Keep Smiling

Guest Syd

SMILING:

Smiling is infectious, you catch it like the flu

When someone smiled at me today, I started smiling too.

I passed around the corner and someone saw my grin,

And when he smiled, I realised I’d passed it onto him!

I thought about the smile and I realised its worth.

A single smile like mine, could travel round the earth.

If you feel a smile begin, don’t leave it undetected.

Let’s start an epidemic, and get the world infected.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest caraprof
Dave Newell - 2007-07-17 4:40 PM Ooh I do hope Crinkly and Frank read this one and take it to heart. (lol) D.

I know that I can be an argumentative bugger David but you of all people ought to know that, of anyone on this site, I love a good laugh.

I say that because I once remember you saying that one post of mine was the funniest one that you'd ever heard.

I still think that waving at total strangers is not the done thing and if others think that that makes me a miserable devil, then so be it!

Anyway, why don't you try looking on the bright side. Starspirit has been on holiday for weeks, so just think how many good rows that has prevented.

You are absolutely correct Frank but please don't call me David, I know it is my given name but I much prefer Dave, it somehow sounds friendlier. The only people I accept calling me David are my parents and, unless my Mum had a bike and lots of energy to get from Shropshire to Bolton and back, I doubt if you're one of them *-) .

D.

Guest caraprof
Happy to call you Dave, Dave! Normally people get upset for the opposite reason, being addressed informally by people who don't really know them!

davenewell@home - 2007-07-17 8:15 PM

The only people I accept calling me David are my parents

My daughter always knew she was in trouble whenever I called her by her full name. Come to think of it she still does :-S

Hello,

Reference Starspirit, you are quite right. I have had an exchange of emails with him when he has been back at base and he has been most helpful in answering my questions and giving me advice re his home county and his Scottish touring experiences in the past. When his touring season is over. He will be back on here for the winter. I informed him that you were back, Frank, some time ago and he does not expect to verbally tangle with again unless some extreme view from yourself arises. I still await with interest, but but he has no intention of being banned after the Mod's warning.

Best wishes to all you regulars, let us hope that we do get some sort of summer and a good autumn.

Dave has mentioned before that only his Mother calls him David, and this being a personal thing I think we should respect that this is what he wants to be called.

The reason I remember this is that my brother in law insists on being called David, and not Dave. This of course is the opposite to Dave N. but touchy or not, everyone,s entitled to being addressed in a way they feel at comfortable with.

What says you Rog.

;-)

How can a sweet and inoffensive little poem like this, posted by a like mannered poster cause anyone any offence.

Kiss and make up guy's

Quite right Sydney, but not everything in life is sweetness and light. Nothing wrong with being miserable now and then, and having everyone going around with a big smile on their faces would soon start to wear a bit thin. Show me someone with a big smile and a firm handshake, and i,ll show you someone with one hand already reaching into your wallet.

:-(

To Syd, who is offended by this thread, not me for certain :-D . To Rogerra I suspect we have tangled on another forum where you also talked out of your bumhole. If not then I apologise but how do you make me out to be a "bit touchy" just because I prefer to be called Dave rather than David? Surely its my name and therefore my choice.

D.

Thank you John, and you Michele. Still not right but feeling a lot better. Had time to think things over cuddled up to my oxygen bottle this last week or two, and have decided to be less controversial and more relaxed with my postings in future. Supprised to see Frank come off second best with Crinklystarfish, though being stuffed good and proper does,nt seem to have done him any harm.

Guest caraprof
howie - 2007-07-19 12:09 AM Thank you John, and you Michele. Still not right but feeling a lot better. Had time to think things over cuddled up to my oxygen bottle this last week or two, and have decided to be less controversial and more relaxed with my postings in future. Supprised to see Frank come off second best with Crinklystarfish, though being stuffed good and proper does,nt seem to have done him any harm.

Second best - what gives you that impression? It was obvious that our conversation was going nowhere and I sensibly decided that I was calling a halt to the argument. I asked him to justify certain remarks and he came out with the old line "I could refute your comments but I won't bother" (not exactly in those words, but you know what I mean!).

You mustn't assume that because someone writes somelike like his last rather bullying rant against me that he's won anything. As I said, I could have replied but I'd already stated that I was out of it. I do not want to be banned for continuing with very long arguments!

SMILING:

Smiling is infectious, you catch it like the flu

When someone smiled at me today, I started smiling too.

I passed around the corner and someone saw my grin,

And when he smiled, I realised I’d passed it onto him!

I thought about the smile and I realised its worth.

A single smile like mine, could travel round the earth.

If you feel a smile begin, don’t leave it undetected.

Let’s start an epidemic, and get the world infected (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Archived