Kids

michele

Are all kids the same I wonder oozing attitude or is it when they just reach a certain age ?.

If I ask my daughter Jodhi to do anything and I mean anything wash a dish not use the en suite as its mine and I am sick of going in there and finding no shampoo no hairbrush no towel it's, But I have to work hard all day get off my back. 18..

The other get out of my en suite use the wet room use the bath but get out of my room it's attitude oozing . This one sneeks in and out never hardly comes home and when she does its just to change clothes have a shower use all the shampoo and in general avoid everyone and straight out again picks up nothing washes nothing does nothing...

The bit I like is if you say anything you are an oga...It don't matter what way I say it it's wrong ..Someone please tell me is it only mine.

Its like kevin & perry in this house untill they want something then its butter wouldn't melt. How long does this go on for please help desperate I think I,m going to kick them all out soon.

It goes on a while yet, then it gets really expensive when they want to go to college / get married, it costs a fortune then the grandchildren come along, and they are so cute, you spoil the, thats what grandchildren are for, then they get to teanagers and the attitude kicks in again, but they are all yours you are proud of them, and it comes full circle, would not swop them for the world. Carol.

Ours is 26 and back INTO it - he operates a "need-to-know" policy where we're concerned, but his definition of what we need to know doesn't always match ours! Fortunately he doesn't live here now, just comes in for meals a couple of times a week, so mostly we really DON'T "n-2-k."

Daughter (24, still at home, just graduated) is now far more articulate - especially when she comes home five minutes before the end of whatever we've been watching on telly!

Tony

No not perfect far from it I can even remeber my mother being ill in bed and asking me for a cuppa which I promptly made with hot water from the tap. I walked into her bedroom placed it down on the side and I didn't even make it to the bedroom door before she slung the whole lot over me.

ha Ha serves me right .... Just i dont remember having the attitude to match my mum didn't buy me one of them ..

the tortoise - 2007-07-20 10:03 AM

Interesting - how many of us can put our hands on our hearts and HONESTLY say that we were perfect at that age?!

Besides me you mean? 8-)

I agree with Dave. They do eventually grow out of it but it takes a long time.

Best advice is once they leave (university, marriage etc.) change the locks quick! I didn't and my daughter got divorced and came back. However the time she stayed with us before moving out again we got on better with ther than ever. Just goes to show something...

the tortoise - 2007-07-20 10:03 AM

Interesting - how many of us can put our hands on our hearts and HONESTLY say that we were perfect at that age?!

When I was a teenager I understood every grunt I made *-) .

As for changing the locks, I made a huge mistake years ago when I told our son that when he finally left home (being the last to go) we would sell the house, buy a decent motorhome and go off touring. Needless to say there are no signs of him leaving :-( ..

D.

Frankkia - 2007-07-19 10:19 PM Glad to say we ain't got any! And you have just reminded me of how just lucky we are. I knew there was a reason we preferred dogs!

Frankkia

Likewise,us too have no kids, been married for 27 years now.Just thinking of some of the things that we could NOT have done if we'd had children. Nothing against people with children, but have got used to being happy as we are. Selfish maybe as we only have to please ourselves.

Thai

I'm with Frankkia and Thai on this .. no kids just dogs and rats.

After the problems that my brother has had - he put his kids through private school - although they did get scholarships for the fees it still cost him a packet for all the 'extras' they needed like uniform, trips, equipment, books etc. They then went on to University (more money) then promptly left and went travelling!!!! Still expected to be able to come home whenever they wanted so they had to keep their 4 bed house. Son eventually comes back to the UK after a couple of years and after being at home for a while gets a good job, not requiring his degree at all!!! Buys a house of his own but still expects to be able to go home as and when. Daughter eventually ends up in New Zealand after travelling around in between periods of time at home, not giving anything for her keep. Now expects Dad to pay for a great plush wedding in the UK for her, hate to imagine how much it's costing but my bother has been working weekends for 6 months now to pay for it and it isn't until December! He'll be totally knackered by then! Oh, and, as son isn't getting married, he thinks his Dad should give him the equivalent of the cost of the wedding in cash so he can buy himself something nice!!!!!!

The worse that the dogs do is demand an extra biscuit!!!

Mel B - 2007-07-20 6:03 PM

I'm with Frankkia and Thai on this .. no kids just dogs and rats.

After the problems that my brother has had - he put his kids through private school - although they did get scholarships for the fees it still cost him a packet for all the 'extras' they needed like uniform, trips, equipment, books etc. They then went on to University (more money) then promptly left and went travelling!!!! Still expected to be able to come home whenever they wanted so they had to keep their 4 bed house. Son eventually comes back to the UK after a couple of years and after being at home for a while gets a good job, not requiring his degree at all!!! Buys a house of his own but still expects to be able to go home as and when. Daughter eventually ends up in New Zealand after travelling around in between periods of time at home, not giving anything for her keep. Now expects Dad to pay for a great plush wedding in the UK for her, hate to imagine how much it's costing but my bother has been working weekends for 6 months now to pay for it and it isn't until December! He'll be totally knackered by then! Oh, and, as son isn't getting married, he thinks his Dad should give him the equivalent of the cost of the wedding in cash so he can buy himself something nice!!!!!!

The worse that the dogs do is demand an extra biscuit!!!

with the greatest of respect, and bearing in mind that I don't know your brother Mel, I cna't help thinking that the behaviour of his offspring speaks mightily of himself. If you know what I mean.

D.

Dave, you mean the poor sod who is expected to pander to their every whim, including the Mrs and in-laws? He's great, its just that he's expected to do the 'best' for the kids, even though they are adults of the world. His wife refuses to drive, even though she can, so he always ends up having to be the one driving home from parties etc, and even on Christmas day he ends up running round picking up the in-laws and taking them back. We've told him for years that he should for once put his foot down and say no but he won't. He actually doesn't mind too much doing the work at the weekend in the office (he's a tax man) as it get's him out of the chores and other jobs they'd have lined up for him, at least at work he gets a bit of peace and quiet!!!

We used to feel sorry for him but at the end of the day he could say no, but chooses not to do so, he's not weak, just likes to please, sometimes he should put himself first.

Each to their own.

Archived