Is there room for a more considered post about Tusk and Co?

Archiesgrandad

Is there room for a more considered post about the comments Tusk made, without all the bullsh*t and yahoo of the other posting?

I am sure that I'm not the only one who is appalled by Tusks outburst. As has been stated elsewhere, the Uk has been one of only two countries that pay in the money that runs the EU, and enables the Tusks and Barniers of the EU to enjoy their fabulous salaries and other perks, and pays the subsidies that have enabled the Macrons and other leaders in the EU to continue to enjoy their time in the limelight.

I will also point out that in a few months time we will be remembering the Normandy landings, in which 160,000 allied troops gave their all to bring to an end to the occupation of almost all of the continent of Europe from a cruel and oppresive dictator. Of those 160,000 men, 83,000 were American and 73,000 were troops of the British Empire, the remaining 4,000 were from the other allied nations, including 170 soldiers of the Free French Army led by De Gaule. ( De Gaule was not amongst them because he was considered so treacherous by his peers that they did not even tell him of the plan.)

I think that time will eventually enable us to see what the actual outcome of the present situation is, and I have more to lose than most of you, but I think that the outburst from Tusk should not go unremarked, and the EU should take such action as is required to help Tusk understand his mistake in saying such things, and if my sentiments are echoed across the EU, then it will become a better place.

AGD

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what all that has to do with Tusks outburst.

He was simply expressing his frustration with the clowns who brought about Brexit without having any kind of plan ready for what comes after.

I would think that quite a lot of people feel the same.

:-|

As I have said elsewhere what he actually said was there was a special place in hell for politicians who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan. It just exposes the genius of Donald Tusk. To be offended by his tweet / speech, you have to admit to not having a plan for delivering Brexit, despite promoting it to the British people with lots of empty promises. You can't be offended without proving yourself ignorant at best, fraudulent at worst.

Are you aware that you pay more to Northern Ireland as a subsidy than we paid into the EU on an annual basis?

My father took part in the Normandy landings and was subsequently BAOR until 1947 what he witnessed over that time damaged him for the rest of his life. As you are keen to introduce the war i suggest that you take note that it was Churchill who proposed a United States of Europe in 1946.

Fast Pat - 2019-02-07 12:55 PM

As I have said elsewhere what he actually said was there was a special place in hell for politicians who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan. It just exposes the genius of Donald Tusk. To be offended by his tweet / speech, you have to admit to not having a plan for delivering Brexit, despite promoting it to the British people with lots of empty promises. You can't be offended without proving yourself ignorant at best, fraudulent at worst.

Are you aware that you pay more to Northern Ireland as a subsidy than we paid into the EU on an annual basis?

My father took part in the Normandy landings and was subsequently BAOR until 1947 what he witnessed over that time damaged him for the rest of his life. As you are keen to introduce the war i suggest that you take note that it was Churchill who proposed a United States of Europe in 1946.

Regarding Churchill. He did say that but did not include the UK in a United States of Europe.

Archiesgrandad - 2019-02-07 12:31 PM

Is there room for a more considered post about the comments Tusk made, without all the bullsh*t and yahoo of the other posting?

I am sure that I'm not the only one who is appalled by Tusks outburst.

Why? He stated a clear fact many of us have known about for the past two and half years, including i suspect, some Brexiters albeit grudgingly.

"By the way, i've been wondering what that special place in Hell looks like for those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan to carry it safely"

In other words he was aiming it at Gove, Johnson, Farage etc who championed the Brexit cause "without even a sketch of a plan to carry it safely".....and that is correct isn't it? None had a plan. Having lit the bonfire they all ran off.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-02-07 12:41 PM

He was simply expressing his frustration with the clowns who brought about Brexit without having any kind of plan ready for what comes after.

The plan was to leave ;-) ...........

All the other stuff is just bullsh*t from Remoaners and a disgruntled EU determined to make a example of anyone who dares to leave their empire *-) ..........

We've certainly discovered how friendly our neigbours really are 8-) .........

It's also worth noting that we didn’t see this outcry when:

Priti Patel said we should starve the Irish, again.

BoJo said that the EU were trying to create a superstate like Hitler had.

Hunt said Eastern European countries had joined the EUSSR

Daniel Kawczynski incorrectly claimed Britain received no money from the Marshall plan

Mark Francois utilised his father’s second world war experiences to criticise the German CEO of Airbus,

David Davis said that if “our civil service can cope with world war II it can easily cope with this”

JRM invoked every european war from Crecy through Agincourt and Trafalgar onwards

Respect is a two way street.....

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-07 3:29 PM

Respect is a two way street.....

True ;-) ..........

Remoaners lost theirs on the 24th June 2016 when they all spat their dummies out >:-) ......

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-07 3:55 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-07 3:25 PM

And how did you intend to do that, just walkaway?

If they don't want a sensible deal then yes ;-) ..........

What are they gonna do?.......Invade? :D .........

For where....what destination plan was in place? There wasn't one was there? (I do like your use of past tense though which shows hesitation and doubt!).

We've certainly discovered how friendly our neigbours really are 8-) .........

I take it you'll live up to that statement by binning your passport and refusing to set foot outside the UK ever again?

Nope......thought you wouldn't.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-07 4:43 PM

For where....what destination plan was in place? There wasn't one was there? (I do like your use of past tense though which shows hesitation and doubt!).

Nope........It just shows how tense and nervous you Remoaners are about what's going to happen in 50 days time :D ..........

Perhaps a double Tenna man might be advisable on the 29th ;-) .......

https://www.promofarma.com/tena-pants-maxi-t-grande-

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-07 4:30 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-07 4:15 PM

If they don't want a sensible deal then yes ;-) ..........

What are they gonna do?.......Invade? :D .........

