  

Of the immigrants shown they 'appeared' to be aspirational and willing to integrate and looked towards the UK as home. Basically the family central to the programme had a degree of intelligence and they, along with the other immigrants/victims appeared to want to become a part of the UK.  Unfortunately the other side of the issue was delivered primarily by three 'youffs' in whose presence I wouldn't feel comfortable.  Similar to the soccer thugs of days past there are always those thugs to be found looking for any excuse to 'do someone over'.

Where are the British victims of immigrant crime, immigrant attacks, assault, robbery, rape etc etc?  Where do they fit in the 'statistics'?  Are they reported or presented as racial or hate crimes?  We don't know.  What we do know is there are some in society, from all sections of society, that will be minded to perpetrate crime, violence etc etc.

Hate crime isn't restricted to Brits on immigrants.....it does happen the other way around.  Either way is is despicable.

RogerC - 2017-10-12 4:57 PMHaving watched it I feel it was biased towards immigrants and demonstrated a critical image of those with concerns over the sheer volume of immigration.  
Of the immigrants shown they 'appeared' to be aspirational and willing to integrate and looked towards the UK as home. Basically the family central to the programme had a degree of intelligence and they, along with the other immigrants/victims appeared to want to become a part of the UK.  Unfortunately the other side of the issue was delivered primarily by three 'youffs' in whose presence I wouldn't feel comfortable.  Similar to the soccer thugs of days past there are always those thugs to be found looking for any excuse to 'do someone over'.

Where are the British victims of immigrant crime, immigrant attacks, assault, robbery, rape etc etc?  Where do they fit in the 'statistics'?  Are they reported or presented as racial or hate crimes?  We don't know.  What we do know is there are some in society, from all sections of society, that will be minded to perpetrate crime, violence etc etc.

Hate crime isn't restricted to Brits on immigrants.....it does happen the other way around.  Either way is is despicable.
Its convenient for some to forget that statistically a white person is more likely to face a hate/race crime ... Mind having said that wasn't it Diane Abbot that said whites can't be victims of racism ???

RogerC - 2017-10-12 3:50 PM

Interestingly in the opening comments she makes she admits to having had 'illegals' as friends. To me that instantly raises the question why she didn't report them or their employers, and now can one be certain of her reporting being unbiased and not influenced by those friendships?

Regards the presenter, Livvy Haydock, she said she "had friends on both sides, illegal immigrants and those who hold extreme right wing views".

Now, to my knowledge having friends of either is not an offence........yet. Or are you also suggesting she should report those friends with extreme right wing views to their employers (assuming they have one)? If not why not?

RogerC - 2017-10-12 4:57 PM

Having watched it I feel it was biased towards immigrants and demonstrated a critical image of those with concerns over the sheer volume of immigration. Of the immigrants shown they 'appeared' to be aspirational and willing to integrate and looked towards the UK as home. Basically the family central to the programme had a degree of intelligence and they, along with the other immigrants/victims appeared to want to become a part of the UK. Unfortunately the other side of the issue was delivered primarily by three 'youffs' in whose presence I wouldn't feel comfortable. Similar to the soccer thugs of days past there are always those thugs to be found looking for any excuse to 'do someone over'.

Where are the British victims of immigrant crime, immigrant attacks, assault, robbery, rape etc etc? Where do they fit in the 'statistics'? Are they reported or presented as racial or hate crimes? We don't know. What we do know is there are some in society, from all sections of society, that will be minded to perpetrate crime, violence etc etc.

Hate crime isn't restricted to Brits on immigrants.....it does happen the other way around. Either way is is despicable.

Polish lady living and working in Dudleigh as a school teacher since 2012. Married with three teenage children who when they first came to UK "everyone was welcoming to us". That changed in an instant last year.after the Referendum and the verbal abuse kicks off, "go back to your own country you fu*kin' Polish cu*t". Her son gets attacked and beaten up....no arrests made.

Her and her family are now leaving England to move either to Scotland or back to Poland. So racist thuggery has won that one. We as British should not be feeling proud of this but thoroughly ashamed.

The attack on the tram, "f*ckin' immigrant get off this f*ckin' tram now".

Italian lady verbally abused by a British racist woman, "you f*ckin' foreigners why don't you all f*ck off back home...shut up before i smack you over your f*ckin' head".

