Insurance second named driver

colin

Due to the recent death of my father I have inherited yet another car. It is the most suitable vehicle I have to transport my mother, so I will be keeping it and have couple of weeks to get it reinsured, but, my uncle will shortly be ariving from South Africa on his anual 3 month UK visit, usualy he would spend couple of months with my parents and my father would drive him around, I would like to put him on the insurance as second driver so he has use of car, anyone had experience of trying to put someone with a foriegn lisence on a british insurance?

Actually Colin yeah why not . Come to think of it I am sick of Hearing that question over the last few days . Has your daughter any convictions NO.

Any FPN's NO how long has she held a FULL UK LICENCE ... Dont really pay it much attention wonder what would happen or how much it would go up or down if I said NO.

I hope you have joy because its been agony for me tryng to get her insured in a van . Good Luck Col ;-)

Without going into to many details, there is a good reason for me knowing how I should aproach insurance before I contact them, all I can say is complications with dual nationality mean I have a second way to do it but don't want to go down this route.

Archived