So we walkaway without a deal and leave the without paying our dues and smash a international peace treaty?

Who's smashing a peace treaty?......Mrs May has already said the UK wont be installing a hard border, so it'll be the EU and the Irish doing the smashing if they install a hard border :D ........

As for paying our dues........We've been overpaying them for 4 decades *-) ........

Archiesgrandad - 2019-02-07 12:31 PM

I will also point out that in a few months time we will be remembering the Normandy landings, in which 160,000 allied troops gave their all to bring to an end to the occupation of almost all of the continent of Europe from a cruel and oppresive dictator. Of those 160,000 men, 83,000 were American and 73,000 were troops of the British Empire, the remaining 4,000 were from the other allied nations, including 170 soldiers of the Free French Army led by De Gaule. ( De Gaule was not amongst them because he was considered so treacherous by his peers that they did not even tell him of the plan.)

AGD

The Russians also did their little bit in WW2 .

"During the German–Soviet War, the Red Army drafted a staggering 29,574,900 in addition to the 4,826,907 in service at the beginning of the war."

pelmetman - 2019-02-07 4:52 PM

Who's smashing a peace treaty?......Mrs May has already said the UK wont be installing a hard border, so it'll be the EU and the Irish doing the smashing if they install a hard border :D ........

As for paying our dues........We've been overpaying them for 4 decades *-) ........

So you're not going to install a hard border under your plan, so what happened to taking back control?

Overpaying yeah .....the damage to the UK economy caused by the vote to leave the European Union already exceeds the size of the budget contributions Britain will be able to claim back when it finally leaves the block.

pelmetman - 2019-02-07 4:49 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-07 4:43 PM

Nope........It just shows how tense and nervous you Remoaners are about what's going to happen in 50 days time :D ..........

You've avoided the question. What destination plan was in place? Will you please link to some credible fact on that as i'd like to see evidence. Continually evading the question suggests you can't, and we know you can't because there wasn't anything was there?

ps; I gather you've had a quick change of mind and decided not to bin your passport as you love an EU country that much you spend half the year out of the UK!!

Try to play nicely lads, you can kick 7 bells out of one another on a different post, let's be grown up on this one.

We did have a very clear, well defined plan when Cameron went to Brussels to explain that were were not happy with their plans. We planned to have serious discussions with our friends in order to help them find a new way of retaining their Union, changing democratic accountability, revising the ruinous CAP, restoring fairness in the fisheries policy, and lots more. As the UK was not actually allowed to be a fully participating member in the Common Market, we wanted to agree some trade deals that could restore equality.

We had not expected that response would be to throw all their toys out of the pram and refuse to even talk about it. Be fair, it still seems to be remarkable that when faced with the reality that the fifth richest country in the world, one of the major importers of EU products, and the only other net contributor to EU funds, says that things need to change or they are leaving, that there was no meaningful discussion about what might be possible.

We recall that at the time of the Normandy Landings Russia was too busy invading Eastern Europe with a view to creating their own undemocratic empire to be involved, but unlike De Gaule we did tell them.

I suppose my real problem is that notwithstanding all that has transpired over the past 100 years or so, we are not seen as worthwhile friends of at least some of the EU countries whom we tried to help at such considerable cost over the years, and they all appear to be so far in hock to Germany that they are not even able to speak up publicly in support of us.

AGD

EU: What do you want?

May: Brexit means Brexit

EU: Made your mind up yet?

May: Backstop

EU: Ok

May: No backstop

EU: Eh?

May: Backstop, yeah but no but yeah.

EU: You ok hun?

May: National interest

EU: WHAT DO YOU WANT?!

May: I don't know. You tell me.

EU: FFS.

May: I blame you.

Fast Pat - 2019-02-07 6:05 PM

EU: What do you want?

May: Brexit means Brexit

EU: Made your mind up yet?

May: Backstop

EU: Ok

May: No backstop

EU: Eh?

May: Backstop, yeah but no but yeah.

EU: You ok hun?

May: National interest

EU: WHAT DO YOU WANT?!

May: I don't know. You tell me.

EU: FFS.

May: I blame you.

I don't know wether to laugh or cry at that ... is that an actual EU/May discussion or just another Hollywood script youve dreamt up

pelmetman - 2019-02-07 4:49 PM

https://www.promofarma.com/tena-pants-maxi-t-grande-

You are going to love this one - Donald Tusk Told Theresa May That Jeremy Corbyn's Plan Could Be "A Promising Way" Out Of The Brexit Impasse. https://www.buzzfeed.com/albertonardelli/tusk-brexit-corbyn

So a soft brexit, us still paying in and following, but not contributing to the formulation of, EU rules.

Muswell - 2019-02-07 6:11 PM

From day 1 the problem was how you avoid a hard border in Ireland without a hard border in the Irish sea. Nobody has come up with a plan for that since 2016, which is why they are frightened of the backstop,,,because they know that they never will.

Trump is building a wall in Ireland.......to protect against what he called a Chinese hoax.....climate change!! (lol)(lol)

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2017-12-22/trump-resort-in-ireland-will-build-seawalls-to-protect-against-climate-change

Regarding the OP and Tusks comments about the Brexit Orchestrators, does anyone find it a bit amusing that after two and a half years of the rufty tufty Brexiteers calling us remainers everything from wets to loony lefty tree huggers that now they are all suddenly offended and all hurt but an EU politicians comments. Snowflakes!

Muswell - 2019-02-07 6:11 PM

From day 1 the problem was how you avoid a hard border in Ireland without a hard border in the Irish sea. Nobody has come up with a plan for that since 2016, which is why they are frightened of the backstop,,,because they know that they never will.

But the Tories want to renage anyway when the time comes.......fortunately the EU can see just what a loads of liars the Brits are......long live the backstop :-D

Archived