Hoover

michele

I would like to buy a hand held portable or electric little Hoover ..

Any suggestions ? i like to keep it clean the carpet is now ruined but thank god we were not worried as we have rolled up the originals and put them away . It was only a bit of scrap so if the kids got it dirty with juice or crisps it wasn't a big deal...I do have problems getting all the crumbs from the side of the fridge and down the little nooks and crannies ..

Anyone use one of these I,ve heard that the Dyson hand one is good..

any info anyone ;-)

Michele

We use a little mini vac.

Best way to discribe it is just a mini version of a hoover upright.

Works fine for us on either carpets or a plain floor(when dogs are travelling with us)

We charge it up when on site, lasts about 10-15 mins on full power.

Just about right for us.

You will've seen them at many shows. works for us anyway

Thai

Hi Michele, I use a ten year old rechargeable Dirt Devil in the workshop for quick cleanup jobs. It works really well but has a limited dirt capacity and short battery life (10 mins or so). This is fine for the occasional quick cleanup job though. I think I payed about £20 or so but that was about 10 years ago.

D.

By the way, don't take it so personal, its not you that upsets people, they can manage that all by themselves usually. If and when you ever become a problem in that respect I'm sure the mod will let you know. Until then go where you want and within reason say what you feel. (lol)

D.

We have got a little hand held 12v - it aint' much good, but better than nothing! Charge it up, lasts about 15 mins - and thats it, bought it from Asda - cost about 16.99.

They are not up to the job of cleaning properly, but gets the crumbs and sand and grit up.

Best to lift the carpets (if they are removable of course) take outside and give them a good shake, and use a dustpan and brush on the floor, then if you need to get in the corners use the vac.

So - yes to getting in all the nooks and crannies (well maybe not all :-> ) then it would be ok for that, just make sure you get one with a thin enough crevise tool!!

have a good day Michele

Carol

If it's crisps you want clearing up you can borrow my Jack Russell, her nose is constantly twitching in the direction of the floor, just in case ......... ;-)

Or you could try feeding the kids in the shower ...... any crumbs can be rinsed down the plug? Or give them plates/dishes to put their crisps onto - how old are they, capable of dropping them, should be capable of picking them up ;-) or those baby 'bibs' with a drip-catcher?

lizzy thats the thing with the kids they are not capable of picking them up !

never mind just another job but its done quickly.

Actually they are crisp and biscuit mad its the texture you see Autisim is a funny thing .anyway hubby is not adverse to having it all over the carpet as well .its the bits that fly down the side of the fridge and at the bottom of the fixed bed .They cannot hold a plate I have tried a bowl but still all over the seats and end up on the floor...never mind worse at sea.

Next time I am in ASDA I will hunt for one but I quite like the sound of the Dirt Devil they have a good name for power here's hoping. ;-)

Hi Michele I used to have a morphy richards hand held but got sick of walking about on my hands and knees also it was very dirty to empty as it had a cloth bag! I bought one of the plastic cyclone looking things that you see in mags like Saga! BUT! after a couple of years now Im looking for another as it doesnt seem to be picking up the same SO I might be going back to walking about on my hands and knees as they are more powerful and they have belt and brushes not just suction.

Hope I havent confused you too much!!

What would be ideal is a plastic dust container but with belt and brushes!

So good Luck and if you find one let us know. ;-)

michele - 2007-05-17 10:39 PM

Lizzy ,

how much the jack russ ;-)

margaret ,

sorry just seen your post so what was the alternative one that you didn't use your hands and knees for called ! or was it just an upright big thing?

Michele the upright one is a yellow thing with a clear plastic canister and filter im afraid I dont know the make as it isnt on it but I bought it out of a mag: I cant remember if it was a Saga or a Now mag! but I have seen similar ones advertised, my daughter borrows it if we are away with her she hoovers her awning with it as well Ill be giving her it if I can find another, she hasnt a dog so she has no pet hairs to pick up just crumbs like you from the mucky pups. :-) If I manage to find a good one Ill post on hete and let you know.

Archived