Polish lad glassed in the neck for speaking Polish with a friend.

Asst Chief Constable Mark Hamilton on Hate Crimes, "there was a significant spike post referendum with a significant overall rise throughout".

Professor Matthew Williams, leading figure on UK Hate Crime, "the referendum was undoubtedly a trigger event" and showed the graph comparing statistics in Remain voting areas of the country which showed little movement at all......but Leave vote areas was a different story showing a huge spike in hate crime. West Yorkshire alone had a 39% increase of race/religious hate crime after the referendum. These are not only very ugly statistics, they are a shameful reflection on the country as a whole. It's totally unacceptable.

It's estimated that EU workers contribute £20 billion to the economy of the UK and are less likely to be on state benefits than UK citizens. When we've chased all EU workers out of the UK, exactly who is going to make up that £20 billion deficit? No use looking to the idlers who've spent a lifetime living off state benefits because they've no intention of working. More than 120k EU citizens left UK last year alone.

The comment made by the Dr Honeyman, lecturer in Politics at Leeds University was interesting on how the loony lot interpret the Leave vote and what they think it was about.

The three hoody wearing full masked up racist thugs "we smash the s**t outta them yeah.....wot ya lookin' at ya black c*nt?" "I'm not racist yeah......i am racist to immigrants yeah". Oh brother *-)*-)

The wimps were too sh*t scared to even speak with their own voices let alone hiding behind masks and hoodys. Put them on the front line in Iraq or Afghanistan and they'd wet their nappies and run quivering back to mummy.

I appreciate you taking the time to watch and giving your view Roger and at least we can agree hate crime is despicable. It has no place in a modern society and people like that belong in the sewers.

Bulletguy - 2017-10-12 10:00 PM
RogerC - 2017-10-12 3:50 PMInterestingly in the opening comments she makes she admits to having had 'illegals' as friends. To me that instantly raises the question why she didn't report them or their employers, and now can one be certain of her reporting being unbiased and not influenced by those friendships?
Regards the presenter, Livvy Haydock, she said she "had friends on both sides, illegal immigrants and those who hold extreme right wing views".Now, to my knowledge having friends of either is not an offence........yet. Or are you also suggesting she should report those friends with extreme right wing views to their employers (assuming they have one)? If not why not?
RogerC - 2017-10-12 4:57 PMHaving watched it I feel it was biased towards immigrants and demonstrated a critical image of those with concerns over the sheer volume of immigration. Of the immigrants shown they 'appeared' to be aspirational and willing to integrate and looked towards the UK as home. Basically the family central to the programme had a degree of intelligence and they, along with the other immigrants/victims appeared to want to become a part of the UK. Unfortunately the other side of the issue was delivered primarily by three 'youffs' in whose presence I wouldn't feel comfortable. Similar to the soccer thugs of days past there are always those thugs to be found looking for any excuse to 'do someone over'.Where are the British victims of immigrant crime, immigrant attacks, assault, robbery, rape etc etc? Where do they fit in the 'statistics'? Are they reported or presented as racial or hate crimes? We don't know. What we do know is there are some in society, from all sections of society, that will be minded to perpetrate crime, violence etc etc.Hate crime isn't restricted to Brits on immigrants.....it does happen the other way around. Either way is is despicable.
Polish lady living and working in Dudleigh as a school teacher since 2012. Married with three teenage children who when they first came to UK "everyone was welcoming to us". That changed in an instant last year.after the Referendum and the verbal abuse kicks off, "go back to your own country you fu*kin' Polish cu*t". Her son gets attacked and beaten up....no arrests made.Her and her family are now leaving England to move either to Scotland or back to Poland. So racist thuggery has won that one. We as British should not be feeling proud of this but thoroughly ashamed.The attack on the tram, "f*ckin' immigrant get off this f*ckin' tram now".Italian lady verbally abused by a British racist woman, "you f*ckin' foreigners why don't you all f*ck off back home...shut up before i smack you over your f*ckin' head".Polish lad glassed in the neck for speaking Polish with a friend.Asst Chief Constable Mark Hamilton on Hate Crimes, "there was a significant spike post referendum with a significant overall rise throughout".Professor Matthew Williams, leading figure on UK Hate Crime, "the referendum was undoubtedly a trigger event" and showed the graph comparing statistics in Remain voting areas of the country which showed little movement at all......but Leave vote areas was a different story showing a huge spike in hate crime. West Yorkshire alone had a 39% increase of race/religious hate crime after the referendum. These are not only very ugly statistics, they are a shameful reflection on the country as a whole. It's totally unacceptable.It's estimated that EU workers contribute £20 billion to the economy of the UK and are less likely to be on state benefits than UK citizens. When we've chased all EU workers out of the UK, exactly who is going to make up that £20 billion deficit? No use looking to the idlers who've spent a lifetime living off state benefits because they've no intention of working. More than 120k EU citizens left UK last year alone.The comment made by the Dr Honeyman, lecturer in Politics at Leeds University was interesting on how the loony lot interpret the Leave vote and what they think it was about.The three hoody wearing full masked up racist thugs "we smash the s**t outta them yeah.....wot ya lookin' at ya black c*nt?" "I'm not racist yeah......i am racist to immigrants yeah". Oh brother *-)*-) The wimps were too sh*t scared to even speak with their own voices let alone hiding behind masks and hoodys. Put them on the front line in Iraq or Afghanistan and they'd wet their nappies and run quivering back to mummy.I appreciate you taking the time to watch and giving your view Roger and at least we can agree hate crime is despicable. It has no place in a modern society and people like that belong in the sewers.

