Insulation?

Guest Tracker

Guest Tracker

Years ago in the 80's when we had older uninsulated Auto Sleepers Talismans we used to need the Truma / Carver gas convector on a low setting in the cool autumn evenings.

These days because the latest vans are better insulated we only need the convector on a low setting in the cool autumn evenings.

So does the extra insulation make any difference or not?

Guest Tracker
I have edited it a bit but yes I do know exactly what I mean and I think it's just that you are not reading what I wrote as I wrote it but only as you read it - I think?

Mel B - 2007-10-17 8:00 PM

Rich ... did you mean what you said? If so you said the same thing twice so what are you saying????? 8-)

Don't worry about it Mel. He's lost the plot.

Guest Tracker
peter - 2007-10-17 8:18 PM

Mel B - 2007-10-17 8:00 PM

Rich ... did you mean what you said? If so you said the same thing twice so what are you saying????? 8-)

Don't worry about it Mel. He's lost the plot.

What plot?????????????????????

perhaps you should approach AS owners club for the answer to what is clearly a very techie question :->

alternatively, perhaps your blood is getting thinner - in which case the answer's gonna be 'yes' [if I can still remember the question] :D

B-)

I think the answere lies in the " years ago in the 80s" the fact is todays vans are better insulated, but time marches on, we get older, and feel the cold more, therefore requiring the heater to be on when perhaps 20years ago we had better circulation we may not have used it so much. :-S

Guest Tracker
carioca - 2007-10-18 10:12 AM

more insulation(!) heaters turned on (!) what are you on about cold nights are the perfect excuse to jump into bed early & snuggle up under the quilt >:-) >:-)

Maybe that's why we don't feel the cold any more than we used to?

my last van was a 96 clubman my present van is a 06 marquis lancashire.

the old van drive 100 miles and it was frezzeing when we went in the back (without opening any doors/windows or vents, new van really warm, now i think the heater on the old van was better.

likewise the truma water heater keeps the water a lot hotter for much longer than the carver heater ever did.

perhaps the heat retention is better because the new van isn't monoco, monco, grp.

pete

Archived