It pays to check!

Tracker

For some years we have insured the home and contents and personal effects away from the home with LV.

The premium has always seemed reasonable enough to me but I must admit to not checking for the last two years for a variety of reasons.

So this year's renewal notice arrives asking for £156, not bad I thought for the risk involved, but I'll check and see what the friendly Meerkats advise.

Lo and behold those very nice Meerkats have quoted me £132 for absolutely identical cover so guess what I will be doing!!

It pays to check - Simples!

A friend of mine used LV as he got 4 month unoccupancy with them through MK yet when i contacted them they told me they don't cover that for property and contents. When i mentioned a friend of mine was covered on that with them they replied, "not with us he hasn't", so i wasn't sure what to make of that. Saga gives me unoccupancy and the premium is good too.

LV get very good feedback and reports and Saga were first class when some pillock reversed into my wife's parked car 3 yeras ago, but along with most of the others they both play the game of charging existing customers more at renewal than new customers.

To be fair it's only been a few quid with motor from LV but it was a jump of over £200 more with Saga one year after the renewal following the claim, so in spite of our loyalty they lost the business.

Although I may just cancel the existing policy and take out a new one with LV via the Meerkats website and get another freebie Meerkat to add to our collection!

Archived