Friends on both sides?  Illegals? Surely it is not a case of deciding whether or not to report illegals, it should be done as a matter of course.  Illegals are just that illegal and she admitted to having friends who are/were illegals ergo her ideals are put in question.

I agree the 'youffs' are the dregs of society as are all the other foul mouthed ranting idiots as well as those offering physical violence....I consider I said as much in my preceding post.

I further agree that there are those like the Polish lady (teacher) and her sons that should be welcomed to our country.  Indeed it appears she and her sons were made very welcome and it is despicable that those mindless idiots should victimise her and her family in any way shape or form.  However the picture painted in the programme, I feel, painted a picture of bias against British society in general.  There was no mention of attacks on white sections of the population by immigrants or any other 'minority' group despite the fact that they do happen.  She was entirely focused on demonstrating that the issue is completely one sided, whereas those of us with any ability to see beyond the journalistic bias can see that it affects all sections of society.  Some more than others I agree but nevertheless a biased picture IMO only exacerbates the problem by pouring blame on one side and effectively giving those mindless thugs even more, in their warped minds, reason to go out and get 'revenge' because they feel no one is listening to them or acting to address their issues.

I'm not in any way shape or form supporting or condoning this disgraceful situation, or the actions of the minority (societies thugs who are clearly not just white British nationals) but I do feel it needs a more considered approach.  There are serious grievances (real or imagined) on both side of this issue (immigrants and UK nationals) that need to be addressed.

RogerC - 2017-10-12 10:52 PM

Friends on both sides? Illegals? Surely it is not a case of deciding whether or not to report illegals, it should be done as a matter of course. Illegals are just that illegal and she admitted to having friends who are/were illegals ergo her ideals are put in question.

She could, she can, she may well have done.....can but surmise. Bottom line is it's not an offence to have any as a friend just as it's not having friends with extreme right wing views.Off topic but relevant to your point re. 'illegals', it's long been common knowledge Trump employed many Polish for cheap labour to build Trump Tower http://time.com/4465744/donald-trump-undocumented-workers/ Then he goes and picks Puzder for Labour Secretary, a man who employed an illegal as his house cleaner and illegals on low rate income in his restaurant chains which made him a billionaire! Puzder eventually withdrew but i reckon you see where i'm coming from?!!

In levels of seriousness i know which i see as worse. One knows some as friends whilst POTUS employs 'em for cheap labour to build his garish tat. The former isn't an offence......the latter most certainly is!

I agree the 'youffs' are the dregs of society as are all the other foul mouthed ranting idiots as well as those offering physical violence....I consider I said as much in my preceding post.

I further agree that there are those like the Polish lady (teacher) and her sons that should be welcomed to our country. Indeed it appears she and her sons were made very welcome and it is despicable that those mindless idiots should victimise her and her family in any way shape or form.

They were initially made welcome from when they first came in 2012......but that all changed after June 2016. Now they are going to move either to Scotland or back to Poland. Well done England, that's a qualified school teacher you've lost. 120 thousand EU workers left last year alone....how many more are going to leave altogether? And exactly who is going to do the jobs they've left?

However the picture painted in the programme, I feel, painted a picture of bias against British society in general. There was no mention of attacks on white sections of the population by immigrants or any other 'minority' group despite the fact that they do happen. She was entirely focused on demonstrating that the issue is completely one sided, whereas those of us with any ability to see beyond the journalistic bias can see that it affects all sections of society.

Where are they though? And i'm talking comparable equivalents here, eg, Polish (who make up the largest group of immigrants to UK), Spanish, French, German, Italian etc attacking and verbally abusing white British telling them to "f*ck off back to your own country you foreign c*nt".

I've scoured google trying to find just one example and failed so if you felt there was any bias, it's quite easy to see why.

I'm not in any way shape or form supporting or condoning this disgraceful situation, or the actions of the minority (societies thugs who are clearly not just white British nationals) but I do feel it needs a more considered approach. There are serious grievances (real or imagined) on both side of this issue (immigrants and UK nationals) that need to be addressed.

The rampant thuggery from feral youth bloated from so much chest puffing,swaggering and bullsh*t, my 'considered approach' would be to send them off to the front line in Iraq and see how long they last. Only problem is no time served and trained regular wants them anywhere near as they'd be a liability. The alternative is to take them off state benefits and put them to hard manual labour. A few weeks of that would soon knock the cockiness and aggression out of them plus they'd be too knackered to swagger around looking to pick a scrap with immigrants.

Bulletguy - 2017-10-13 2:55 AM

RogerC - 2017-10-12 10:52 PM

Friends on both sides? Illegals? Surely it is not a case of deciding whether or not to report illegals, it should be done as a matter of course. Illegals are just that illegal and she admitted to having friends who are/were illegals ergo her ideals are put in question.

She could, she can, she may well have done.....can but surmise. Bottom line is it's not an offence to have any as a friend just as it's not having friends with extreme right wing views.Off topic but relevant to your point re. 'illegals', it's long been common knowledge Trump employed many Polish for cheap labour to build Trump Tower http://time.com/4465744/donald-trump-undocumented-workers/ Then he goes and picks Puzder for Labour Secretary, a man who employed an illegal as his house cleaner and illegals on low rate income in his restaurant chains which made him a billionaire! Puzder eventually withdrew but i reckon you see where i'm coming from?!!

In levels of seriousness i know which i see as worse. One knows some as friends whilst POTUS employs 'em for cheap labour to build his garish tat. The former isn't an offence......the latter most certainly is!

I further agree that there are those like the Polish lady (teacher) and her sons that should be welcomed to our country. Indeed it appears she and her sons were made very welcome and it is despicable that those mindless idiots should victimise her and her family in any way shape or form.

They were initially made welcome from when they first came in 2012......but that all changed after June 2016. Now they are going to move either to Scotland or back to Poland. Well done England, that's a qualified school teacher you've lost. 120 thousand EU workers left last year alone....how many more are going to leave altogether? And exactly who is going to do the jobs they've left?

However the picture painted in the programme, I feel, painted a picture of bias against British society in general. There was no mention of attacks on white sections of the population by immigrants or any other 'minority' group despite the fact that they do happen. She was entirely focused on demonstrating that the issue is completely one sided, whereas those of us with any ability to see beyond the journalistic bias can see that it affects all sections of society.

Where are they though? And i'm talking comparable equivalents here, eg, Polish (who make up the largest group of immigrants to UK), Spanish, French, German, Italian etc attacking and verbally abusing white British telling them to "f*ck off back to your own country you foreign c*nt".

I've scoured google trying to find just one example and failed so if you felt there was any bias, it's quite easy to see why.

I'm not in any way shape or form supporting or condoning this disgraceful situation, or the actions of the minority (societies thugs who are clearly not just white British nationals) but I do feel it needs a more considered approach. There are serious grievances (real or imagined) on both side of this issue (immigrants and UK nationals) that need to be addressed.

The rampant thuggery from feral youth bloated from so much chest puffing,swaggering and bullsh*t, my 'considered approach' would be to send them off to the front line in Iraq and see how long they last. Only problem is no time served and trained regular wants them anywhere near as they'd be a liability. The alternative is to take them off state benefits and put them to hard manual labour. A few weeks of that would soon knock the cockiness and aggression out of them plus they'd be too knackered to swagger around looking to pick a scrap with immigrants.

Didn't take long to go from Hate on The Street to POTUS Sir Donald Trump ... Regarding Potus Trumps hiring of illegals while building Trump Towers I wouldn't imagine he was in charge of hiring and firing of site labour but if you can supply info that says he was and knew illegals were employed then might make the point more valid

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-10-12 1:55 AM

Very good Panorama on Tuesday for anyone who missed it. Very disturbing scenes.Viewing necessary only for those making a response.

"Race and religious hate crime is at its highest since current records began in 2008. Official figures have already revealed a significant spike in hate crime immediately after the EU referendum. Now, a year on, Livvy Haydock discovers that hate crimes have remained higher than their pre-referendum average."

Oh you mean those hate crimes that don't actually need any proof that they happened? *-) .......

http://www.civitas.org.uk/content/files/hatecrimethefactsbehindtheheadlines.pdf

pelmetman - 2017-10-13 9:25 AM

Bulletguy - 2017-10-12 1:55 AM

Oh you mean those hate crimes that don't actually need any proof that they happened? *-) .......

You make a good point Dave. A better measure as to whether there has been an increase in race hate crimes might be conviction rates but there are no figures that I can find that would take in all of the period associated with the alleged spike resulting from Brexit. I say “might” because there are a whole host of factors that govern whether such crimes are investigated and whether the CPS prosecute or not.

It would be refreshing if you applied the same caution in relation to other statistics that you have relied on to support your opinions in other debates.

Veronica

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-10-13 10:14 AM

It would be refreshing if you applied the same caution in relation to other statistics that you have relied on to support your opinions in other debates.

Veronica

If it's good enough for the Goose ;-) .......then it's good enough for the Gander :D .......

Bulletguy - 2017-10-13 2:55 AM
RogerC - 2017-10-12 10:52 PMFriends on both sides? Illegals? Surely it is not a case of deciding whether or not to report illegals, it should be done as a matter of course. Illegals are just that illegal and she admitted to having friends who are/were illegals ergo her ideals are put in question.
She could, she can, she may well have done.....can but surmise. Bottom line is it's not an offence to have any as a friend just as it's not having friends with extreme right wing views.Off topic but relevant to your point re. 'illegals', it's long been common knowledge Trump employed many Polish for cheap labour to build Trump Tower http://time.com/4465744/donald-trump-undocumented-workers/ Then he goes and picks Puzder for Labour Secretary, a man who employed an illegal as his house cleaner and illegals on low rate income in his restaurant chains which made him a billionaire! Puzder eventually withdrew but i reckon you see where i'm coming from?!!In levels of seriousness i know which i see as worse. One knows some as friends whilst POTUS employs 'em for cheap labour to build his garish tat. The former isn't an offence......the latter most certainly is!
I agree the 'youffs' are the dregs of society as are all the other foul mouthed ranting idiots as well as those offering physical violence....I consider I said as much in my preceding post.I further agree that there are those like the Polish lady (teacher) and her sons that should be welcomed to our country. Indeed it appears she and her sons were made very welcome and it is despicable that those mindless idiots should victimise her and her family in any way shape or form.
Where are they though? And i'm talking comparable equivalents here, eg, Polish (who make up the largest group of immigrants to UK), Spanish, French, German, Italian etc attacking and verbally abusing white British telling them to "f*ck off back to your own country you foreign c*nt".I've scoured google trying to find just one example and failed so if you felt there was any bias, it's quite easy to see why.

With reference to the 'bold' above.  I don't accept the comment or the implied criticism.  There are those, you amongst them, who rail against anyone grouping Muslims together when decrying the likes of ISIS or commenting on terrorist atrocities or affording blame on any one group for the actions of a minority.  Here you are doing exactly the same........so it's all right to blame 'England' for the actions of a very small minority of the population but heaven help anyone who dares focus similarly on Muslims.

As for what Trump does or doesn't....I really don't care.  However as he is a billionaire businessman I very much doubt he had any hand or interest in the hiring and firing of those employed to build his edifices so I fail to see the relevance.............smoke/mirrors?

antony1969 - 2017-10-13 6:32 AM

Didn't take long to go from Hate on The Street to POTUS Sir Donald Trump ...

You are addressing him incorrectly Antony. That's quite insulting coming from an admirer.

pelmetman - 2017-10-13 9:25 AM

Civitas is a right wing political 'think tank' well known for opposing immigration sending out insidious leaflets such as "Do We Need Mass Immigration?" and "Tomorrow is Another Country: What is wrong with the UK's asylum policy?" Dr David Coleman, adviser to the anti-immigration Migration Watch also writes for them so it's pretty clear to see this is not a reliable source at all. Registered as a charity for tax reasons it's unusually secretive about it's individual funders.

It's what Roger would undoubtedly term biased and i'd agree. Personally i'd sooner take staistics from the ONS or senior Police specialising in documenting hate crimes who effectively are our 'front line troops' dealing with this criminality on a daily basis, in preference to a right wing political group which cites Twitter and Facebook as 'sources'.

It wasn't a wise choice of link but naturally fits your agenda of hate. You should have read up more about them first.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-think-tanks-carrying-out-independent-research-to-support-brexit-have-close-links-to-a6866011.html

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2004/aug/31/race.newschools

http://www.hizb.org.uk/viewpoint/exposing-the-right-wing-anti-islam-alliance/

RogerC - 2017-10-13 12:58 PM

With reference to the 'bold' above. I don't accept the comment or the implied criticism.

I'm not sure how else anyone could see it?

Polish lady working as a qualified school teacher living with her family in UK since 2012 receives racial abuse and told to "go back to your own country you fu*kin' Polish cu*t". Son gets physically attacked and beaten up. So her and her husband have now decided to leave England altogether and plan to move to Scotland or back to Poland.

That's just one family.......how many more? Oh, and who is going to replace her teaching post when she's gone?

There are those, you amongst them, who rail against anyone grouping Muslims together when decrying the likes of ISIS or commenting on terrorist atrocities or affording blame on any one group for the actions of a minority. Here you are doing exactly the same........so it's all right to blame 'England' for the actions of a very small minority of the population but heaven help anyone who dares focus similarly on Muslims.

That's true and yes i used the word England to define the geographical location, not the people. I think most, though not all, can distinguish the chasm of difference between the ideological nutjobs of IS and Muslims per se.

As for what Trump does or doesn't....I really don't care. However as he is a billionaire businessman I very much doubt he had any hand or interest in the hiring and firing of those employed to build his edifices so I fail to see the relevance.............smoke/mirrors?

I did say it was off thread topic but personally i felt it relevant to the point you mentioned re 'illegals'. When people in power with huge wealth indulge it, a convenient blind eye is turned and 'it's ok'. In my book it makes them a hypocrite. Yes he made good use of smoke and mirrors to blame shift and dodge his way out of it.

Point still stands, it's not an offence (afaik) to be friends with an 'illegal'. It only becomes an offence if you employ them knowing they are 'illegals'.

pelmetman - 2017-10-13 9:27 AM

Here's another example of a Brit being offensive to a minority 8-) .........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4975996/RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-Right-crusade-makes-mugs-us.html

I wonder when I can expect the Koran to be banned?.........As its offensive to us Kafirs :-| .........

There's a bit of a flaw in Richard Littlejohn's arguments about why the mugs she was selling depicting the Knights Templar were innocuous - ergo the observation that the mugs she was selling depicted an organisation involved in the crusades 700 years ago. The market trader claims that the council have confirmed that the complaint related to the fact that the Knights Templar killed Muslims during the Crusades but the council have not confirmed that those claims were true. "The Knights Templar" in their modern re-incarnation are notorious for being anti-Muslim and for issuing inflammatory statements about them.

If continuing to trade at this market mattered so much to her I do wonder why she ignored the first request that she remove them and continued to flout it. She removed other goods with Nazi symbols when asked previously to do so at the council’s request why not these? How dear to her was the principle that dictated she must be permitted to sell the mugs such that if ranked above her concern for her livelihood and why was it so dear to her? The information about other offensive stuff she sold in the past combined with the photo of her arms outstretched with what seems like a feigned incredulous expression speaks volumes in my book.

Veronica

Archived